Will you still wear a mask?

Dreamcruise27

1 hour ago, rotoal said:

And where I live in PA - I believe not too far from you - depending on the store, I see many people wearing masks, fewer than before, but still many people.   Yesterday I was in a local Costco, followed by Acme (pronounced Acamee), and I was not the only one masked.    When masks were required this particular Acme had a fairly low compliance rate, so it is refreshing to see that people are still masking up.

What I don't understand are the people who continue to wear chin masks.

That and couples where one is wearing a mask and the other isn't.

The most interesting couple is one I have seen several times at our local Costco. They are both in (about) their 70s. He walks with a mask and she, in a scooter (so I would guess has health problems) does NOT wear a mask!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, D C said:

Around me, people with masks are very noticeable simply due to the rarity of the occurrence. 

Yes it is perhaps telling when we start to notice the people wearing masks.  Last year we noticed the people who were not wearing masks.  No judgment from me on this.  Just observational.

19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes it is perhaps telling when we start to notice the people wearing masks.  Last year we noticed the people who were not wearing masks.  No judgment from me on this.  Just observational.

Reminds me of our Feb 2020 cruise at the start of this. The one person on a Southwest flight wearing a mask was the last to have someone sit next to her. Fast forward to our 2022 flight in first class where a passenger from the back gave a look to the folks drinking to not have to have their masks on as much. Totally different world. Can’t wait to be fully back in 2020 mode. 

Yes, I will still wear a mask (I did last month on the Apex). Not that I fear Covid— I am boostered and have had Covid but because of how quickly it can spread  (to fellow cruisers and crew). I don’t want to make some people very ill but, also, in a practical “vacation” sense,  having several sick crew members may spoil the vacation.

Easyjet tweaked their mask policy mid-March for many routes https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2022/03/24/easyjet-drops-face-mask-rule-but-only-on-selected-routes/

This weekend dozens of flights had to be cancelled and they expect more to be cancelled this week. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/apr/04/easyjet-cancels-flights-covid-staff-travel-airports

4 hours ago, Basketball wife said:

Yes, I will still wear a mask (I did last month on the Apex). Not that I fear Covid— I am boostered and have had Covid but because of how quickly it can spread  (to fellow cruisers and crew). I don’t want to make some people very ill but, also, in a practical “vacation” sense,  having several sick crew members may spoil the vacation.

Really?  If you are concerned about you or others giving or receiving covid, you probably shouldn't cruise, because I don't think that mask you are wearing will be providing that much protection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Really?  If you are concerned about you or others giving or receiving covid, you probably shouldn't cruise, because I don't think that mask you are wearing will be providing that much protection.

Masks help prevent viral spread. Fact. Are they perfect? No, but they do help. So yes I will continue to wear a mask when in a crowded setting with many others for more than a few minutes. It is a nuisance, but as an adult person I am able to tolerate the occasional nuisance.

Stan

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Masks help prevent viral spread. Fact. Are they perfect? No, but they do help. So yes I will continue to wear a mask when in a crowded setting with many others for more than a few minutes. It is a nuisance, but as an adult person I am able to tolerate the occasional nuisance.

Stan

K

We still wear our masks in Costco and some other settings, although with less frequency. We live in a less vaccinated part of CA and the people that were required to wear them when not vaxxed most likely ignored that rule so masks have become part of our routine.

We’ll have them with us on our cruise in 2 weeks and see how we feel once on board. elevators, most likely. theatre, possibly.

Edited by lovecruzin
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, TeeRick said:

It just might be worth getting a mild case of COVID and stay for free at the resort for another two weeks!  😀    [I know, a few people here will get all offended at this comment]!

Wonder who you have to bribe to get a false positive 😎

On 4/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

At the University I teach at we still have to mask in all buildings and while giving our lectures. It's a nuisance and a pain in the butt, but it's far better to face a lecture hall filled with 20 year old human petri dishes with some protection!  😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 4/9/2022 at 4:18 AM, DirtyDawg said:

At the University I teach at we still have to mask in all buildings and while giving our lectures. It's a nuisance and a pain in the butt, but it's far better to face a lecture hall filled with 20 year old human petri dishes with some protection!  😉

So you're essentially the only one in the room that is speaking, presumably with vocal authority to reach the entire eoon, but you have to wear a mask? 

What's the justification? Susceptible students?   You're too close for too long? 

45 minutes ago, D C said:

So you're essentially the only one in the room that is speaking, presumably with vocal authority to reach the entire eoon, but you have to wear a mask? 

What's the justification? Susceptible students?   You're too close for too long? 

Common decency?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Currently on Equinox. Captain announced yesterday at 5:30 pm that masks would be required in all areas of the ship since we passed 1% threshold of Covid cases with 33 passengers testing positive.

No surprise we got off Apex Saturday and hubby tested positive for COVID.

20 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Currently on Equinox. Captain announced yesterday at 5:30 pm that masks would be required in all areas of the ship since we passed 1% threshold of Covid cases with 33 passengers testing positive.

I am going to come on the 22nd April. Hope that rule is down by then 😕 .
Are they requiring KN95 / FFP2? Or medical masks do the job?

9 hours ago, D C said:

No justification required. Employers are free to require masking in the Province and they chose to follow the local health guidelines which are stricter than the Province's guidelines.  And with the new 6th wave growing rapidly in the province, it's not a bad policy especially when the University's professors have to interact with those petri-dishes all the time.

I have a couple of summer semester classes starting in May which are full, in-class  courses. I'm thinking about buying one of these …

512px-Ames_Hazmat_suit_03.jpg

NASA, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Keep calm & Hazmat On!

😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nemanoxer said:

I am going to come on the 22nd April. Hope that rule is down by then 😕 .
Are they requiring KN95 / FFP2? Or medical masks do the job?

The ships crew is just passing out regular masks. Though I see a lot of people wearing the KN95 masks. I guess you can say we are all on the new Jenny Craig diet if masks worn 24/7 😳

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

No justification required. Employers are free to require masking in the Province and they chose to follow the local health guidelines which are stricter than the Province's guidelines.  And with the new 6th wave growing rapidly in the province, it's not a bad policy especially when the University's professors have to interact with those petri-dishes all the time.

I have a couple of summer semester classes starting in May which are full, in-class  courses. I'm thinking about buying one of these …

512px-Ames_Hazmat_suit_03.jpg

NASA, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Keep calm & Hazmat On!

😁

This is what European cruise lines would love to do. Not joking.

5 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

The ships crew is just passing out regular masks. Though I see a lot of people wearing the KN95 masks. I guess you can say we are all on the new Jenny Craig diet if masks worn 24/7 😳

So, what are they going to do for the rest of the cruise? Keep the positives isolated in their staterooms all of the time? Keep the masks on for all of the cruise?

I am not aware of Celebrity´s actual protocols about this...

1 hour ago, Nemanoxer said:

So, what are they going to do for the rest of the cruise? Keep the positives isolated in their staterooms all of the time? Keep the masks on for all of the cruise?

I am not aware of Celebrity´s actual protocols about this...

To the first question,  if only you could stay in your own cabin! No, they move you to an isolation cabin where you are stuck for the rest of the cruise.  Not sure where on this ship. Sometimes outside cabins and sometimes balcony, it depends on the ship. And I would certainly assume it will be masking for the rest of the cruise 

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

How did they find the 33 positive passengers?  Are they doing mandatory testing during the cruise of every passenger? Or is found through contact tracing?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

How did they find the 33 positive passengers?  Are they doing mandatory testing during the cruise of every passenger? Or is found through contact tracing?

Yes very good question.