On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

On 5/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Ah, sorry to hear Mike is feeling so crappy.   Hopefully it passes soon.     At least he has the comforts of being home and you can play room service lady with your leftovers😁

When is your next cruise?     Maybe you want to get a Cert. of Recovery from your doctor incase you still positive for the next cruise??

They might have given me a COR but I’m not sure. I did receive a certificate looking thing that was signed by medical, but I didn’t pay much attention. I just tossed it in the bag. Guess I should read it. 😁

On 5/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, A&L_Ont said:

@ReneeFLL after posting my photo the other day about drinking from boxed wine I did some further reading and research.

The Australians have possibly the greatest invention to solve the problem of getting wine while in quarantine.  It’s called “the goon sack”. It will also help RC with the quarantine pillow situation. Who needs goblets, ceramic cups or paper bowls when you have the Goon Sack.  Now your mouth is the glass. 

This 3 minute documentary says it all.  I literally laughed out loud while watching this. 

Seriously I could’ve been sleeping on my pillow and drinking wine from it at the same time? Wished I would have known that sooner. 🍷

On 5/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, SilkySal said:

Anxiously awaiting to hear if the eagle eye spotting was the RCCL bedazzled clutch on the table or maybe the yellow ducky in your flower pot? Can't stand the suspense!!

Thanks for sharing your Covid journey and hope you're both well with your fur babies!!

The ducky is one I found on the ship and I thought it looked cute in my orchid. It is the purse, but I haven’t finished it yet. I had ordered the rhinestones in AB and clear and wanted to see which I thought would go best with the blue color. The clear ones didn’t come in in time before the cruise and I wanted to work on it so I used the AB ones. I need to buy another purse and make it with the clear ones and decide which one I’ll keep. Here is a better picture.

20220512_180204.thumb.jpg.b3a9ed1ecb618634365cce291700cf3a.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 10

On 5/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, latserrof said:

OP:  Let me just add my voice to all those thanking you for sharing your covid journey. I do appreciate it very much. Please ignore the nay-sayers. I wish you both the best.

Thanks.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, firefly333 said:

I havent had any booze and vouchers going to waste. Of course getting the chocolates was another story. Took more than 1 trip let's put it that way. ..I first got brownies. She said the diamond guy said I wanted strawberries. He said he asked for strawberries for the diamond lounge, nothing to do with me. So I also have a box of brownies. My current steward is making me tiny animals. 

I have to put the chocolates away or I'll eat them. Out of sight. 

20220517_131422.jpg

I didn’t know that was an amenity that we could pick, but I’ll still pick the cheap booze. 🥂🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They might have given me a COR but I’m not sure. I did receive a certificate looking thing that was signed by medical, but I didn’t pay much attention. I just tossed it in the bag. Guess I should read it. 😁

Seriously I could’ve been sleeping on my pillow and drinking wine from it at the same time? Wished I would have known that sooner. 🍷

The ducky is one I found on the ship and I thought it looked cute in my orchid. It is the purse, but I haven’t finished it yet. I had ordered the rhinestones in AB and clear and wanted to see which I thought would go best with the blue color. The clear ones didn’t come in in time before the cruise and I wanted to work on it so I used the AB ones. I need to buy another purse and make it with the clear ones and decide which one I’ll keep. Here is a better picture.

20220512_180204.thumb.jpg.b3a9ed1ecb618634365cce291700cf3a.jpg

You did a great job on the purse.     I am sure everyone that sees you with it will go looking for it in the stores🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

At that time Mike wasn’t going to be able to get off for it so it wasn’t a big deal if I stayed in the inside. On the last day of the third cruise is when I found out Mike was going to be able to come on the next one with me. I tried to upgrade but it was so late I didn’t know if it would work. It didn’t. I didn’t get the email notice that I didn’t get it until the evening of the second day. I’m not sure if I’ll ever book an inside for myself again. I need light coming in. Think I’ll stick with balconies. There was hardly any storage space in the inside cabin. Enough for one but imo not two people. I don’t know how 2 people do it on cruises for more than a couple of days let alone a TA or TP. 

