Concierge Rules

1 minute ago, trojan3000 said:

What ships are allowing D+ Crown and Anchor members back in to the Concierge and what ships are using the old excuse that there are to many D+`s onboard.

Enchantment. Most other ships no longer have a Concierge lounge. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I believe that only the Concierge's significant other is allowed in the Concierge.

Now, the Concierge LOUNGE is another matter altogether............

I must be tired... I read it like 4 or 5 times before it clicked!! 

• Haha 8

Just now, vino123 said:

Says CL lounge access for D + was reinstated from March 15th 

As a general policy, sure, but individual ships impose their own stricter rules. Reports suggest that the CL allowing D+ depends on how many D+ are on that particular sailing - so you may not know if you are allowed until on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As a general policy, sure, but individual ships impose their own stricter rules. Reports suggest that the CL allowing D+ depends on how many D+ are on that particular sailing - so you may not know if you are allowed until on board.

Very true. I was on the Anthem b2b in March after the 15th and no D+ were allowed in the Concierge Lounge. I over heard a very heated argument between the Concierge and a D+ member that was not happy about it. The Concierge said it was up to the hotel director. 

Edited by RosieRoo

1 hour ago, vino123 said:

Hi We will be on the Jewel of the seas shortly. The deckplan shows a concierge lounge. As Diamond Plus will be we allowed in or is it still suites and pinnacles only?

The last time we were on Jewel (pre shutdown), the Concierge lounge was limited to suites and Pins, and the suite/pin area overflowed into the VCL as well.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

D+ was allowed in the Concierge Lounge last week on Serenade.  Granted the D+ couple we met in the lounge hit Pinnacle that week so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

We were on Serenade 15 May sailing and told there were too many D+ to open it up to D+, but we never saw more than a handful of people in there at any time we were up in the area.   What a waste.

13 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We were on Serenade 15 May sailing and told there were too many D+ to open it up to D+, but we never saw more than a handful of people in there at any time we were up in the area.   What a waste.

But from the concierge's perspective, it may have been a nightmare if they let the D+ in knowing their are too many. We've been D+ for a while and unlike some, if a lounge is full we just move on. Others will complain until blue in the face that they can't take advantage their benefits.

I wouldn’t think the D+ crowds would be that big in the CL due to not being served unlimited drinks at Happy Hour like suite guests. 

It’s basically no different than the DL in that regard. No real attraction for me. 

• Like 2

Was recently on Jewel for 21 days. The Concierge Lounge on deck 13 near the Vortex Club operated more like a Suites Lounge. Pinnacles were granted access if there were 30 or less onboard (or if staying in a full suite). Otherwise an area was set up for Pinnacles on deck 12 in the evening where the Loyalty Ambassador is located. 

The Diamond Lounge, also on deck 13, is directly across from the elevators and is very small. Access to both lounges required the room key to open the doors.

Edited by long4acruise

4 hours ago, vino123 said:

Hi We will be on the Jewel of the seas shortly. The deckplan shows a concierge lounge. As Diamond Plus will be we allowed in or is it still suites and pinnacles only?

IMO, the DL is a lot nicer location than the CL. Check it out and judge for yourself if D+ are still allowed in the CL on the Jewel.  

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Very true. I was on the Anthem b2b in March after the 15th and no D+ were allowed in the Concierge Lounge. I over heard a very heated argument between the Concierge and a D+ member that was not happy about it. The Concierge said it was up to the hotel director. 

I was on the May Anthem TA.  "Too many D+ to allow access to CL".  Met a Pinn couple in the DL, they said the CL was empty, so they came to DL.  I think there were 199 D+ and 50 Pinn on the sailing, so if they did open it to D+ it could become crowded.  So it's basically a catch-22.

Visited the CL every night on Enchantment in March (D+ were allowed); there were usually several empty seats, especially after 5:30.

13 hours ago, trojan3000 said:

What ships are allowing D+ Crown and Anchor members back in to the Concierge and what ships are using the old excuse that there are to many D+`s onboard.

I don't have the answer, and since there seems to be variations on ships, I don't know how you will get a dependable answer until you board. The number of D+ may make the determination for access.   

The good news is that you will have access to a Diamond Lounge. 

M

On 6/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, RosieRoo said:

Some ships have banned Pinnies if there are too many on board.  

We really don't frequent the CL, DL...or the SL much any longer.  Especially the DL...way too crowded.

We started eating dinner earlier, so the lounge snacks don't appeal to us anyway.  

Love...love the voucher program.  Fun to check out different bars around the ship.  A favorite on Voyager class being the circle bar in the VCL.  Another fun one on Oasis class is the rising tide bar.  And even if you don't eat in Wonderland, you can have cocktails at the bar.  Solarium bar on Harmony is pretty cool too.  

Get out there....the ship world of bars are worth a visit!  😉 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, vino123 said:

We were on the Jewel in April and did not have access to the Concierge Lounge.