When will Celebrity get some interesting cruises ?

Ex-Airbalancer

When do you think Celebrity will be getting some interesting cruises ? 
I do not do Caribbean cruises , almost getting tired of TA’s as they have the same ports 

we did enjoy our Suez Canal cruise  a lot, will they be offering that one soon ? 

Would  love see a cruise around Australia or Africa  

Maybe  a TA from Lisbon to Canary Islands to Cape Verda to Florida

Around trip FLL to Canary Islands 

It would be nice to see things change up a bit.

18 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

When do you think Celebrity will be getting some interesting cruises ? 
I do not do Caribbean cruises , almost getting tired of TA’s as they have the same ports 

we did enjoy our Suez Canal cruise  a lot, will they be offering that one soon ? 

Would  love see a cruise around Australia or Africa  

Maybe  a TA from Lisbon to Canary Islands to Cape Verda to Florida

Around trip FLL to Canary Islands 

It would be nice to see things change up a bit.

Unfortunately the options for more exciting cruise itineraries have been limited mostly for pandemic reasons- country travel restrictions, testing requirements, vaccination requirements, etc.  And there has been a limited start up for getting all ships in the fleet going again.  But yes, in the future these things will change and agree about better itineraries.

• Like 3

Edge will be doing the Suez Canal in Fall 2023 as part of its 40-day reposition from Rome to Sydney.

Summit does NJ - Iceland and then back

Eclipse does cruises around South America, and cruises Antarctica.

mac_tlc

14 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Edge will be doing the Suez Canal in Fall 2023 as part of its 40-day reposition from Rome to Sydney.

mac_tlc

Did not see the one about the Edge going that way to Sydney 👍

summit been doing that Ice Land cruise for a while all ready , so that is  not new 

1 minute ago, Airbalancer said:

Did not see the one about the Edge going that way to Sydney 👍

summit been doing that Ice Land cruise for a while all ready , so that is  not new 

Edge :

October 30, 2023 - 14 nights - Rome to Dubai

November 13, 2023 - 12 nights - Dubai to Singapore

November 25, 2023 - 14 nights - Singapore to Sydney. 

20 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

The Edge from Rome to Sydney is 4 legs and a total of 52 nights

The Apex is doing Egypt & Israel from Athens with a overnight in both Egypt and Israel.

Edited by jelayne

Have you been to the Galapagos yet? If not, that is definitely one to consider if you enjoy seeing wildlife up close. Also, definitely recommend seeing it via one of the Land and Cruise packages rather than just cruise only.

But we agree, Celebrity really doesn't offer any unique, one of a kind itineraries like some other cruise lines do.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The Edge from Rome to Sydney is 4 legs and a total of 52.

The Apex is doing Egypt & Israel from Athens with a overnight in both Egypt and Israel.

To get to Sydney its 40 days. The last 12 day cruise is R/T Sydney to New Zealand. Not really a 52 day reposition. 

Edited by mac_tlc

We have done South America, including Cape Horn, Israel, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Oman, Dubai, etc in the past 4  years prior to pandemic. I'd suggest those are all pretty interesting and unique itineraries, unless you are willing to sail a Luxury or Small ship experience.

• Like 1

Infinity is doing new Med itinerary going to Casablanca, Morocco. Also Summit is doing Boston to Iceland. Solstice is doing West Coast Mexico. Celebrity has not done that itinerary in years. Also check out LA to Chile.

Doing an Arctic cross this summer of the Voyager of the Seas a L&S from 2 years ago 😃

I actual like a Virgin Voyage cruise or Azamara cruise for Oct 2023 though the Suez Canal since it stops in Egypt 

Edge going though the Suez is very much like the Conny cruise we took in 2017 

34 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Also agree....and far too many cruises and ships in the Carribean.

That's where the interest and money is for Celebrity.  Also, they are trying to attract a new demographic, along with younger and first time cruisers...anyway, that was what I was told before Covid.  My first three cruises were in the Caribbean and I was much younger.  Now, I prefer European cruises due to so many factors.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

That's where the interest and money is for Celebrity.  Also, they are trying to attract a new demographic, along with younger and first time cruisers...anyway, that was what I was told before Covid.  My first three cruises were in the Caribbean and I was much younger.  Now, I prefer European cruises due to so many factors.

Interesting observation! I had two cruises booked with RCCL that had great itineraries. The Jewel sailed from Copenhagen to 3 Norwegian ports, Le Havre, Bordeaux,La Coruna, another northern Spain port, Lisbon and Tarragona- cancelled due to Covid. The other was on the scrapped Empress out of Montreal that hit Sydney NS, St. Pierre and 2 Newfoundland ports among others.

One of the best itineraries we had on Celebrity was an Adriatic from Venice- Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Ravenna, Bari, Corfu to name a few ports.

We are hoping that the current Summit itineraries to/from Iceland will be offered in 2024!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Makes a lot of sense. That's why we also book Princess and NCL cruises when we want to go to exotic places like Longyearbyen or East Africa, at a fair price, on 3-5+ week cruises. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Doing an Arctic cross this summer of the Voyager of the Seas a L&S from 2 years ago 😃

I actual like a Virgin Voyage cruise or Azamara cruise for Oct 2023 though the Suez Canal since it stops in Egypt 

Edge going though the Suez is very much like the Conny cruise we took in 2017 

How about extended side trips off the itineraries to the Taj Mahal, Katmandu in the Himalayas, Machu Pichu?   You have to make your own arrangements and debark and embark on your own. 

2 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Also agree....and far too many cruises and ships in the Carribean.

I guess they think the Caribbean is where they think they make the money from the US market. Hopefully there will be more options soon.

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Interesting observation! I had two cruises booked with RCCL that had great itineraries. The Jewel sailed from Copenhagen to 3 Norwegian ports, Le Havre, Bordeaux,La Coruna, another northern Spain port, Lisbon and Tarragona- cancelled due to Covid. The other was on the scrapped Empress out of Montreal that hit Sydney NS, St. Pierre and 2 Newfoundland ports among others.

One of the best itineraries we had on Celebrity was an Adriatic from Venice- Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Ravenna, Bari, Corfu to name a few ports.

We are hoping that the current Summit itineraries to/from Iceland will be offered in 2024!

Yes, the Adriatic is so beautiful and the water exceptional.  We are going back next year.  Also, Bilbao was such a great port in Spain, along with Le Harve in France for the beautiful white cliffs in Etretat.  So many beautiful ports all over Europe.  

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

They are nowhere as good as the itineraries (all cancelled by covid) offered on Summit in the past.  14 nights going over to Reykjavik from Boston and 14 nights coming back.  You actually got to spend some time in Reykjavik AND no international flying involved.  LOVED those and was booked on both of them.  Current itinerary is a mere shadow of what they offered previously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

there are 14 cruise showing up on celebrity website over the next 2 years stops in Iceland 

I never said anything about future cruises.  The Summit cruises to Iceland and Greenland I was booked on were all canceled.  The new itineraries do not appeal.  Nothing like what they offered previously.