Holland America Line Launches Best Deal of the Year

1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

And they also raised the prices.

Yep. Booked a week ago. Added Have it all. ( no crew appreciation) but my fare is $1k less then it is priced today.

• Like 2

Well, I had the opposite experience.  I booked 4/8/22 for a 1/5/23 departure and checked fares today and the new fare is $1,726 less for two people.  I tried to call my cruise consultant, but apparently they now only work Monday through Friday.  I sent an email asking to refare.  If she balks, I will just cancel and rebook.

"Best sale" -- nice try. I guess if they say it then it must be true.

So far the "best sale" this year (for me) has been Celebrity's "no solo supplement" sale that recently ended. HAL, why not try that one on for size??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CaptJerry51 said:

Well, I had the opposite experience.  I booked 4/8/22 for a 1/5/23 departure and checked fares today and the new fare is $1,726 less for two people.  I tried to call my cruise consultant, but apparently they now only work Monday through Friday.  I sent an email asking to refare.  If she balks, I will just cancel and rebook.

Take a screenshot or two of that pricing.  Send it to your cruise consultant in case those prices go up in a day or so.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Take a screenshot or two of that pricing.  Send it to your cruise consultant in case those prices go up in a day or so.

Thanks.  I did just that.  She will have the evidence even if the fare goes up after I asked over the weekend.

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

"Best sale" -- nice try. I guess if they say it then it must be true.

So far the "best sale" this year (for me) has been Celebrity's "no solo supplement" sale that recently ended. HAL, why not try that one on for size??

Gosh wish I’d seen that about Celebrity a no solo supplement.  Do you get email  offers from  them or just have to check Celebrity website often?   I have friends wanting me to sail with them and that would have been perfect. 

We have friends traveling with us on the Nov. 19 sailing on the Koningsdam.  Called yesterday and refared three cabins for an overall saving of $2900 as well as picking up some OBC for each cabin.

One cabin was an obstructed verandah for a single—his fare got reduced by $900!

Thanks for posting about the sale!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

One cabin was an obstructed verandah for a single—his fare got reduced by $900!

Excellent news for your friend!  It's funny because I checked my November 2022 cruise on Rotterdam and it has gone UP $900!!  My price is already locked in at the lower fare so that's good.

Always need to check, that's for sure!

~Nancy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Gosh wish I’d seen that about Celebrity a no solo supplement.  Do you get email  offers from  them or just have to check Celebrity website often?   I have friends wanting me to sail with them and that would have been perfect. 

I heard about it on the Celebrity forum here, actually.  It's worth checking over them semi-frequently for info like that. 

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I heard about it on the Celebrity forum here, actually.  It's worth checking over them semi-frequently for info like that. 

I can hardly keep up with HAL forum, lol.  I’ll certainly try to watch the Celebrity forum too, thank you! 

I added the new promo to my sailing next March, my fare went down by $80 and now I have crew appreciation………depending upon the sailing date, when you booked, category your in, it may benefit you, always check……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1