The Daily for Tuesday 04/19/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

So, yesterday I called HAL 3 minutes after their phone lines opened. I spent 45 minutes on hold with HAL only to be told they could not take my call. Calls later in the day went directly to that final message. This morning I called 2 minutes before the phone lines opened. I got the closed message, and hit redial immediately. I was on hold for 3 seconds at most.

Remember having to do that to get tickets for concerts.  The redial button was our friend.   Glad you were able to snag a nice cabin.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Another cloudy morning here, with a high of 50 in the forecast.  @HAL4NOWyikes, more snow?!  

We have a lot of stress among our Dailyite family, but also a lot of humor to help balance it out. Such a wonderful, caring group.

DH  did the Seattle-Portland MS bike ride in 2009 but it's been years now since either of us has gotten on a bike.

I'll pass on the meal, but the drink and wine sound good. I prefer my Chardonnay to have a tiny touch of oak.  Years ago I liked it very "oaky" but my tastes have changed.  If it has no oak at all I'd prefer a NZ Sauvignon Blanc over Chardonnay.

Have never been to the port today, thanks for any and all photos!

I need to find a new project, my counted cross stitch is done and ready for framing.  It took over a year to do, but we had several land trips and cruises during that time.  It's called European Bistro and I would love to be there now!

It started like this

431395157_thebeginning.jpg.e4e0f4b09f077ff15679db3f5accc72c.jpg

And ended like this

952403679_theending.thumb.jpg.22d5d86381b6c58fce4f38cee1572c10.jpg

• Like 37
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon everyone and thanks for the daily report and lists.  Nice collection of days, it’s very important to be aware of stress on your body, humor and bike riding can help to alleviate it sometimes.  I like the quote today.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion and drink.  We went on a great bird watching excursion in Scarborough a number of years ago, I remember seeing a Mot Mot.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  So sorry for the loss of Gracie @StLouisCruisers, I wasn’t expecting that today.  Cheers for everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Another cloudy morning here, with a high of 50 in the forecast.  @HAL4NOWyikes, more snow?!  

We have a lot of stress among our Dailyite family, but also a lot of humor to help balance it out. Such a wonderful, caring group.

DH  did the Seattle-Portland MS bike ride in 2009 but it's been years now since either of us has gotten on a bike.

I'll pass on the meal, but the drink and wine sound good. I prefer my Chardonnay to have a tiny touch of oak.  Years ago I liked it very "oaky" but my tastes have changed.  If it has no oak at all I'd prefer a NZ Sauvignon Blanc over Chardonnay.

I need to find a new project, my counted cross stitch is done and ready for framing.  It took over a year to do, but we had several land trips and cruises during that time.  It's called European Bistro and I would love to be there now!

It started like this

And ended like this

It's beautiful Carolyn!  I have to admit I haven't picked up my last project to work on it since the pandemic started over 2 years ago.  I really need to finish it if I ever want to do another Christmas stocking again.  Anyway, Bravo!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good afternoon everyone and thanks for the daily report and lists.  Nice collection of days, it’s very important to be aware of stress on your body, humor and bike riding can help to alleviate it sometimes.  I like the quote today.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion and drink.  We went on a great bird watching excursion in Scarborough a number of years ago, I remember seeing a Mot Mot.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  So sorry for the loss of Gracie @StLouisCruisers, I wasn’t expecting that today.  Cheers for everyone celebrating happy events today!

Thank you.  No we weren't expecting anything like that either.  Things went downhill fast.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It started like this

And ended like this

Wow!It is beautiful. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

@smitty34877 Thanks the positive rate and symptoms are rising. We now have two more which now is a total of six relatives and their friends who have come down with Covid. I would expect more. Glad we didn’t fly up to visit!

Thank heavens you didn’t go!  Yikes 😱 

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbM4hytpOqtPvebWBkO5wyrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650383754

Beautiful and the words are ever so true ♥️ 

15 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Gorgeous!!! 👍 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbM4hytpOqtPvebWBkO5wyrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650383754

Sweet Gracie!

Sandi, our DD had an extra special pommie.  When that good boy passed, she made a really touching powerpoint photo presentation and we had a little brunch service, planted a tree and watched the photos together.  We all cried and felt a lot better for having done it.

For non dog lovers, that seems over the top, but we who have enjoyed a really special pet know how the loss feels.

Maybe your DD will want to do something like that for her Gracie.

Thoughts are with you.  ❤️

Maxine

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  We’ve had a busy couple of days. On Easter Sunday we went to DM’s for Brunch. It was surprisingly very good and tasty. 

070CC028-100E-484A-8604-C7265E0DE3F2.thumb.jpeg.25c3b49486a9997035fba687dfec9794.jpeg

06827865-319F-46C2-8BFC-7BD92B196F76.thumb.jpeg.418ace3fc806f1f7064704c67fb5818d.jpeg

Had a hard time getting a good picture of us so this one was the best. 

