Shorts in dining room

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Either answer the question or move on. 

Appreciate your opinion. ( I still have no intention of running my opinions by ya before posting).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

The ship is typically cool at night- the AC is blasting- so a jacket, sweater and sweat shirt are a must.  

Most important is clean clothes- we had the unfortunate experience of being in near some people who stink on a cruise.  They think because the clothes "look" clean, they can wear for days-  Please bathe and change your clothes!  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Surprised it's made it this long.  Nice to have these discussions back tho.

Me too I thought I had made a comment about how in Florida people wear shorts to dinner at all kinds of venues but I think it disappeared, don't know why

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Me too I thought I had made a comment about how in Florida people wear shorts to dinner at all kinds of venues but I think it disappeared, don't know why

I had made similar posts regarding normalized shorts wearing at all kinds of fine establishments in TX. Evidently it was deemed “not germane” to the topic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Most important is clean clothes- we had the unfortunate experience of being in near some people who stink on a cruise.  They think because the clothes "look" clean, they can wear for days-  Please bathe and change your clothes!  

There's really no need for clean clothes.  Just being extra perfumes and how yourself down with that! 😜

Seriously, some people from other countries do not adhere to the same hygiene practices we are sued to in the US.  They don't use deodorants and don't bathe daily.  We used to run into this a lot at WDW - humid conditions can really create some unpleasant BO, and combine that with that different levels of hygiene and we sometimes just had to get out of a queue line so we could breathe!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rudeney said:

There's really no need for clean clothes.  Just being extra perfumes and how yourself down with that! 😜

Seriously, some people from other countries do not adhere to the same hygiene practices we are sued to in the US.  They don't use deodorants and don't bathe daily.  We used to run into this a lot at WDW - humid conditions can really create some unpleasant BO, and combine that with that different levels of hygiene and we sometimes just had to get out of a queue line so we could breathe!  

Gee thanks for sharing 🙄

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 7:36 AM, BND said:

Wait staff want their tips lol.

In the days when the rule was enforced, it wasn't the wait staff who did it.  It was management, as in maitre'd.  

Yes, but they really did try to encourage you to come as you are.  It’s pretty convincing!

3 hours ago, David_Dian said:

Maybe there should be a sticky concerning dress codes/what’s actually acceptable for RCI various dinning venues. 

Or simply read the dress code info that Royal provides, and comply how you deem fit. 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2022 at 6:55 PM, HicksRA said:

Kilts are fine but no bagpipes..

I worked with a Scottish guy a few years ago .

He told me what the definition of a gentleman is : a guy that knows how to play the bag pipes , and doesnt .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3