Celebrity now offers cruise-only rates

HskrCrsr

I received an email announcing Celebrity's new cruise-only rates:

image.png.f643c89d39b4dd31f56bb2f01657a14e.png

Not available online ... so there's apparently no way to know if your cruise will offer these rates? And it won't be easy to compare prices without the phone call.

• Like 1

Call only may be an attempt to avoid the problems of people seeing Always Included on  the web site and then selecting a Guarantee or Sail only rate and getting on board expecting drinks & wifi.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep - pretty sure they're going to make extra sure that you know what you're getting - or NOT getting -  (probably even something there that says "this call may be recorded for quality purposes").

Tom

• Like 1

I just refared two short Feb 2023 B2B Summit cruises.  Have a C1 cabin and don't need bev or wifi.  Saved me ~$300 each cruise.  Gratuities will be $64 and $80 so I come out $450+ ahead.  If I'd been two people, think it would have been double that, but didn't ask.  It's the first time Captain's Club level has worked in my favor.  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Now that “cruise only” fares are now available what will Captains Club members complain about?

The stock market?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Now that “cruise only” fares are now available what will Captains Club members complain about?

Where do you begin…

Edge class, LLP, Kelly Hoppen, decorative accessories, magnetic walls (this is a new one), chairs that aren’t Lazy Boy recliners, lack of loyalty recognition, “the cutbacks”, “the demographics”, IT, prices, boring itineraries, boring webinars, COVID tests, the use of an app, food quality, too much food, not enough food, fake sales…..

The list is literally miles long 🤯

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just refared two short Feb 2023 B2B Summit cruises.  Have a C1 cabin and don't need bev or wifi.  Saved me ~$300 each cruise.  Gratuities will be $64 and $80 so I come out $450+ ahead.  If I'd been two people, think it would have been double that, but didn't ask.  It's the first time Captain's Club level has worked in my favor. 

Edited by thethreeofus
Found answer

1 minute ago, thethreeofus said:

How do I find the “no perk rate” online?

Not available on line.  Have to call in.  Number is visible in the first post

They just need to take the word “always” out, it is silly , just give the 2 different options with prices or only offer one. No need for smoke & mirrors, it confuses a lot of people. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grambler said:

They just need to take the word “always” out, it is silly , just give the 2 different options with prices or only offer one. No need for smoke & mirrors, it confuses a lot of people. 

But "always included" is their clever way of confusing people who hear it as "all-inclusive" which Celebrity is not.

You can't expect them to give up an intentional misrepresentation just because they also created an inadvertent one!

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

If you haven't mentioned the complaint, I'm sure someone will chime in with additions. It never ends. Don't forget the main one. Cutbacks from 10 years ago.

Guess it’s American way of living nothing better than complain.

I got a sail only rate from my travel agent. Made far more sense as neither my husband and I were drinkers - it's a European cruise and we are from the UK so get free Internet on our phones in Port and they were also charging that for my 8 month old baby. We worked out tips in total about £300 and the soft drinks package for me (husband happy with just water and tea with brekkie) was about £90 and the always included was an an extra £1000 so it seemed mad to us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

they are having a special and for new bookings only on some cruises

I don't mind them offering specials, but when they are simultaneously advertising "ALWAYS INCLUDED" (Every Guest, Every Sailing), clearly it's contradictory.   "Almost Always Included" would be truthful. This banner ad for me was on CruiseCritic, just below this thread.  

adbanner.jpg

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

adbanner.jpg

WHAT??? You mean those Drinks, Wi-Fi and tips were not really FREE? 🤯

Someone at Celebrity will be getting a lump of coal from Santa this year!

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2