I stayed in an inside cabin once. I don't plan on it ever happening again. For years I did not care about having a balcony. However, though I like being out and around the ship, I really enjoy having my private retreat when I feel like escaping the commotion of the ship for awhile or enjoying a glass of wine before going to bed.

• Like 9

On 5/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, firefly333 said:

I havent had any booze and vouchers going to waste. Of course getting the chocolates was another story. Took more than 1 trip let's put it that way. ..I first got brownies. She said the diamond guy said I wanted strawberries. He said he asked for strawberries for the diamond lounge, nothing to do with me. So I also have a box of brownies. My current steward is making me tiny animals. 

I have to put the chocolates away or I'll eat them. Out of sight. 

20220517_131422.jpg

I love the little towel critters - soooo cute!

50 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It is ingenious really. 😂

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, ReneeFLL said:

For people who remember me mentioning something I was going to work on to help keep me busy there is a hint in one of the pictures. For those eagle eyed @dani negreanu you might see it.

On 5/14/2022 at 9:20 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you bedazzle a royal caribbean clutch?      

On 5/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, SilkySal said:

Anxiously awaiting to hear if the eagle eye spotting was the RCCL bedazzled clutch on the table or maybe the yellow ducky in your flower pot? Can't stand the suspense!!

Well, Renee, mystery finally solved... Ever since you gave me "credit" for being "eagle eyed", I was literally "scratching my head" looking at the orchid picture...."Is it the duck"? It doesn't seem worthy of the "eagle eyed" compliment [sorry yellow duck 😉] ... So what else is there?? The orchid?? Naahhh...

Even Debbie's ( @Sunshine3601) clutch "hint" didn't help me... blaming my English, thinking car clutch / or "stealing" ["bedazzled" aka embezzlement...] a Royal clutch... It really didn't make any sense to me.

A relieved sigh 😘

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@ReneeFLL I think you mentioned that they gave you free wifi while you are in quarantine, but did they also give you free PayPerView/OnDemand movies, by any chance?

What about you, @Ryalie1?

Years ago our friend was patient zero with norovirus or rotavirus and he was isolated for 5 days. RCI gave him free movies to watch while in quarantine. 

I am just thinking ahead in case our family needs to quarantine - do we need to download some movies while we are still at home, or will they be provided for free... Otherwise, some of us may go stir crazy after being used to having wifi/streaming movies available 24/7 at home.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

@ReneeFLL I think you mentioned that they gave you free wifi while you are in quarantine, but did they also give you free PayPerView/OnDemand movies, by any chance?

Years ago our friend was patient zero with norovirus or rotavirus and he was isolated for 5 days. RCI gave him free movies to watch while in quarantine. 

I am just thinking ahead in case our family needs to quarantine - do we need to download some movies while we are still at home, or will they be provided for free... Otherwise, some of us may go stir crazy after being used to having wifi/streaming movies available 24/7 at home.

We had a letter to say we had free movies, however we couldn't find how to access them on the TV so we asked Guest Services and none had been loaded for our cruise. I think I saw someone else on a different ship mention they didn't have them either, so it's not guaranteed. We used that to argue to upgrade to Surf and Stream rather than just the Surf they'd given us. 

Crew TV channels turned up on our TV half way through the cruise so we had the passenger movie channel and crew movie channel - not ideal because you have to get your timing right to start watching but at least it doubled our chances. We did enjoy watching the crew HR channel though - we learnt all about dress codes, how to smile etc 😂 I don't think us having the crew channels was deliberate though so I wouldn't count on that. 

Conclusion - best to have some downloaded as a back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about products we sell on here, so I'll avoid the commercialization.  However, there are ways to sail safer, and it has worked for us to the point where one person had COVID and the other 3 in the same cabin (1 in same bed) never got it.

