Semi Live Britannia B210 Blog

Vampiress88

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!""

Vampiress88 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Good evening peeps 

Well I took the plunge and booked a cruise three weeks ago and tomorrow hopefully we will get to go on holiday. It has been so long. 

I did blog last cruise, this time will be semi live as I’m not paying for the internet so will update in ports. 

Going there is me, my hubby and our two girls, Scarlett who is 7 and Georgia who is 6. 

We have an inside cabin for this cruise. I always like to keep track of our costs, this cruise was £1236, parking was £129 and insurance £40. 

We are only bothered really for Gibraltar. The other ports we will see how we go. I’m currently trying to pack tonight and it’s not going well, there are so many dresses so that we can all get dressed up so we might be in black tie all the time at this rate! 

We’ve got €300. Last time we went we didn’t spend any money but we also have a travel credit card to use, prefer that to cash. 

The kids past the PCR test on Wednesday so that’s one less hurdle. 

Just a 3hr40min drive down tomorrow. We are setting off maybe 7 or 8. We have a check in time of 1.45pm. 

I haven’t gotten into the full excitement yet of going. I think I will feel so much better when I am sat there with a cocktail waiting to set sail. Knowing my luck I’ll fail this test 😂

Back to the packing……

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good evening peeps 

Well I took the plunge and booked a cruise three weeks ago and tomorrow hopefully we will get to go on holiday. It has been so long. 

I did blog last cruise, this time will be semi live as I’m not paying for the internet so will update in ports. 

Going there is me, my hubby and our two girls, Scarlett who is 7 and Georgia who is 6. 

We have an inside cabin for this cruise. I always like to keep track of our costs, this cruise was £1236, parking was £129 and insurance £40. 

We are only bothered really for Gibraltar. The other ports we will see how we go. I’m currently trying to pack tonight and it’s not going well, there are so many dresses so that we can all get dressed up so we might be in black tie all the time at this rate! 

We’ve got €300. Last time we went we didn’t spend any money but we also have a travel credit card to use, prefer that to cash. 

The kids past the PCR test on Wednesday so that’s one less hurdle. 

Just a 3hr40min drive down tomorrow. We are setting off maybe 7 or 8. We have a check in time of 1.45pm. 

I haven’t gotten into the full excitement yet of going. I think I will feel so much better when I am sat there with a cocktail waiting to set sail. Knowing my luck I’ll fail this test 😂

Back to the packing……

If you leave at 7.00, how long before your excited girls start ' are we nearly there yet'. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you leave at 7.00, how long before your excited girls start ' are we nearly there yet'. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

I’ll time it for you zap but it has a timer on the sat nav which hopefully will stop then asking 😂 

• Haha 1

Hope you don't mind me asking but the parking. Not booked ours yet, looked the other day and looked like £160 with CPS For Ventura in July for 14 days. Do most people go through CPS? There were a few others when I googled but some were saying 0 found after putting the details on the website. £160 sound about right?

1 minute ago, JDB78 said:

Hope you don't mind me asking but the parking. Not booked ours yet, looked the other day and looked like £160 with CPS For Ventura in July for 14 days. Do most people go through CPS? There were a few others when I googled but some were saying 0 found after putting the details on the website. £160 sound about right?

Yes that’s about right for CPS. 

11 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

yes sounds about right. 
this one is 11 nights for £129 so would expect it to be about £160 for 14. 
been with cps twice. I like them so far which is why we decided to go back to them. 

• Like 1

Vamps - I remember your posts back in the Covid days, and was always impressed by your positive attitude,  especially when things at home were not great.

I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise,  and your girls will have a good time and generate great memories. Renember to take lots of photos,  so you  can embarrass them in 20 years time. 

And good luck to  Mr Vamps as well. Sharing a cabin with three ladies  - he must be a good bloke! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Vamps - I remember your posts back in the Covid days, and was always impressed by your positive attitude,  especially when things at home were not great.

I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise,  and your girls will have a good time and generate great memories. Renember to take lots of photos,  so you  can embarrass them in 20 years time. 

And good luck to  Mr Vamps as well. Sharing a cabin with three ladies  - he must be a good bloke! 

He’s taking headphones 😂 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Hope you enjoy your cruise Vamps, and I look forward to reading your blog. If you get the time please check if the Glass House still has sliders on the menu?

I’m sure I will bore everyone with menu photos. Will look for you 😊

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m sure I will bore everyone with menu photos. Will look for you 😊

Looking forward to reading your blog as and when you can post.

Gorgeous day for starting a cruise.

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

• Like 2