Always Included? All Included? Sometimes included? Included but not this time?

Jeremiah1212

"All Included" makes more sense than "Always included" because it was never "Always" included.

It's now closer to a land based "All inclusive" vacation experience where there are always additional optional charges but you don't have to take advantage of those services. 

I think the idea is: If you want, you can take an "All included/inclusive" vacation and not pay for anything additional out of pocket.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Its renaming Always Included to All Included. Really simple. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 10.31.59 AM.png

I hope that legal forces them to clean up the language in that third bullet. If they don't it will just re-ignite the shitstorm "Always" started with people booking a Cruise Only fare and then going off on the lawsuit rant over fraud, misleading advertising, etc...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

I hope that legal forces them to clean up the language in that third bullet. If they don't it will just re-ignite the shitstorm "Always" started with people booking a Cruise Only fare and then going off on the lawsuit rant over fraud, misleading advertising, etc...

... for those who can/will find an attorney to take the case(s) on a contingency basis, otherwise hot air!!!

bon voyage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, laslomas said:

Wow! I wish they offered that for cruises from Southampton. That would suit me fine. Of course there are many more leaving from Florida.  😀😎

Yeap but you could add in  the most of London, the South, part of the Midlands and a lot of The West of UK to be within a 'local' two hour drive of Southampton.  We're only a small island 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Yeap but you could add in  the most of London, the South, part of the Midlands and a lot of The West of UK to be within a 'local' two hour drive of Southampton.  We're only a small island 

Sorry for not speaking metric but I was curious how big England was compared to other places. 

in Sq. miles (rounded)

England 50k

United Kingdom 94k

France 249k

New York State 55k

Nova Scotia 21k

Ukraine 234k

if you want to know more places ask Siri like I did. 

• Like 1

All In or Always Included is just a name for a recent promo on Celebrity.  When I booked my recent cruise, I think it was Always Included.  Included items were unlimited internet, tips, and drinks.  I did ask my TA if there was a cruise only rate. She checked and got me a cruise only rate.  Everyone pays tips.  When comparing cost difference between included and cruise only, the difference was less than $100 per cabin for 10 day cruise.  Figured it was a good price for drinks and unlimited WiFi.  If only the internet worked and drinks were made correctly, it would have been good. WiFi was slow when it worked. Most of the time it didn’t.  Many of the drink ingredients were not available. If I had known this before booking, I wouldn’t buy Always Included.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Sorry for not speaking metric but I was curious how big England was compared to other places. 

in Sq. miles (rounded)

England 50k

United Kingdom 94k

France 249k

New York State 55k

Nova Scotia 21k

Ukraine 234k

if you want to know more places ask Siri like I did. 

Australia : 7,692,020 square kilometers.

3 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

The picture/ad in post #27 describes it well. Drinks, WiFi, and tips are all included. Things like shore excursions, spa, and such aren’t. 

I agree.  I think if true this is a good change.  Far less confusing than the Always Included, since a base rate without the AI is now a standard option.

Also less confusing than the previous 123 and BBB promotions/program.

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Any more in them getting ride of Elevate and Indulge? I was about to book the latter but not sure if I should wait now?

What is the reason you would wait to see?

Those packages, here in the U.S. at least, must be booked at the time we book the sailing. I have tried to add Indulge afterwards and could not. Either you want it or not and does depend on your sailing and ship, too, if either will be of value.

bon voyage

Not to be too harsh, or maybe so, yet it appears that 'many' of us who are English speakers and post here on CC, are fully capable of understanding and interpreting and comprehending the language.

To me, that means when we (in a few instances) read the additional information attendant with the restrictions and policies of ANY marketing programs which X or any other company offers it 'mostly' discloses what the limits, if any, are.

To debate the meaning of marketing title(s) is senseless to me and a few others, if not overwhelmingly amusing.

But, after all this is CC and we can put on full display our individual ability to understand marketing, reading and the like.

The place to show disdain for any marketing program for any company is directly to the company, which I Am sure a few have done and effected change, for sure.

bon voyage

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Not to be too harsh, or maybe so, yet it appears that 'many' of us who are English speakers and post here on CC, are fully capable of understanding and interpreting and comprehending the language.

To me, that means when we (in a few instances) read the additional information attendant with the restrictions and policies of ANY marketing programs which X or any other company offers it 'mostly' discloses what the limits, if any, are.

To debate the meaning of marketing title(s) is senseless to me and a few others, if not overwhelmingly amusing.

But, after all this is CC and we can put on full display our individual ability to understand marketing, reading and the like.

The place to show disdain for any marketing program for any company is directly to the company, which I Am sure a few have done and effected change, for sure.

bon voyage

Bo is wise and eloquent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

The picture/ad in post #27 describes it well. Drinks, WiFi, and tips are all included. Things like shore excursions, spa, and such aren’t. 

Agreed at last sense has prevailed now 2 basic options on every cruise.

Cruise only - applicable on all cabins except Aqua and Suites.

All included - which lists exactly what the "all" is.

Of course you can then upgrade the drinks and the WiFi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, cdn_tbird said:

It’s basically the same wording they’ve used for a long time with Always Included, I’d be shocked if it hadn’t been run by legal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

It’s basically the same wording they’ve used for a long time with Always Included, I’d be shocked if it hadn’t been run by legal.

Exactly making this thread one of the most ridiculous and irrelevant in weeks. Time to end this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if the public wouldn't be better served by a new thread with the title "Elevate/Indulge packages going away".   So that people who may want to book with those packages can get them.

It's going to be interesting for those who have the packages won't be able to reprice without factoring in the value of the packages with the new fares that won't include those benefits.

I wonder if those packages were enticements to get bookings up and they are now reverting to the higher margin upgrades driven by the almighty $$$$.

4 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Any more in them getting ride of Elevate and Indulge? I was about to book the latter but not sure if I should wait now?

Hello,

Unless you want watches all the way up your arm like some war-time spiv, Indulge's $800 OBC is near impossible to spend as a male with no females to purchase for as watches are all there are to buy. (On Anthem May-June this year.)

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Unless you want watches all the way up your arm like some war-time spiv, Indulge's $800 OBC is near impossible to spend as a male with no females to purchase for as watches are all there are to buy. (On Anthem May-June this year.)

Regards,

Cublet

Sorry, should have said Silhouette, June.

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Lots of other ways to spend that $800, a couple of bottles of nice wine, a massage or 2, dinners in specialty restaurants, extra gratuity to cabin attendant, butler, and dining staff.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Exactly making this thread one of the most ridiculous and irrelevant in weeks. Time to end this one.

@terrydtx be careful.  Maybe we need to vote and rank them. There are a lot of ridiculous and irrelevant threads.  😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

@terrydtx be careful.  Maybe we need to vote and rank them. There are a lot of ridiculous and irrelevant threads.  😁

Arguing over semantics Always or All Included, the same thing. Like Potato or Potatoe? Same root and taste.