Tropical Storm Ian to Become Hurricane with Florida in Its Path

alaska2023

51 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mariner is staying out until Friday afternoon sometime

Werent they due back tomorrow morning? A few extra days added on!   I remember Dorian and the folks that got an 11 night cruise on Harmony while mine was reduced to 3 nights lol. What a stressful week that was!     I took the FCC and finally made it to Alaska last year.   

Edited by ryano

4 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Up close and personal live stormchaser site with their commentaries on what they're seeing, also including some remote cameras placed ahead of the storm - click on the "eye" icon on each chaser name to watch:

https://livestormchasing.com/map

image.png.ba2faf5c3a0b6b00beb2f7a86a02de53.png

Thanks for sharing.  I downloaded the app on my IPhone. Can't believe some people don't drydock their boats. That sailboat flailing in the wind is scary. 

17 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm supposed to be flying from DFW to MIA on Friday morning, landing in MIA around 2pm, cruising on Allure on Saturday *fingers crossed*

I won't drive it, so only way to get there is to fly. It is what it is....it is a nail biter for all involved...but trying to keep things in perspective, feel so bad for the people getting a direct hit. 

WE must be on the same flight, see you onboard or in DFW waiting for new plane or departure. I think the biggest cause for concern is the plane coming from Savanah, GA and not conditions at MIA 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Oh, I misunderstood. He actually likes the level of the water higher.

TBH, I'm not sure of his specific complaint or preference. He might think it's too high or too low at times.

We get along great and he treats my wife and I well (family cruise in GS's last summer went so well he's treating the fam to another on Wonder next June). He just has his idiosyncrasies like all of us.

15 hours ago, BobCat1952 said:

We board the Harmony on Sunday the 2nd, I think if the port stays in-tact it will-be a go.

My daughter will be getting off on Sunday. Just praying the Orlando airport will have power and they can get home. What a mess. Although she has said the seas are calm. Only day of rain was yesterday in Nassau. They're having a blast! Good luck to you!

49 minutes ago, iuki said:

We buy the low sodium Spam.  Still has the flavor but not not salty at all.

I’ve tried that one too and still to salty for me. It’s weird because I like salt and my husband doesn’t. He doesn’t think Spam is to salty, but yet I do.🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I'm in NSB and just lost power about an hour ago. Surprised that it lasted that long 

Our condo is in Bradenton, but we are not there.  FPL shows energy usage by the hour and usually the a/c runs 3-4 times a day while we are gone.  It shows no usage since 5 a.m. yesterday, so either low temperatures or no power.  We aren’t there to be uncomfortable, but we got caught with a lot of food in the freezer. We froze a cup of water before we left and put a quarter on top of the ice.  Crossing our fingers that the quarter is not on the bottom of the cup when we return.

The rain bands look to be mostly clear of Canaveral now, but they still have winds. I hope they didn’t have too much damage. 

When daylight hits, we’ll see how catastrophic the damage was in Punta Gorda and Ft. Myers. I know the causeway to Sanibel is damaged badly. 😔