I do hope that you have a very mild case and get over is soon.  We've got 4 family members that have it THIS week, so I know that it's going around very quidkly again.  However, our family members have very mild (sniffles and 99 degrees) to mild/moderate (1 day in bed and similar symptoms and tired).

I'm glad that they have non shaming protocols for you.

1 minute ago, Spike89 said:

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about products we sell on here, so I'll avoid the commercialization.  However, there are ways to sail safer, and it has worked for us to the point where one person had COVID and the other 3 in the same cabin (1 in same bed) never got it.

I do hope that you have a very mild case and get over is soon.  We've got 4 family members that have it THIS week, so I know that it's going around very quidkly again.  However, our family members have very mild (sniffles and 99 degrees) to mild/moderate (1 day in bed and similar symptoms and tired).

I'm glad that they have non shaming protocols for you.

That is the nature of the current variant for almost everyone.  It's a totally different virus than it was 2 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

That is the nature of the current variant for almost everyone.  It's a totally different virus than it was 2 years ago.

Yeah, and now there's the MonkeyPox that we have to watch out for (er, well, 1 case in CT so far).

4 minutes ago, Spike89 said:

Yeah, and now there's the MonkeyPox that we have to watch out for (er, well, 1 case in CT so far).

Monkeypox has been around for decades.  It's not new.  It's also usually a very mild disease.  Plus, all of us who have been vaccinated against smallpox are protected.  

Let's have the media stir up the masses over something that is well known and pretty rare.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

3 hours ago, Ryalie1 said:

We had a letter to say we had free movies, however we couldn't find how to access them on the TV so we asked Guest Services and none had been loaded for our cruise. I think I saw someone else on a different ship mention they didn't have them either, so it's not guaranteed. We used that to argue to upgrade to Surf and Stream rather than just the Surf they'd given us…

I also encountered this problem. GS had IT reboot my tv remotely so they would show up. They didn’t so I didn’t bother as I had other things to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Tree_skier said:

From all of us to you. 😉 

http://bmacards.com/Mi8eZ5

I’m 10 days behind and trying to catch up, but I want to thank  you for posting this link. 
my daughter caught COVID while at my granddaughter’s law school graduation in Chicago. Her husband is positive, too, but feels ok. Lisa is feeling rotten. She can’t take Paxlovid because it interferes with her Lupus meds. 
Thanks to your link, I got the Blue Mountain app and hopefully brightened her day a little. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

Reneé, thank you so much for sharing your quarantine with us. 
Your sunny outlook proved that it’s survivable!

I’m glad you finally got food you would actually enjoy, and I hope maybe that improved life for the next inmates!

Even though Royal is in no way responsible for pax getting COVID, it sure helps if they make quarantine as pleasant as possible. 
We’re sailing August 20 on Allure, and I hope we stay healthy. If we don’t, at least now I know what to expect!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

Covid can be treated like common cold when it's risk/recovery/treatments are similar to common cold,, agree?

A lot of us agree, and the ‘when’ is ‘now’….it’s not 2020. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

There has not been any terrorist attack on US domestic flight in 20+ years, we are still required to take our shoes off and go through "enhanced" security.

"personal freedom" crowd have no problem with it 

I guess you don’t hang out much with the “personal freedom” crowd

• Like 2

Did no one read the covid discussion rules or do you just not care?

Effective immediately, COVID-related discussion should be limited to actual policy on board ships (and other forms of travel) and its practical application.  Discussion should NOT veer into opinion or debate.

13 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

But facts get in to the way of that wishful thinking.

Covid is NOT common cold.

Common cold is not killing an American every few minutes.

Common cold is not leaving you with permanent issues like "long covid".

Separating crowds with opposing views into different cruises might make everyone happy.

Seems like you are a couple of years behind on this covid thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2