Most Effective Way to Report Cruise Deficiencies (Vision)?

53 minutes ago, pcur said:

Thanks!  

I am just not fussy when it comes to cruising.  I can tolerate a lot, and don't get upset if there's some rust, or a torn chair somewhere, etc.  I just did not see these things on the Vision for that 3 weeks.  

Yea, I never understood the concern with surface rust. It's a given

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Cruises been on the Paint and Railings PreCv was Annual Maintenance done after Ships Returned to US warm weather in Fall. One week they'd take off Dozen's Railings, if you are in one those Cabins that Cruise you have no Railings. Next week they were put back on after being sanded and Varnish moving on to next bank of Cabins. Same with Painting turn around day they's do Dozen Balconies then while ship is at Port Stops they'd start touching up everywhere else. What I observed on B4B's and longer it takes about 6-8 weeks get everything done. Interesting this happened even on 2 Ships that had just left Dry Dock, this work was done later after returning to reg Cruises. Covid unique situation seeing Vision Parked w/o most Crew for many Season's. Maybe they should have had Crews return early and work on Ship for 4-6 weeks before returning her to regular Cruises. Have feeling Corp discussions were made whether to keep her or Transfer her to another Line. Not saying you are wrong to complain, you should. Me, long as have at least Good Food I'm ok with Rust and the way they do Maintenance as I described in Pre-CV times. Think Ship is on borrowed time. Will be a sad day for me and other's when Vision and Radiance size Ship's are gone...

Will you switch lines or will move up to Voyager class ships.

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Will you switch lines or will move up to Voyager class ships.

Did Voyager in 1999 and Explorer 2000/2001, might do these again but by time Radiance Class leaves Voyager is even older and likely soon to leave. Then hard to say I'll go to other Cruise Lines as they can't Match or Beat prices get from Royal with SOLO & Military Discounts 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I was also on the 12 night Med. cruise and the food was horrible.  My previous 5 cruises were on Oasis class ships and I knew Vision wouldn’t stand up to them but always found the small ship food to be much better.  Even Chops was bad.  I enjoy small ships (I’ve got several booked on Radiance over the next year) but hope the food is better.    I thought the ship was in great shape for her age and can deal with some rust.  

7 hours ago, rudeney said:

The problem we have now with everything - not just cruise ships - is that "because...COVID" and "because...supply chain" we have a notable degradation in all services.

I have serious reservations about businesses being loosey goosey with the Covid excuse. 

Last week DW and I travelled to a graduation party.  The hotel we stayed at Had severa signs about services in the hotel, cleaning and even very shortened hours in restaurant ......all caused by Covid.

But the one which took the cake was, a memo in the room with a plastic garbage bag, asking to please empty your trash cans into the bag and place outside, so they didn’t have to enter the room to empty trash.

Not all, but I believe some businesses are milking the Covid excuse.

Eddie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I have serious reservations about businesses being loosey goosey with the Covid excuse. 

Last week DW and I travelled to a graduation party.  The hotel we stayed at Had severa signs about services in the hotel, cleaning and even very shortened hours in restaurant ......all caused by Covid.

But the one which took the cake was, a memo in the room with a plastic garbage bag, asking to please empty your trash cans into the bag and place outside, so they didn’t have to enter the room to empty trash.

Not all, but I believe some businesses are milking the Covid excuse.

Eddie

Many many businesses are having legitimate staffing problems.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Yes, they are.  Every restaurant around here has help wanted signs and many leave sections closed due to a lack of servers.  I have no problem with that - they have limited the supply to what they can handle.  I have a problem when a company knows it can't offer adequate service when at full capacity, yet continues to sell seats, rooms, cabins, etc. up to that full capacity.  In the long run, if consumers continue to pay for that, companies will believe that they are offering adequate service and that will be all we get.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I don’t disagree, but others are also not updating their compensation packages to entice new hires, and then MILK the Covid cow.

DW and I frequent some local restaurants.  One has staff like Covid never happened.  Why?  They updated compensation, and the word was out.  The place is bumpin’........that is it’s so crowded, even on weeknights.

Some hotels don’t want to hire the same level cleaning and maint staff as pre Covid.  By not offering daily room cleaning they cut many of those jobs, and I wonder how long they plan to continue.  

It’s helping their bottom line.   Now they are also calling out ....inflation, so they need to increase prices without hiring the same levels of staff back.

i guess you could say RCL is also under staffed, but in seems to me they need significant lead time to more fully staff.  Plus I think they are trying to max passengers just a bit faster than the replenishment of workers can be done.   But it won’t be long for them, another 6 months or so.

