The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 19th, 2022

richwmn

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is......................and National Kissing Day....................

7 Best Miss You / Kiss You Love Quotes - WhatsApp Text | Jokes | SMS |  Hindi | Indian | Textos coquetos, Bésame, Frases de besos

Kissing Jokes | Kappit

I don't always want to kiss you but when I do it is because I love you -  The Most Interesting Man In The World - quickmeme

c79edc36967ada11e4e63505955f74ff.jpg

I don’t even know her.”

Jokes Meme Kiss College' Poster by ShirTom | Displate

And a personal one from my youth 😉 

John 1960 #6.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 27

9 hours ago, summer slope said:

Fuzzy Melon Ball Cocktail:

1/2 oz of Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz of peach schnapps
5 oz of Orange Juice

Pour the Midori melon liqueur and peach schnapps into a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Fill with orange juice, stir and serve.

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 7.40.14 AM.png

I’ve screenshot this recipe. Looks yummy! 😋

Yesterday I decorated my dad’s grave (mom no longer lives nearby). I wasn’t planning of doing anything for DH as he was camping, but he came home early. The wind had picked up (and was forecast for the next few days) so it was no longer good for fishing and biking. So off to the grocery store after church to pick up some steaks for dinner tonight. 

Prayers 🙏 to all on the Care list, and high-fives to those on the Celebrations and Shoutouts list. 👏

And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the Dailyite fathers and all men of influence. 🥰😘

• Like 22

Good evening.  We had a wonderful time visiting with the DDs and their guys.  As a surprise, younger DD cooked lunch for us.  She and her SO are vegetarians; so she made black bean enchiladas, rice, and a salad.  For dessert, she made brownies to go with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries.  We had a good, long visit before facing the traffic on I-35 leaving Austin.  Fortunately, we were able to get off the Interstate and take the back roads most of the way.

In honor of Father's day, here is one of my favorite pictures of my father and me that DH took and printed.  Before the picture got really bad I copied it and restored it.  It was taken in 1974 or 1975, on one of his visits to see us when we lived in Delaware.  The day this picture was taken, we did a day trip to Annapolis.  We had an impromptu picnic of some type of fish sandwich while sitting on the curb at the marina.

img370.thumb.jpg.9983a275fb462f41e1d450fa2a33261a.jpg

This next picture I posted on Mother's Day of my grandmother and grandfather.  Today it is honoring my grandfather.

img437.thumb.jpg.832dfdc10b5240a3f34c8c98bfc627a7.jpg

I miss both of them.

Lenda

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  We had a wonderful time visiting with the DDs and their guys.  As a surprise, younger DD cooked lunch for us.  She and her SO are vegetarians; so she made black bean enchiladas, rice, and a salad.  For dessert, she made brownies to go with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries.  We had a good, long visit before facing the traffic on I-35 leaving Austin.  Fortunately, we were able to get off the Interstate and take the back roads most of the way.

In honor of Father's day, here is one of my favorite pictures of my father and me that DH took and printed.  Before the picture got really bad I copied it and restored it.  It was taken in 1974 or 1975, on one of his visits to see us when we lived in Delaware.  The day this picture was taken, we did a day trip to Annapolis.  We had an impromptu picnic of some type of fish sandwich while sitting on the curb at the marina.

This next picture I posted on Mother's Day of my grandmother and grandfather.  Today it is honoring my grandfather.

I miss both of them.

Lenda

Great pictures, Lenda!

You actually had your Annapolis picnic at the City Dock area. Just down the street from the Capital building and a stone’s throw from the Naval Academy. I used to live about a mile away. Loved Annapolis, until the traffic mess became so overwhelming. Brings back great memories. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Great pictures, Lenda!

You actually had your Annapolis picnic at the City Dock area. Just down the street from the Capital building and a stone’s throw from the Naval Academy. I used to live about a mile away. Loved Annapolis, until the traffic mess became so overwhelming. Brings back great memories. 

Thanks.  And thanks for clarifying where we had the picnic.  After all this time, I can remember the town because it was a very special day.  We also toured the Naval Academy, and I'm sure we saw the Capitol building.

Lenda

• Like 10

I almost missed today’s postings with the title change! But I knew it had to be there. It’s a triple play at our house today with the addition of DH’s birthday. Unfortunately with my limited mobility his celebration dinner is Costco lasagna. I did put it in the oven all by myself 🥰. Canned peaches and green salad will finish the meal. I will owe him a lemon meringue pie. Take care everyone and have a good week.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks.  And thanks for clarifying where we had the picnic.  After all this time, I can remember the town because it was a very special day.  We also toured the Naval Academy, and I'm sure we saw the Capitol building.

Lenda

And thank you for spelling Capitol correctly!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I have finally read the rest of the Daily between my first and second post.  I have enjoyed all the pictures of everyone's fathers and grandfathers. 

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending positive thoughts for two NEGATIVE tests.  I'm sorry Buddy's cancer is in his bones and seems so agressive..  I hope they can keep the pump programed  correctly so he can be as comfortable as possible.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'll celebrate your RAIN 🌧 with you.  Fingers crossed 🤞  the shelter roof remains leak free.

@Vict0riann  That is good news you are feeling better.

