The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 9th, 2022

richwmn

15 minutes ago, bennybear said:

My last one  in Hawaii was Diphtheria and Tetanus,   But here they wanted me to have all three,  as Pertussis has made a come back.   So DH had all three and I will next time too.  

My dear late mam had Diphtheria when she was a teenager and spent several weeks in a sanatorium.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

A very late good afternoon from a very hot central Texas.  Our thermometer said it was 107F about an hour ago.  Tuesday is supposed to be 108F.  This is more like Arizona weather in the summer on cooler days.  😱

My plan for today was to mow a small part of the yard where the weeds are growing.  With our hot weather and lack of rain, the grass does not need mowing.  In fact, it crunches when you walk on it, it is so dry.  At least with Bermuda grass, it does not die with lack of water in the summer if it gets watered occasionally; instead, it just goes dormant.   It doesn't look good, but then most yards are brown now, and we have been asked to limit water use.

When I saw that it would be 90F by 9 am, I decided to do the yard and laundry tomorrow, and clean house today.  I was almost finished at a decent time when I remembered that I needed to vacuum under the bed since the dust bunnies had great, great, great grandbaby dust bunnies.  To see what I was doing required lying on the tile floor with a flashlight and looking under the bed.  Anyway, that's done until it gets really bad again.  🤣

I like sugar cookies, but I'm the only one in the family.  When I make them, I usually turn them into snickerdoodles.  I think the call of the horizon applies to all on the Daily.  I'm not too much into fashion, but try to wear what is comfortable.  My style runs more to tailored looks, and our daily outfits are shorts (jeans in cool weather) and t-shirts.

It has been years since I made a deep dish pizza, since we prefer thin crusts.  When I make them, they have just about everything but the kitchen sink and anchovies.  If I order one for me, it's usually double pepperoni, onions and mushrooms.  In Italy, we tend to get a Margarita pizza.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to Mumbai once, and that was enough.  We actually did not see much of the city since it was at the end of an two night overland trip from Cochin to Agra and picking up the ship again in Mumbai.  What we saw was from the bus going from the airport to the ship, which was the old Regal Princess in 2003.

@MISTER 67  I hope your back is better today.

@cat shepard  Ann, enjoy your visit with your niece and her family.  I loved the meme her daughters picked out.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you made it home safely.  Relax, and plan for your next cruise.

@Heartgrove  I hope your brother made it home today. 

@Crazy For Cats Welcome home.  I enjoyed your live from.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope Buddy remains comfortable in the time he has left.  I know it was hard for Amy to go to the funeral home yesterday and make plans, but it would have been harder later.

@Vict0riann  I'm glad you are enjoying your time in England and getting to see Pat's cousin and friend.  Hope the rest today makes tomorrow a better day.

@smitty34877  Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your visit with your family and at the Cape.  Looking forward to pictures of you finally meeting Miss Camilla.  Even with all her problems, I like Tana's attitude that she could still order people around.

@ottahand7 Great pictures and a great view.

@jimgev  Glad you enjoyed your cruise and your tour and that your luggage made it with you.  Sorry the flights were so messed up.

@aliaschief  Enjoy your last day at the beach and your drive up the coast.  Safe travels back to Seattle and home with hopefully no flight problems.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope today is calmer and that your temperatures stop imitating ours.  

@TiogaCruiser  Sorry the tire deal turned out to be too good to be true.

@durangoscots  Susan, that's good news that the shelter staff is well with not lasing effects.  It's good you got the animals moved.

@Cruising-along  Hope you've recovered from yesterday's babysitting.  Wow, about the sky light.  It may have been from something from July 4.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you got the tetanus shot without having to go to the hospital.  I'm pretty sure my last one in 2018 was just the tetanus vaccine.

@bennybear  I'm sending good thoughts that the surgery in two weeks gets it all and that is the end of the melanoma.

Lenda 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Here are the pictures I took of Mumbai from the bus on the way to the ship from the airport.    These are the ones I posted on August 8, 2021.

IMG_2935.thumb.JPG.3c4c429733c7711c5adb4ac890ac83b9.JPG

IMG_2936.thumb.JPG.6a4f9e6fafbfb87760792c038235cf9b.JPGIMG_2937.thumb.JPG.f61f16c50ce35fbe5b71b88d713e0312.JPGIMG_2938.thumb.JPG.7730cffd0a560c2f45a0f177f9770821.JPG

IMG_2939.thumb.JPG.785bb89cc61f56d329d7918b63d5adbe.JPG

IMG_2940.thumb.JPG.ad5575ad891b32df2a274c7291d073d5.JPG

IMG_2941.thumb.JPG.05490e22b40619c11f57c01126b9ba88.JPG

As  I said earlier today, we have seen India.  Cochin was not too bad, but in Agra and Mumbai, we have never seen such filth.  The Taj Mahal was always on my bucket list, but not India.  Now it's Been There, Done That!.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We had something very strange happen.  One of our skylights (only 5 years old) has shattered!  We can see a pinpoint hole in the middle -- no idea how or what day it happened.  Since it had to happen during the week of all the fireworks, my suspicions have been in overdrive.  Anyway, now we have to replace it.  I hope they can give us some idea of what may have happened.  