Edited by Eddie Wilson

5 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

I did not as I didn't think there was anything they could do about it honestly. For example, our balcony was rusted, railing needed varnishing, chairs and table were in disrepair and windows sorely in need of washing. I doubt the ship's staff could fix all those issues. This seems to be more of an executive decision not to sink any $$ into older ships and focus on newer onesIMO I had sailed on Jewel in Feb. and, although also dated, it was in much better condition. Next 2 Royal sailings are on Quantum & Harmony so hopefully the issues of delayed maintenance will not be evident. 

Completely understood...thank you.

4 hours ago, Cigar King said:

…spend a little time doing your homework rather than belly aching.

I haven’t heard the phrase “belly aching” since I was a little kid and that was over 55 years ago.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I haven’t heard the phrase “belly aching” since I was a little kid and that was over 55 years ago.

It’s a nice way to say something else….bless her heart 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, librarylady19 said:

We recently returned from 8 night Vision OTS Med.  cruise and were very disappointed in the cruise experience. We did fill out the online survey, but would like to direct some specific comments regarding the ship’s condition, food and entertainment (or lack thereof) to someone who might actually care and/or do something about it. 
Service was excellent on the ship, but it couldn’t make up for the appalling deterioration of the ship and furnishings, the mediocre food and the lack of variety in entertainment. 
This was by no means a “cheap” cruise so I expected much more for our money. 

I have contacted the CEO’s office in the past regarding a delayed refund but didn’t know if this was the most expedient route. 

The cruise line does not care about feedback. 

If you emailed the "CEO", that email is routed to an off shore call center where sub-minimum wage call center personnel respond with canned responses approved for release. Of course, signing the CEO's name. The executive officers get thousands of emails a day and would never spend a second to read any of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, staffing.
The hotel I was staying in, while on my holiday… had no night clerk(no arrivals allowed after 8pm), two cleaning staff and 49 rooms. 

We're just off the Quantum of the Seas and went to drop off customs forms before breakfast only to find that Guest Services was not staffed at night or early morning. 

11 hours ago, pcur said:

Now, you ask CoralC about her cruise where they had overflowed toilet water in their cabin, and soggy carpets for days.....................THAT'S TO COMPLAIN and get a partial refund!!

Oh yeah. That was the sewage water Vision cruise. Twice. The sewer water came up and flooded the bathroom. It was several inches deep and sloshed over the ledge and into the carpet in front of the bathroom. There were fans and cleanup going for two and a half days. It was kind of nasty. They cleaned it all up, and then it happened again. 

It could have been worse. The JS next to ours was accessible, and didn't have the bathroom ledge, and their carpet was much nastier and soaked than ours. We did not walk barefoot. And now we wear socks most of the time. 

We did receive a small future cruise credit. (15%=-$412) plus $100 OBC. :classic_smile: It was still a fun cruise, even though I couldn't shower for a couple of days, (while they worked on the plumbing) with the fans going and the door open. 

Edited by Coralc

17 hours ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

I did the following 12 night cruise - sailed on the Vision many times and had no problem with the ship and the staff were excellent, although obviously the numbers were depleted.

The food, however, was another matter - it was the worst I can remember in any main dining room.  I put this on the post-cruise survey but had already taken this up with the staff on board

Agreed! Worst food ever! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Cruises been on the Paint and Railings PreCv was Annual Maintenance done after Ships Returned to US warm weather in Fall. One week they'd take off Dozen's Railings, if you are in one those Cabins that Cruise you have no Railings. Next week they were put back on after being sanded and Varnish moving on to next bank of Cabins. Same with Painting turn around day they's do Dozen Balconies then while ship is at Port Stops they'd start touching up everywhere else. What I observed on B4B's and longer it takes about 6-8 weeks get everything done. Interesting this happened even on 2 Ships that had just left Dry Dock, this work was done later after returning to reg Cruises. Covid unique situation seeing Vision Parked w/o most Crew for many Season's. Maybe they should have had Crews return early and work on Ship for 4-6 weeks before returning her to regular Cruises. Have feeling Corp discussions were made whether to keep her or Transfer her to another Line. Not saying you are wrong to complain, you should. Me, long as have at least Good Food I'm ok with Rust and the way they do Maintenance as I described in Pre-CV times. Think Ship is on borrowed time. Will be a sad day for me and other's when Vision and Radiance size Ship's are gone...

I'm on Vision now and they are painting the hull at ports. They are also sanding and varnishing railings. It's 32 degrees C today but good to know it will done properly when it reaches Us. 

• Like 1

Just now, bigeck said:

I'm on Vision now and they are painting the hull at ports. They are also sanding and varnishing railings. It's 32 degrees C today but good to know it will done properly when it reaches Us. 

Good to know, thank you

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, I never understood the concern with surface rust. It's a given

Correct.  One review I read had a picture of the side of the ship with rust.  It was unpleasant looking, but all I could think is "they haven't had a chance to get out there and take care of it".  Then, "maybe another supply shortage thing".