@Cruising-along  If we could mix your low highs with our very high highs, maybe we'd both have comfortable temperatures.  Hope you feel better soon.

@MISTER 67  I hope your DS and DBIL are better soon, and that their cases of Covid are mild.

@HAL Sailer  I'm sorry your DH's nephew, Curt, needs more surgery.  Sending very positive thoughts that he makes a complete recovery.

@Horizon chaser 1957  That was so nice of your DD to send such a heartfelt and thoughtful email to your DH.

@TiogaCruiser  The device to track water usage sound intriguing.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@JazzyV, @Quartzsite Cruiser

The data collection device is a Flume (https://flumewater.com).  The cost is around $200. You have to have a compliant water meter. The device goes on the pipe at the meter, and it broadcasts to a station you put nearby in the garage or house. Data goes to their server for analysis and posting to your private account.

We have about a weeks worth of data. There is no breakdown by appliance yet. We do have (probable) totals for toilet flushes.😩  I suspect some of my military showers are getting mixed in with sink use or flushes. (I would suspect flushes to be pretty similar in their water use signature, so not surprised that is getting sorted out first.).   One really handy piece of information is the data stream give you gallons per minute, so DH grabbed our stats for each sprinkler station, and we’re going to use that to plan watering schedules.  ( That’s how he discovered the leak: netafim ( a drip line product) should NOT be consuming 16 gallons a minute.)

https://flumewater.com/whats-using-water-in-your-home/

We have no affiliation or other interest in the company. I’m purely reporting.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

img437.thumb.jpg.832dfdc10b5240a3f34c8c98bfc627a7.jpg

I miss both of them.

Lenda

Lovely photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I almost missed today’s postings with the title change! But I knew it had to be there. It’s a triple play at our house today with the addition of DH’s birthday. Unfortunately with my limited mobility his celebration dinner is Costco lasagna. I did put it in the oven all by myself 🥰. Canned peaches and green salad will finish the meal. I will owe him a lemon meringue pie. Take care everyone and have a good week.

Sending Happy birthday wishes to your husband Susie.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

• Like 3

Monday morning here at sea heading to Alta, Norway on Island Princess. The nurse showed up bright and early for today’s Covid test and an hour or so later the Doctor called. Still positive!  I had a feeling today was not my lucky day. Tomorrow they will test us both and DH better not be freed, leaving me here alone again. I’ll go bananas!  🍌 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Monday morning here at sea heading to Alta, Norway on Island Princess. The nurse showed up bright and early for today’s Covid test and an hour or so later the Doctor called. Still positive!  I had a feeling today was not my lucky day. Tomorrow they will test us both and DH better not be freed, leaving me here alone again. I’ll go bananas!  🍌 

Oh Sandi.

I'm so disappointed for you.

🙏🤞 hopefully tomorrow brings good news for you both.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

🤬 Good luck tomorrow 🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So sorry to hear this.  Is it one day at a time from now on?

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Just got word that DH's nephew has been taken back into surgery for doctors to put in a plate to secure his ribs. He also has had a chest tube inserted for the lung injury. And, he will be back in ICU for some period after this surgery.

So sorry to hear this Melissa.  My continued prayers for your DH’s nephew 🙏🏻. He’s in for a long haul, I fear 😔 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh NO!  So sorry to hear this, Sandi 😞. I hope today’s test clears you both from covid jail 🙏🏻 

21 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Extensive tumors in the spine. Worked from T4 to T-10 placing 16 screws, I don’t know how many rods and placed donor femur bone between some vertebrae. They hope he can go to a rehab place by Monday. Either his wife Amy or one of her two sisters stays there with him at night. He has terrible panic attacks. One sister is an RN at the University of Missouri and the other an X-ray technician at a nearby hospital. Night before last the RN sister noticed the pain pump wasn’t working properly. Buddy actually said something to her, she checked and it had been set wrong so he wasn’t getting his pain killers. She notified the nurses and they admitted someone had done it incorrectly. Once the pain level gets too high they have a terrible time controlling it. Buddy is lucky to have so many willing to help. I hope this surgery will extend his life but also that he will be in less pain eventually.  

So sorry to hear this 😔 My continued prayers for Buddy 🙏🏻 So glad his sisters have medical expertise and could catch the problem and help Buddy 👍 

8 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It’s a triple play at our house today with the addition of DH’s birthday.

I’m a bit late - sorry.  A belated very happy birthday to Loren 🙂 

B78799BC-9F77-4FC9-9307-0E2A73492CA6.thumb.jpeg.22abb7e75b262ad281b96719bc9c206e.jpeg

Don’t worry about your current limited mobility.  I’m sure your DH enjoyed every bite and enjoyed himself 👍 

@richwmn love the new thread  title.  The old and the new combined 🙂 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

So sorry to hear this.  Is it one day at a time from now on?

Roy

Yes. Bright and early Tuesday we will both be tested standing at our door. Quick and easy. The hard part is getting the results you want!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Bummer! Hoping tomorrow brings better news. 🤞🙏

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so sorry to hear you are still positive.  Please try to keep the faith.  Extra special prayers that tomorrow will be better.

Terri

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I'm sorry your test results were not what you wanted to hear.  Good luck to both of you tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 2