Request Royal to stop negative Covid test to board

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I could have had someone else take my last covid test at walgrens. I made the appointment on their site, just my name and address and email. When I got there they asked me my birthday and never asked for ID. No insurance. Anyone knowing my birthday could have taken the test. Results were emailed and off I went. 

Your info must have been in the system from before, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to email the info to you.

30 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Your info must have been in the system from before, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to email the info to you.

What info? Never used walgrens to test before. This was the one and only time. Yes I filled out the appointment but they didnt ask for drivers license or insurance. Other than what I filled out with my name phone number what would they have on file if i never used them that I'm aware of.

I use krogers to fill prescriptions. Walgrens didnt know me. 

I used CVS the other 4 times. .. Cvs I heard didnt do travel so this one and only time I went to walgrens. Not a store i shop at, how would walgrens have my info on file? I'm saying the test wasnt secure. Believe what you want.

If you just wanted to know if you have covid i can see it's fine, but for travel anyone could have driven up and taken it in my place. It was just a free test they emailed the results to the email i used to sign up at their site. I've never shopped there and used this address before. Not in the last 10 years. No idea why you think somehow they would have information on me other than what I gave them to sign up for the free test here. 

There is a free drive thru near me too they email results. Still open but not getting much business. Again if they dont check my ID how do you assume they would know it's the persons whose name the test is done in. No ID, no insurance card shown. Or provided when i signed up. Free test anyone can take when I did it for my may cruise. No ID uploaded. None shown when I drove up. 

3rd time I've said this. If people want to make believe its secure ok. Mine wasnt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered a 6-pack of Emed tests for our multiple cruises in October. Given my usual bad luck and bad timing, that was probably more effective in ending testing than an email would have been. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

That doesn't answer my question of whether any paper printout is scanned or just looked at visually? Because if any paper printout is just looked at visually then it is not worth the paper it written on no pun intended? I could create a reasonable paper copy of any pdf test result sent to my email on Microsoft word with a bit of help from google images and I am not that good on computers.

So far as I am aware though could be wrong the QR Code with the test result is damn near impossible to fake at least to a layman. If they scan the QR Code they knew the result is fake if they just read the paper copy they don't.

Edited by ace2542

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That doesn't answer my question of whether any paper printout is scanned or just looked at visually? Because if any paper printout is just looked at visually then it is not worth the paper it written on no pun intended? I could create a reasonable paper copy of any pdf test result sent to my email on Microsoft word with a bit of help from google images and I am not that good on computers.

So far as I am aware though could be wrong the QR Code with the test result is damn near impossible to fake at least to a layman. If they scan the QR Code they knew the result is fake if they just read the paper copy they don't.

I was answering Firefly333. What did they do when you cruised?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

I was answering Firefly333.

How about answering mine then? Because if paper tests can be forged by just sitting infront of a computer for 20 minutes and those forged tests be accepted routinely then surely the only way forward is either scrap the tests as no check of authencity renders them meaningless? Or test at the pier as testing at the pier by staff is probably the only secure way?

24 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How about answering mine then? Because if paper tests can be forged by just sitting infront of a computer for 20 minutes and those forged tests be accepted routinely then surely the only way forward is either scrap the tests as no check of authencity renders them meaningless? Or test at the pier as testing at the pier by staff is probably the only secure way?

1. We don't know how many tests are forged so we don’t know if they are accepted routinely.

2. Of course testing at the port would be more secure if they were to do it but they won't. I think someone (Celebrity maybe) tried testing at the port and it was terrible. Waiting in the hot Florida sun with no shade (wouldn't let them in the terminal until tested negative) for several hours. It didn't go well. If the cruise lines were to require testing at the ports, I think bookings would go down. How many would have flown to the port and then tested positive? I think some people would be reluctant to do this. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was answering Firefly333. What did they do when you cruised?

I was on NCL out Seattle back in May 21st to 28th. We did the test in UK and was negative. We had paper prints out as we don't have I Phone. The NCL check in staff just looked at the pieces of paper reading the dates the negative result and passport numbers if they even read those and accepted them. They did not scan the QR code? Why did they not scan it?

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You do realize that the outward facing email addresses for the execs are routed to an off shore call center where call center personnel use canned, pre-approved responses to questions and complaints. Mr. Bayley would never look at the thousands of emails sent to that email address daily. 

I’ve heard back from his office when I emailed with an issue.  I’m sure he doesn’t get them directly but there is a team that filters the messages and deals with them as needed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Those Covid tests are just another layer to help keep passengers and crew safe.  Even though passengers and crew are coming down with Covid, IMO doing away with the tests completely would make the transmission rate that much higher.

And how long should these "Test"continue? Two more years, Five, Ten?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

And how long should these "Test"continue? Two more years, Five, Ten?