Sounds plausible.

About 2 years ago, I heard a pounding/tapping upstairs  and immediately suspected our Golden had gotten into something. But he was downstairs with me, ( giving me a “not me” look, and acting a little scared. We went up to investigate.

It turned out a very naughty crow was on the skylight, pecking away. On closer inspection, there was a small hole, and cracks running outward. They looked kind of like spiderwebs.

I’m glad it happened on my day off, and I was home to hear it. If not, it might have been months before we were aware.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Sounds plausible.

About 2 years ago, I heard a pounding/tapping upstairs  and immediately suspected our Golden had gotten into something. But he was downstairs with me, ( giving me a “not me” look, and acting a little scared. We went up to investigate.

It turned out a very naughty crow was on the skylight, pecking away. On closer inspection, there was a small hole, and cracks running outward. They looked kind of like spiderwebs.

I’m glad it happened on my day off, and I was home to hear it. If not, it might have been months before we were aware.

That is another possibility -- we have a lot of pesky crows here.  I'm actually hoping it wasn't that, only because we have so many crows around here, it could happen again! 😱

I'm hoping that whoever replaces it will have a good idea of what could have happened. I'm also thinking since we have to replace it, we'll also get a retractable shade installed.  That skylight is where most of our sun shines through and heats up the upstairs.  So if anyone has advice about those shades, please let me know. 🙂  

On another note, a week or two ago I posted about a squirrel who got into our garage -- it must have left quickly, because we've found no damage to anything (or the cars) and no smell thank goodness!!

• Like 22

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I know that it's possible to get just a Td booster, without the P, because the pertussis vaccine is only given once to an adult. I don't see why there shouldn't be a tetanus-only vaccine, although whether anyone has it in stock would be another question; probably it's given more at hospitals, following injuries, than by pharmacies.

You are right on the pharmacies.  We have a number in our little two towns and only one had it in stock.  thankfully I was on file from who knows how many decades ago and the were ready for me.

It’s a good thing I let my “fingers do the talking” (phone) rather than go to each one.  LOL.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Laura @Horizon chaser 1957(as I don’t have your email - forgive me for posting here) - I received your very thoughtful package today and want to thank you so very much.  I’m not sure if you would want me to say more or not but it is lovely and so appreciated. ♥️

You’re  welcome, Jacqui. It’s OK to mention it, as I basically consider it as being from the Daily family in general. I’m just amazed it got there so fast! ❤️

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

You’re  welcome, Jacqui. It’s OK to mention it, as I basically consider it as being from the Daily family in general. I’m just amazed it got there so fast! ❤️

Ok tomorrow I will expand.  There’s no figuring out Canada Post 😉 😳 

it’s exquisite and a colour I can wear.  I was truly touched and moved and maybe cried a smidge at the kindness.  Thank you ♥️ 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

That is another possibility -- we have a lot of pesky crows here.  I'm actually hoping it wasn't that, only because we have so many crows around here, it could happen again! 😱

I'm hoping that whoever replaces it will have a good idea of what could have happened. I'm also thinking since we have to replace it, we'll also get a retractable shade installed.  That skylight is where most of our sun shines through and heats up the upstairs.  So if anyone has advice about those shades, please let me know. 🙂  

On another note, a week or two ago I posted about a squirrel who got into our garage -- it must have left quickly, because we've found no damage to anything (or the cars) and no smell thank goodness!!

I went to Home Depot, bought a shade slightly larger than the skylight, made a light frame for it and fastened it up there.  It has been there for about 5 years.

RayIMG_0046.thumb.JPG.c9b263cca5f8a5b98a7ad8e8fe6f2eed.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the Daily reports.

Rich @richwmn Thanks for listing a New Zealand wine today.

Am sitting here looking out at the blue Pacific Ocean horizon.

Sunshine today, but it;s only 8 C. 

@StLouisCruisers thank you for replying to my query yesterday.

@RSWBADGER Bon Voyage, enjoy your Noordam cruise.

@smitty34877 safe travels, enjoy your break, hoping to see of photo of you with Miss Camilla.

@jimgev thanks for reviewing your Alaska cruise and land tour, a relief that your luggage arrived.

@aliaschief thanks for the photos, safe travelling on your journey home.

@bennybear thanks for the photo,  I think that like @kazu you have a lovely garden.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1