The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 25th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Log Cabin Day, National Catfish Day, and Bartender and Mixologist Day

A person's a person, no matter how small.--Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!

Meal Suggestion for today - ground turkey sloppy joes
Drink of the Day - Classic Old Fashioned
wine of the Day - Sextant Zinfandel, Central Coast, California
Destination of the Day - Guaymas, Mexico

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 06/26

Nieuw Statendam

Molde, Norway 07:00 - 16:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06/26

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy - 16:00

Rotterdam

Scenic Cruising Hardangerfjord

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0625World.thumb.png.673b220e14939559a35305efe13b4745.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Good morning and thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A nice summer day on tap for us today, sunny and a high of 29C (84F), I hope it's not too humid.  I've got laundry and some gardening to do.

Interesting days.   Log cabins can be beautiful.   Catfish would make a tasty meal.  A big thank you to all bartenders and mixologists.

Good quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but I think I'll barbecue a steak.

I'd love an Old Fashioned, especially on a BHB.

I'm not a big fan of Zinfandels.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations (no matter how small).

I better take Bertie for a walk.   Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So happy DH is out of the slammer!  We only have a few days left to enjoy our cruise so better get busy. 

Thanks to all of you for keeping me going while we waited and waited for that negative report. ❤️

Try to enjoy what’s left.  Just don’t do too much at once.  So glad you both are free.

Terri

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Saturday morning.  Yea for getting out of covid jail, for leaving on a cruise, for medical improvement.  Prayers for those still suffering.  Hugs for those that need them.

Classic Old Fashioned:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
3 dashes of Bitters
Pinch of Sugar
Garnish with Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Muddle sugar and bitters in a rocks glass. Add bourbon and ice. Stir. Top with a cherry as garnish.  

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 6.50.40 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the fleet report.  I’ll celebrate bartender day today on a BHB.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but I’m planning on clothesline bacon and steak in the Pinnacle Grill tonight.  Mona, aka 3am alarm clock, had me awake way too early.  Will do some last minute packing, electronics,  and top off the food and water bowls.  Our ride is set to arrive at 10 to pick us up.

I hope that everyone has a good Saturday.

image.png.1e737149085446511bed9d693165894d.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

Try to enjoy what’s left.  Just don’t do too much at once.  So glad you both are free.

Terri

I believe you when you say don’t do too much. Seems like we want to lie down and rest pretty often. We went for a short walk today. Yesterday I walked way too far but had to get get back to the ship so pushed on. Hope to be feeling stronger every day. 

• Like 27

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So happy DH is out of the slammer!  We only have a few days left to enjoy our cruise so better get busy. 

Thanks to all of you for keeping me going while we waited and waited for that negative report. ❤️

Delighted for you both Sandi.

Graham 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I believe you when you say don’t do too much. Seems like we want to lie down and rest pretty often. We went for a short walk today. Yesterday I walked way too far but had to get get back to the ship so pushed on. Hope to be feeling stronger every day. 

Just listen to your body.  There were some days when I just couldn’t move.  Yet DH was like the energizer bunny.  It affects different people in different ways.  Take care.

Terri

• Like 25

Good afternoon from a sunny but windy 66°F in our garden in North East England.

Just about to have lunch in our garden Room.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

Never stayed in a log cabin but I'm sure they will be nice and cozy.

We are not big drinker's so a bar tender and mixologist are not high on our lists.

True quote.

Nice food but never tried the drink.

Prayers for everyone who they can help.

Happy to hear Sandi @StLouisCruisersand her husband are both free from quarantine and hopefully able to enjoy the rest of their cruise.

IMG_20220625_120610.jpg

IMG-20220625-WA0001.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30

Thank you Rich for the Saturday report.  I'll pass on both the Catfish and the Bartenders but log cabins have a great place in our history.  I don't think I've been to Guaymas.  I'm not a fan of sloppy joe but turkey sounds like the best choice to put in it.  My alternative menu suggestion is Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey, and Turkey Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry as served on MS Prinsendam May 26, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and continuing complications
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Sam suffering Covid complications
1Angelcat doctor runaround
JazzyV leg infection
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu first anniversary without Jose

From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

USN59-79 relief from macular degeneration drug
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
New Camila photo
StLouisCruisers DH finally free
Marshhawk good diabetes report
Relief for Grapau27 from steroid shot
7 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
6 days for me (QM2 July 1 to 😎
1 day for jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip)
Bon Voyage  Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9)
Welcome home VMAX
StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 14

Good morning,

Thank you Rich for the list and Roy for the Cares list whenever you post it.

I have never been in a Log Cabin, have not eaten Catfish and three cheers to Bartenders.  However, I am really not a big drinker, except for a glass of wine.

Three cheers for Dr. Seuss.  Love his quote.

I will skip the meal and the drink.

Maybe the wine.

I have not been to the port.

God Bless all of you.

Terri

• Like 29

Good morning, everyone.

It is quite a nice morning here in northeast Ohio.  It is supposed to warm up to 90 later in the day.  We shall see.  Not much on the agenda today except the pool at 10:00 am.  

Congratulations to Sandi @StLouisCruisers and her DH on his release from Covid detention.  It is said that we will all get it eventually, but I hope it isn't on a cruise.  I'm starting my routine to reduce exposure now for my cruise coming up mid July.

