Pack water bottle?

elegeorgia

It's up to you. We actually do both. DH gets a bottle of water. I fill my bottle with ice and lemonade or iced tea. You could do water. The nice thing about my insulated bottle is that it still has ice in it several hours later. Just comply with the hygiene rules and use one of their glasses to fill the bottle.

• Like 4

We like to bring our insulated coffee mugs to Cafe Al Bacio in the morning. Handles make it easier bring hot coffee back to our balcony. You can also put a small pastry on top. My husband can carry two mugs and 2 pastries and still have a hand free to push the elevator buttons.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, elegeorgia said:

Maybe a silly question… should we pack water bottles for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise or just get a bottled water to take off ship each day? Can we refill if we do take them??

You can buy a couple of individual Brita water filter bottles on Amazon to take with you.  Then refill on the ship.

• Like 1

Unless you are going to fill the water bottles in towns, I’d not worry about a ‘filter bottle’, ships water is better than most any including bottled. 

we take smallish water bottles. Turns out the large ones are the heaviest and bulkiest of carry items. 

den

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Unless you are going to fill the water bottles in towns, I’d not worry about a ‘filter bottle’, ships water is better than most any including bottled. 

we take smallish water bottles. Turns out the large ones are the heaviest and bulkiest of carry items. 

den

Yes cruise ship water for drinking (or whatever) is pretty highly purified by Reverse Osmosis or Evaporation/Distillation.  Better than home!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, denby said:

We like to bring our insulated coffee mugs to Cafe Al Bacio in the morning. Handles make it easier bring hot coffee back to our balcony. You can also put a small pastry on top. My husband can carry two mugs and 2 pastries and still have a hand free to push the elevator buttons.

At Al Bacio, ask for a box carrier. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

At Al Bacio, ask for a box carrier. 

All the times I have juggled coffee and pastries back to the room, I have never seen a box carrier! I will definitely look and ask next cruise!

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 11:38 AM, Denny01 said:

den

On the OP's Mediterranean cruise, I wouldn't worry about the water quality from public fountains.

• Like 1

We recently returned from a Med cruise. Having the ice cold water in my water bottle while walking extensively in the heat was wonderful. The cold water bottles you can buy become warm very quickly in the heat but I usually still had ice in my insulated water bottle at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, elegeorgia said:

Maybe a silly question… should we pack water bottles for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise or just get a bottled water to take off ship each day? Can we refill if we do take them??

Pack the water bottle.  We used ours in Europe, Mediterranean, Alaska, and Caribbean.  Refill using ovc water and ice.

We bring insulated light weight water bottles on cruises and fill them with bottled water from our cabin. Also we refill on shore with locally bought bottled water, the ones we have will keep water cold for 12 hours.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:53 AM, cruisestitch said:

And if you’re not into single-use items there are always these reusable you can bring with you

88FAB3C1-5AD9-4D8C-8722-DF675221DD84.png

This is great as long as they have the " To go " cups, like in the picture, which they didn't last trip in Sept on Equinox. Normally they do. I was thinking cutbacks.  I'm an early morning juggler at the solarium cafe. 2 cups of tea or my darling doesn't function well.  2 glass coffee mugs without lids, opening the heavy door, and elevator buttons, has been quite a challenge over the years.  Thanks for the info

Not only do I bring my water and morning coffee "contigo" bottles, I label them with my current cabin number, and even ship name and date.  I have lost them a few times on ship and off, and somehow they get back to me..............So, I feel a bit like an elementary school child, but if works for me.

• Like 2

we bring small clip on  insulated water btls, 2 tervis for lemonade etc,  and a small brita filter pitcher for the stateroom..we try not to drink ship's water and can never be sure what water is on the Classic bev package..some of it is awful tasting 

On 6/18/2022 at 11:38 AM, Denny01 said:

den

The ships water is great.   It is a lot better than the tap water in FL, and a lot of other states.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1