What’s “Rare” mean in some of the names here?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Better hope your not going up against @twangster

I was going to do one on my upcoming Oasis cruise. Then I discovered that @BennyBrun will also be on board. 

Oh well, at least I’m already “rare” 😜

Maybe next years Jewel to Norway…….

mac_tlc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Better hope your not going up against @twangster

Ack, is he on it too?

I was actually surprised I didn't get totally squished by Radio.  He said he's been doing it since 2010 or something like that.  How often you get two live threads from the same cruise.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Ack, is he on it too?

I was actually surprised I didn't get totally squished by Radio.  He said he's been doing it since 2010 or something like that.  How often you get two live threads from the same cruise.

My first 'Live' reviews were 2015 and 2016 on Freedom. Back when all I had was the D+ 48 hour benefit. But I'd use Laura's login to cover another 48. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2141951-96-hours-quotlivequot-freedom-of-the-seas-june-21-2015/?do=findComment&comment=45642649

Didn't get really going until we got free Internet as Pinnacles.  I'm definitely not paying to entertain y'all

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't get really going until we got free Internet as Pinnacles.  I'm definitely not paying to entertain y'all

Entertaining everyone is just a side benefit.  My first solo, I didn't do a live thread, but I had to get the internet package to keep in touch with the wife.  2nd one, I said what the hey and had a blast.  I like staying connected with stuff and watching videos in the evening, so its worth it to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I was going to do one on my upcoming Oasis cruise. Then I discovered that @BennyBrun will also be on board. 

Oh well, at least I’m already “rare” 😜

Maybe next years Jewel to Norway…….

mac_tlc

Many of us would enjoy a little narrative instead of a massive photo dump. :classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My first 'Live' reviews were 2015 and 2016 on Freedom. Back when all I had was the D+ 48 hour benefit. But I'd use Laura's login to cover another 48. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2141951-96-hours-quotlivequot-freedom-of-the-seas-june-21-2015/?do=findComment&comment=45642649

I have done an even dozen. My first was a Panama Canal cruise on Princess. 

Haven’t decided on doing one next month.  May wait till the TA B2B next year. 

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Currently they have to be manually added, and they seem to be awarding it to recent reviews.

The Bird seems to have got the badge after a live post from the Wonder of the Seas. After The Bird started a subsequent live post last week, The Bird got a direct message that The Bird was awarded a badge. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Bird seems to have got the badge after a live post from the Wonder of the Seas. After The Bird started a subsequent live post last week, The Bird got a direct message that The Bird was awarded a badge. 

Seems like it might be computer generated on your avatar by Cruise Critic............Someone should try just putting the word "Live" in the Threads Subject Line and see if a few days later you are "Rare" 🙂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Rare does refer to the badge that is shown on the member's avatar. In this case it is the LIVE FROM badge (the ship) - and less than 10% of members have been awarded this badge 🙂    

@CC Help Jenn,

Just a suggestion, wouldn’t it be more obvious to use a word describing what the award is for, rather than “rare” ?  

For instance, the word “blog” with the ship symbol?  That would lead me to go look for a Live Review from that poster!    Rare does not.

Thanks for continuing to add new things to CC. 

Edited by ocean sounds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I could nominate you 😉

I might have a 274 day thread in the future🤪

Reporting once a week( like a recap of the week) would be fine for me. Wouldn't want to interfere with your voyage. Reporting live is so time consuming. I wouldn't want to be bothered like that. After  awhile what drink I'm  drinking or how much weight I'm gaining each week could get redundant for everyone.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Rare does refer to the badge that is shown on the member's avatar. In this case it is the LIVE FROM badge (the ship) - and less than 10% of members have been awarded this badge 🙂    

"Live From"  I never titled my threads this way.  It was always "Live *ship* *date* or Rogueperson's Live *ship* *date*.  Never used the word from.

I feel seen now!!! 😆

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Seems like it might be computer generated on your avatar by Cruise Critic............Someone should try just putting the word "Live" in the Threads Subject Line and see if a few days later you are "Rare" 🙂

Yea, good luck with that

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

"Live From"  I never titled my threads this way.  It was always "Live *ship* *date* or Rogueperson's Live *ship* *date*.  Never used the word from.

I feel seen now!!! 😆

We do search for new trip reports daily and to be transparent - I search for the term LIVE in titles. Sometimes we may try other keywords -- and if all else fails members can email us or tag us in the thread to let us know they're starting one 🙂 

35 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

@CC Help Jenn,

Just a suggestion, wouldn’t it be more obvious to use a word describing what the award is for, rather than “rare” ?  

For instance, the word “blog” with the ship symbol?  That would lead me to go look for a Live Review from that poster!    Rare does not.

Thanks for continuing to add new things to CC. 

We are using this feature "out of the box" per say.  So far we have only created the one badge, and used default settings that were there from the developers.  We could completely remove the "rare" - or change the parameters.  As this is our maiden voyage with badges, we are testing the waters 🙂   We will see where this ship will take us.

Please don't hate on my puns - I was awake far too early today and it is a sunny Friday here 😛 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Reporting once a week( like a recap of the week) would be fine for me. Wouldn't want to interfere with your voyage. Reporting live is so time consuming. I wouldn't want to be bothered like that. After  awhile what drink I'm  drinking or how much weight I'm gaining each week could get redundant for everyone.

Funny, I thought you liked Live reviews

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We do search for new trip reports daily and to be transparent - I search for the term LIVE in titles. Sometimes we may try other keywords -- and if all else fails members can email us or tag us in the thread to let us know they're starting one 🙂 

There's a Live Cat from my House on the test forum. 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

There's a Live Cat from my House on the test forum. 

Yes there is!  It has made my day 🙂   When we create the LIVE PETS badge you will surely be first in line to receive it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Funny, I thought you liked Live reviews

True for a week or 2 but no way I would be checking in for 274 straight days. Many others might feel the same, but sure there will be some that check in everyday.

You want to do it, sure go for it.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

True for a week or 2 but no way I would be checking in for 274 straight days. Many others might feel the same, but sure there will be some that check in everyday.

You want to do it, sure go for it.

It's not like we're going to the Caribbean for 9 months😉

• Like 1