Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

29 minutes ago, little britain said:

What a waste of a new ship. JMHO. 

That's what I thought when the newly Amped Navigator was put on short FL.  "What are they thinking?" was my response.  

Since that time though it's proven to be a brilliant business decision.  

• Like 2

3/4 day getaway calling at perfect day and Nassau with the new beach club on a brand new Oasis class ship - while not for me (We look at destination now rather than ship) I can see it being hugely popular and also hugely profitable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

3/4 day getaway calling at perfect day and Nassau with the new beach club on a brand new Oasis class ship - while not for me (We look at destination now rather than ship) I can see it being hugely popular and also hugely profitable.

I agree. We prefer longer cruises, and the vibe of those.  We won't sail short cruises, no matter how good the price.  We aren't into party cruises, which is what many of the shorter cruises turn out to be. 

• Like 3

What are they going to do with everyone who booked it last night? In one specific social media group, people are claiming they booked and it is showing in their Cruise planners.

I was able to get all the way to payment for a CL and 2 sky Jr suites. I didn't purchase because we have Allure on the same itinerary for half that and in star rather than sky. 

The itinerary is appealing to us this one time because we were going to just do a beach resort for the week but now, on a B2B, we have Beach Club, Hideaway Beach, and Nassau beach club x 2 with the bonus of star class.

Edited by cruise_co

9 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

What are they going to do with everyone who booked it last night? In one specific social media group, people are claiming they booked and it is showing in their Cruise planners.

I was able to get all the way to payment for a CL and 2 sky Jr suites. I didn't purchase because we have Allure on the same itinerary for half that and in star rather than sky. 

The itinerary is appealing to us this one time because we were going to just do a beach resort for the week but now, on a B2B, we have Beach Club, Hideaway Beach, and Nassau beach club x 2 with the bonus of star class.

Typically they honor bookings made during test loads unless the pricing is so far off it's clearly a mistake, which I don't expect in this case.  

It's not the inaugural date and once the whole season is released the Nov. 18 date will be just another 4 night Utopia cruise.  There is nothing special about Nov. 18.  It's not Thanksgiving.  Not the first cruise, not anything that warrants special considerations.  

Once thousands have booked Utopia the Nov. 18 date will be just another cruise.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

It is a valid booking.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Typically they honor bookings made during test loads unless the pricing is so far off it's clearly a mistake, which I don't expect in this case.  

It's not the inaugural date and once the whole season is released the Nov. 18 date will be just another 4 night Utopia cruise.  There is nothing special about Nov. 18.  It's not Thanksgiving.  Not the first cruise, not anything that warrants special considerations.  

Heard there was some TA on FB advertising this as the inaugural, I guess they blocked a group and are promoting it...they are going to have a few upset people if anyone believes them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Thanks! That is great for them. But I anticipate a bunch of unhappy people when they realize it is not the inaugural cruise, lol.

I will take the old Allure that goes to the same place for far less than Utopia. And we have our favorite Star Loft which is not on Wonder or Utopia. 

At least the prices were not as outrageous as Icon. And I do like the sky Jr suites for our kids for a future booking. I am sure we will be on her someday. Just for comparison, the 2 bedroom A1 was over 11k for 4 days on Utopia, on Allure it was about 4,500 for 3 people when I initially booked. I could add another 4 day for that if I wanted Nassau 3x (no thanks.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Heard there was some TA on FB advertising this as the inaugural, I guess they blocked a group and are promoting it...they are going to have a few upset people if anyone believes them.

That must be the posts I read that people were so excited to be booking the inaugural. 

5 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I agree. We prefer longer cruises, and the vibe of those.  We won't sail short cruises, no matter how good the price.  We aren't into party cruises, which is what many of the shorter cruises turn out to be. 

Same here. Except couple 6 & 8 niters part of B4B last yr it 's been 22yrs since last time I did a Cruise less then 10+ nites. But even back in 90's Royal did lot of 3, 4, and 5 nite Cruises. Once did a 5 nite Bahama Cruise out of Port Canaveral. Would be putting along at 3kts during day and one nite we were at a dead stop. It woke me up as weren't tipping but whole Ship rocked side to side. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is a valid booking.

Yes they are. I've gotten amazing deals at times and they were honored. They were added to my cruise planner automatically just minutes after booking.