What about forever as this Covid will never go away and will rip through cruise ships every cruise infecting countless hundreds of passengers the majority of whom never come forward to be testing thereby spreading the infection around the world. Or the lines could just scrap tests and accept that is here and that it rip through every ship forever but the CDC will never accept that even if the lines would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To tell you the truth, the tests are pretty much worthless anyway.  I did a cruise in the fall and got a test from CVS and they texted me the results.  I used a screen shot of that report to board.

A few months later I did another cruise, got tested, and CVS texted me the results.  I did a screen shot as before.

I get to the pier and to prove I was vaxxed I pulled up the screen shot and was cleared to board.  It was only later while sitting in the lounge area waiting to board that I noticed I had shown the wrong screen shot.  I was cleared to board with a test over 60 days old.

About as useful as the health question form that you had to fill out while standing in line on boarding day.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You do realize that the outward facing email addresses for the execs are routed to an off shore call center where call center personnel use canned, pre-approved responses to questions and complaints. Mr. Bayley would never look at the thousands of emails sent to that email address daily. 

Bayley won’t respond but Makenna Harris will on his behalf. Still Makenna will use the usual diplomatic responses, especially  - privacy laws stop me from discussing the matter with you.

I just got off a cruise on another line that was 100% vaccinated and 100% negative tested (as required by the port of call). Both my wife and I are currently testing positive.

Keep the testing requirement. While not perfect, its still yet another defense on catching it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

They do it because they feel entitled and believe the rules don't apply to them. They probably also have a fake vaccination record. 🙄

And again you are repeating some false info. Btw, everyone knows or should know that the email goes to staff that can help or try to and not directly to Bayley.

This is true, but THINK about it. Someone tests positive and therefore can't get on the ship. That prevents more covid from spreading. It's a no brainer!

I was a big proponent of precruise testing, but I've since changed my mind.  My husband got Covid 5 days into a Florida vacation last month.  I immediately isolated.  I became symptomatic 2 days later.   I tested every day for 5  days and was consistently negative.  I didn't test positive until 6 days later.  I'm sure I had it during those 5 days I was testing negative.  If my husband hadn't tested positive, I probably would have stopped testing after the first negative test and thought I had a cold/flu.  

Edited by jerseygirl3

57 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I just got off a cruise on another line that was 100% vaccinated and 100% negative tested (as required by the port of call). Both my wife and I are currently testing positive.

Keep the testing requirement. While not perfect, its still yet another defense on catching it.

I hope you have only a mild case since you were vaccinated.

The vaccines do not prevent you from catching covid, they just prevent a serious case.  The virus is here to stay.  It is also mutating into a more easily spread but less deadly version.  When infections occur we now have therapeutics.

How long do you want wholesale testing of people who are not sick to continue?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I could have had someone else take my last covid test at walgrens. I made the appointment on their site, just my name and address and email. When I got there they asked me my birthday and never asked for ID. No insurance. Anyone knowing my birthday could have taken the test. Results were emailed and off I went. 

We have tested several times at Walgreen and each time we're asked to show ID and we had to input insurance info into system when scheduling even though they have it on record for prescriptions.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve heard back from his office when I emailed with an issue.  I’m sure he doesn’t get them directly but there is a team that filters the messages and deals with them as needed. 

Waste of time telling them of your experiences.  Every thread they post that in they get multiple people telling them the same thing as you did yet they continue to post that nonsense.

At least your post will help others realize that what that person posted was nonsense.

Not sure if you knew this but it's Laly that is in charge of that group.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

I can understand that many people are upset about the simple 10 minute tests that they have to take. However, safety protocols are necessary to save the cruise industry.

Another wave of cruise cancellations would sink the industry. Remember the CDC 'don't cruise' advisory in December, That was at the forefront of the huge Omicron wave. The industry struggled on with testing and masking; as well as a series of lengthy cruise cancellations for ships with heavy outbreaks.

This time, its summer and many ER departments are short-staffed.

Recently, Morgan Stanley issued a warning that cruise company stocks could drop to zero. For the first time, a top Wall Street firm is saying the unthinkable. That the big cruise companies could face 're-organization' if further funding dry up. Confidence is everything, and the amount of outstanding debt is huge.

For myself, I consider it my personal responsibility to not get infected before and during the cruise. In order to enjoy my cruise, and not spoil the cruise of others. Everything is good; vax, testing, masking.

Is this serious? Everywhere everyone is dropping requirements and only cruise industry suffers? I have been on 7 cruises since restart... maybe during January there was a bit more COVID on board, but no sighs of it in March and June

• Like 3

Not sure why this is a big deal. The tests are easy to do. If they only stop honest people, fine, I’ll take it.

Been on ship where a gi bug ripped thru. Really sucked.

Wish they tested for that.

I don’t wanna get sick, I don’t want my kids getting sick, I don’t want anyone getting sick. Take the test and if you have it step out. There’s always other cruises.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

No. I don't mind taking a test. Sure, Covid will still be present on the ships, but it will stop some of it, and fewer people will be sick. Crew staying healthy and working, that's a good thing, isn't it? So many complaints of lack of service and cancelled shows, but more Covid means more of that. 

• Like 4