We also had DGD over the weekend but we didn’t take her with us, I didn’t think she would enjoy it and wouldn’t eat anything on the menu. 

Yesterday was the much anticipated day DM got her new hearing aids. I think it’ll take time for her to get used to them. We then went to BJ’s for lunch.  Since I still have to be careful not to bite anything with my front teeth I got a salad 

FBBE0C06-56B7-43F7-9DA8-DC3AB3C16794.thumb.jpeg.eeeb7b1746ae11c804636062cf1ff6ba.jpeg

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — I was shocked when I read the Care list and saw that Gracie had passed. I am so sorry. I’m sure your DD and family are heartbroken. She was so cute and happy looking. BTW, sorry that I accidentally gave you a different name the other day. I only just realized I called you Ann. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor — I am so sorry about the passing of your friend. May memories help to heal. Prayers to you and the family. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri — sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. Get better fast!

Happy belated Birthdays to Martha @sailingdutchy DW and Jim @JAM37 DH. 

Jacqui @kazu — I finally received an email confirmation from World Cruise that my on board credit has been applied. Thank you for your help. 

Welcome to the Daily @leafsnation!

I have been to Trinidad but not sure if it was the same port. Scarborough doesn’t sound familiar. I just looked at a map and Scarborough is at Tobago so that’s why it wasn’t familiar. I would love to see some pictures!

I will pass on the zucchini pizza. Not sure what will be on the menu today. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks all.,  it’s snowing here too!  @aliaschiefDH says shorts as long as it’s above freezing or nearly, lol!  Sorry so many of your family continue to develop Covid.  It does seems never ending, wish people would isolate and mask if they have any symptoms to get this under control.  
@Horizon chaser 1957 great news on your cabin!  enjoy!  

27 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I eat cheese but I often cook for my vegan friends.There are some extraordinary vegan cheeses available.  Here is the best sub for mozzarella, including a picture of the label to see if it is suitable for your Passover dinner.

image.png.b5cef94b3103cb9bd99ab48f46f04f30.png

One of DS’s friends developed the most amazing vegan Cheesecake made from Cashews, it won Vancouver’s best cheesecake that year,  So delicious!

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It started like this

And ended like this

Absolutely stunning, I’m in awe! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I haven't ridden a bicycle in years. I agree the humor that is found here helps relieve stress.

Love the quote. The meal sounds good.

It was 39 here when I got up, it has reached 40 and the high is 58. Thankful the sun is out.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, I'm happy to read your temperature is down. Hoping you can escape your cabin even for just a little while today.

@kazu Jacqui, I'm glad you got to the hospital yesterday and that they have a shield for you. I hope your meetings went well and did not add too much more stress.

@smitty34877 Terry, I hope this is a better week for you all. Enjoy getting a little pampered today.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, sending more prayers for you and DD's family this morning. May each of you feel the comfort and peace of our Heavenly Father's arms during this time of grief.

@grapau27 Graham, thank you for the description of P&O. We are looking at cruising Europe and the Mediterranean next year. We have looked at some cruises ending in South Hampton which started a conversation about trying a P&O cruise while there.

Have a great Tuesday and no matter the weather enjoy the day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Any questions and I will be happy to help Julia.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a very windy day at the beach

I think we are all aware of stress and this thread  is certainly a stress reducer. So grateful we can express our concerns without fear.

Love pizza of any type.  I do ride a regular bike, not those ebike things. They are scary when they come whizzing down the sidewalk.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry to hear about Gracie. She will join the our many pets that have gone before her.

My niece did really well in the Boston Marathon yesterday. She came in at 4 hours, 3 minutes!   She struggled at the bottom of " Heartbreak Hill" but a bunch of her students were there waving signs and yelling for her. Guess she took off like a canon up the hill.  So very proud of her. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Congratulations to your niece in the Boston Marathon yesterday.

Graham.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  We’ve had a busy couple of days. On Easter Sunday we went to DM’s for Brunch. It was surprisingly very good and tasty. 

070CC028-100E-484A-8604-C7265E0DE3F2.thumb.jpeg.25c3b49486a9997035fba687dfec9794.jpeg

06827865-319F-46C2-8BFC-7BD92B196F76.thumb.jpeg.418ace3fc806f1f7064704c67fb5818d.jpeg

Had a hard time getting a good picture of us so this one was the best. 

We also had DGD over the weekend but we didn’t take her with us, I didn’t think she would enjoy it and wouldn’t eat anything on the menu. 