I love sloppy joes.  I haven't had one in years and would probably take the easy way out by browning ground beef and adding a can of Manwich.  But, in the interest of health, let's look at some of the recipes for using ground turkey.   I'm sure ground chicken would work just as well.  This first one claims to be quick and easy with ingredients you probably already have.  https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-turkey-sloppy-joes-homemade-sauce/

1811535197_turkeysloppyjoes1.jpg.615f65b4f52e33b63a674c4f9574e76b.jpg

The jalapenos are optional.   

This one gives us a list of substitutions and options to make this your own recipe.   https://www.thechunkychef.com/turkey-sloppy-joes/

978871699_turkeysloppyjoes2.jpg.024337379acf02d177f7db6441aac26d.jpg

The seasonings in this one are a little different.  But, probably just as good.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/turkey-sloppy-joes/

58068496_turkeysloppyjoes3.thumb.jpg.03031ec2915d29cfc4e5252982c9070f.jpg

This next one is really basic and really easy.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/quick-easy-turkey-sloppy-joes/

1569944083_turkeysloppyjoes4.jpg.4e828864a3ca7923248e9a928faec91f.jpg

And here's one for the slow cooker.   https://realfoodwholelife.com/recipes/slow-cooker-turkey-sloppy-joes/

1256464463_turkeysloppyjoes5.thumb.jpg.99cb3f639692f3256d6cd1cf58fd32ec.jpg

Prayers for those in need, especially Ukraine, the victims of gun violence, and Daily family members struggling with challenges.   Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a great day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich for the Saturday report.  I'll pass on both the Catfish and the Bartenders but log cabins have a great place in our history.  I don't think I've been to Guaymas.  I'm not a fan of sloppy joe but turkey sounds like the best choice to put in it.  My alternative menu suggestion is Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey, and Turkey Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry as served on MS Prinsendam May 26, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and continuing complications
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Sam suffering Covid complications
1Angelcat doctor runaround
JazzyV leg infection
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu first anniversary without Jose

From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Bennybear DH with melanoma
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

USN59-79 relief from macular degeneration drug
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
New Camila photo
StLouisCruisers DH finally free
Marshhawk good diabetes report
Relief for Grapau27 from steroid shot
7 days for ski ww (Oosterdam July 2 to 16)
6 days for me (QM2 July 1 to 😎
1 day for jimgev (Noordam to 7/3 plus land trip)
Bon Voyage  Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9)
Welcome home VMAX
StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists and my mention on the shout-out and celebrations list Roy.

I had keyhole surgery on this knee over 10 years ago for a torn cartilage and it was okay until about 9 month's ago when I missed the bottom stair at home and my whole weight fell on to this knee.

So far I have been almost pain free and the movement has been a lot better since the steroid injection on Thursday afternoon.

Graham.

• Like 25

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! The storms started around 1 yesterday afternoon and it was still raining lightly at 9 last night.  We do need rain, but.  

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites. Heading to the gym.  This evening a few of us are gathering at a friends for nibbles & wine.

Today’s words of wisdom…

5795B27E-D7BF-4760-A396-3268CA830EDD.jpeg.77fc4daca3e246c6fd4caa4b67850209.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Sextant Zinfandel, Central Coast

This Central Coast Zinfandel has received very good reviews from both consumers and critics. Widely available with prices starting at $13.99.

WE 89

Winemaker Notes

Dark in color and brooding on the palate the 2017 Central Coast Zinfandel explodes with brambly boysenberry and Black Cardomom on the nose. Rich, full tannins give this wine weight and texture while bright acidity adds balance to this vibrant wine. Dark fruit flavors of plum, blackcherry, and wild fig add a juicy core to the mid-palate leading to a luscious finish highlighted by sweet vanilla and hints of clove.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Good morning and thank you Rich and Roy.  Prayers for all in need and hoping the violence in our country subsides soon.

Just returning from Enchantment of the Seas and had a nice time.  But I forgot what it is like on a ship with 450 kids!    Luckily I am not a pool person and that’s where most of the kids were.  My daughter (and her dog, Layla) did a great job watching their Dad (DH).  All is well.  

Have to spend today unpacking and vacuuming up some dog hair.  Have a great weekend.  Katherine 

• Like 32

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Good quote.

Just returned home from our regular Saturday morning breakfast at our favorite diner.

I've had some very tasty catfish and some not so tasty.

I love Turkey but Sloppy Joe's are only good with ground round or lean hamburger meat.

For some reason I've never had an Old Fashioned, I'll try one on our next cruise coming up in August.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 26

Happy Saturday Dailyites!

2df23684314950d569a51f032f088a07.png

When I think Log Cabin, I think Maple Syrup.  When I think bartenders, I think of all of them that kept on serving me when they shouldn't have.  I was grateful then, but in hind sight, it really was the wrong way to go.

And Catfish, well this was my stage name, Catfish Brown, and when i was singing folk songs. I got the name because I was so gullible.

e50dfedec52dd960912a40de7bc98260.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Woo hoo!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

A salute to @cat shepard and @summer slope the bartenders and mixologists of the Daily.  I appreciate your daily drink recipe and wine reviews.

I put myself through college tending bar; it was so lucrative that I continued until I was 29.  Eventually, I realized that I was missing evenings, weekends and holidays with my family and friends because of my work schedule.  I decided to go back to school to obtain my teaching certificate, a career I have enjoyed for 33 years.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1