Yesterday was the much anticipated day DM got her new hearing aids. I think it’ll take time for her to get used to them. We then went to BJ’s for lunch.  Since I still have to be careful not to bite anything with my front teeth I got a salad 

FBBE0C06-56B7-43F7-9DA8-DC3AB3C16794.thumb.jpeg.eeeb7b1746ae11c804636062cf1ff6ba.jpeg

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — I was shocked when I read the Care list and saw that Gracie had passed. I am so sorry. I’m sure your DD and family are heartbroken. She was so cute and happy looking. BTW, sorry that I accidentally gave you a different name the other day. I only just realized I called you Ann. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor — I am so sorry about the passing of your friend. May memories help to heal. Prayers to you and the family. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri — sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. Get better fast!

Jacqui @kazu — I finally received an email confirmation from World Cruise that my on board credit has been applied. Thank you for your help. 

I have been to Trinidad but not sure if it was the same port. Scarborough doesn’t sound familiar. I just looked at a map and Scarborough is at Tobago so that’s why it wasn’t familiar. I would love to see some pictures!

Lovely picture Sharon.

Graham

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sweet Gracie!

Sandi, our DD had an extra special pommie.  When that good boy passed, she made a really touching powerpoint photo presentation and we had a little brunch service, planted a tree and watched the photos together.  We all cried and felt a lot better for having done it.

For non dog lovers, that seems over the top, but we who have enjoyed a really special pet know how the loss feels.

Maybe your DD will want to do something like that for her Gracie.

Thoughts are with you.  ❤️

Maxine

Maxine, that sounds like such a nice way to celebrate a pet's life.  I had also been thinking of a memorial stone for the garden with name and dates, etc. on it.

28 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thanks for your remarks.  And don't think anything of the name.  It's hard to keep everyone straight sometimes.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's beautiful Carolyn!  I have to admit I haven't picked up my last project to work on it since the pandemic started over 2 years ago.  I really need to finish it if I ever want to do another Christmas stocking again.  Anyway, Bravo!!

Thank you Sandi!  LOL, the pandemic is what caused me to start up again!  I had taken a semi-break once the grandchildren started coming 8 years ago.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Wow!It is beautiful. 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Gorgeous!!! 👍 

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-along Beautiful!  I admire your patience and time dedicated to create such a wonderful piece.  And now what does it become?  Art on the wall, Pillow?

Thank you!  It will be framed and go on the wall with many others 😉  

51 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Absolutely stunning, I’m in awe! 

Thank you all for your kind comments!  It really was a fun project, I love doing the intricate ones! I admit it took me close to a week of looking over and over just to be sure I didn't miss any of the outline stitching, so easy to miss some on something like this.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It started like this

And ended like this

Just gorgeous, Carolyn. Definitely deserves to be framed. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kazu said:

I was so happy to get the hospital shield on Saturday...

F6B89E1E-A98C-4A88-9FBB-1856203F948B.thumb.jpeg.c00c89dd5b416f07617403351d3dfd61.jpeg

@kazu The moment I saw your face shield picture, I noticed the obviously well-deserved HALO it forms around your head. That may not have been by manufacturer's design but you are clearly an angelic vision in it.

• Like 25

Hello everyone from a still windy SoFlo. The breeze is fairly cool today although when you're in the sun it feels good.

DH restarted his cardiac rehab today, they kept the exercises less intense and he was on constant monitoring so fingers crossed. He does seem a little better after the second procedure so hopefully will continue to improve. @rafinmd I think you can take him off  the care list now,  recovery will be a long term process.

In view of his current medical issues we have decided to cancel the SA cruise from Port Everglades  next January. I was planning to go in 2021,2022 and  now 2023.but it was not to be. I feel hopeful that I will be able to go sometime in the future but I don't feel comfortable proceeding with the plans for a long trip at the moment. 

I'm looking at some short  cruises, fortunately we live near two ports so can take some last minute ones if everything is OK. 

Mary 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

My only visit to Trinidad and Tobago was a doubleheader on the Maasdam in February 2015. February 1 was Port-Of-Spain, Trinidad on February 1 followed by Scarborough, Tobago on February 2.  Trinidad is the larger island but Tobago has the airport and the 2 are linked by a ferry service:

ttferry.jpg

Scarborough is a nice little town"

scarborough.jpg

My tour went to the south end of the island stopping first at a nice looking beach, Store Bay, and then at Fort James, used in the 17th to 19th centuries:

storebay.jpg

james.jpg

Our main stop was an old sugar mill stopping first at the mill itself and then huge vats used in the refining process:

sugarmill.jpg

sugarvats.jpg

Our final stop was Fort King George, occupied by the British 1777-1854. 

ftkinggeo.jpg

geoview.jpg

Finally,from town,  my ride.  It was, sadly, my only voyage on her:

maastobago.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It started like this

And ended like this

Stunning!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1