Whiskey lovers beware!

Rickster

Just returned from Bermuda on the Enchantment of the Seas and the selection of whiskey on board was very limited.    No Crown Royal, Bulliet, Woodford, Jim Beam and on and on.  One bar had a bottle of Makers, Buffalo Trace was very scarce.  Probably the only brand fully stocked was Wild Turkey 101.  The gift shop was fully stocked.  RCI should have placed some of these bottles in their bars.  Thankfully I did not purchase a drink package.  We did find an excellent bartender at the Schooner Bar who took pretty good care of us.  Overall a great cruise to Bermuda and back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rickster said:

Just returned from Bermuda on the Enchantment of the Seas and the selection of whiskey on board was very limited.    No Crown Royal, Bulliet, Woodford, Jim Beam and on and on.  One bar had a bottle of Makers, Buffalo Trace was very scarce.  Probably the only brand fully stocked was Wild Turkey 101.  The gift shop was fully stocked.  RCI should have placed some of these bottles in their bars.  Thankfully I did not purchase a drink package.  We did find an excellent bartender at the Schooner Bar who took pretty good care of us.  Overall a great cruise to Bermuda and back.

we just got off the Harmony and had no problems getting any of this…

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

No Crown Royal on Ovation.  One of the bartenders said something about RCI falling out of contract with someone.  It was a bummer because Washington apple martinis are one of my favorite drinks.  

1/3 whiskey with mixers. Zero percent chance you can tell the difference with another whiskey. 

if you want to taste it, drink it straight, not watered down with mixers. 

• Like 5

Crown Royal is not supplying any of the cruise lines for their bars currently. Claiming supply chain issues.

It's also not possible for them to get alcohol from the shops to put in the bar. The alcohol purchased for the shops is purchased duty free with the intent of resell. The alcohol purchased for the bars is priced differently from that point of view. 

13 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

1/3 whiskey with mixers. Zero percent chance you can tell the difference with another whiskey. 

If you’re a Crown drinker you can taste bourbon even with a mixer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Crown Royal is not supplying any of the cruise lines for their bars currently. Claiming supply chain issues.

It's also not possible for them to get alcohol from the shops to put in the bar. The alcohol purchased for the shops is purchased duty free with the intent of resell. The alcohol purchased for the bars is priced differently from that point of view. 

Funny I like crown among many other brands, went to a party for a couple celebrating there anniversary last night , they know I prefer hard liquor to wine so they bought me a bottle of crown .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

At our local Total Wine, a staff member told us that they are having trouble getting it for their stores. I do believe it is a supply chain issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

At our local Total Wine, a staff member told us that they are having trouble getting it for their stores. I do believe it is a supply chain issue. 

Maybe I should put my bottle that I have at home on eBay.  😄  Bought it years ago for $10 on a Norwegian cruise; still unopened.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I drink mostly Scotch, so as long as they don't run out of Johnny Walker, Chivas or Macallan, I'll be fine.  If I have to drink Dewar's, you might be hearing about it in the news! 🤣

????????

I thought you drank Scotch?????

😄 😄

• Haha 3

Celebrity was having the same problem. Had the premium package, only trouble was the only "premium" whiskey they had left was Maker's Mark.   I generally drink Scotch but the only scotch they had was Dewars, Can't drink that so I settled for bourbon.

And I got used to drinking Guinness when I was in Ireland. Got the last two cans on the ship, that's all they had. Went to every bar multiple times, asked the bar managers on several occasions. None to be had. What a bummer.

56 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Celebrity was having the same problem. Had the premium package, only trouble was the only "premium" whiskey they had left was Maker's Mark.   I generally drink Scotch but the only scotch they had was Dewars, Can't drink that so I settled for bourbon.

And I got used to drinking Guinness when I was in Ireland. Got the last two cans on the ship, that's all they had. Went to every bar multiple times, asked the bar managers on several occasions. None to be had. What a bummer.

I feel your pain.

22 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Excellent point.  That's how I drink Scotch and Tequila.  Sipping, not swallow it all.  Only reason to drink top shelf booze.  

• Like 4

We were on Oasis out of NJ in May. One of my travel mates wanted a White Zinfindel to drink and the waiter told us that this type of wine was currently unavailable across the fleet. Must be supply chain problems...... Too bad for those who buy "the package", if they drink this type normally. Many other wine types available, but not all the wine brands that may be shown on their " liquor menus".

On a positive note for me....Truly Spiked Seltzer are now available, but not all flavors/types. Yay!

On 9/25/2022 at 11:03 AM, 1025cruise said:

On 9/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, The sea calls my name said:

We've been told by a whiskey connoisseur that the supply chain disruption is with the bottle companies. They haven't been able to produce enough bottles.

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

We've been told by a whiskey connoisseur that the supply chain disruption is with the bottle companies. They haven't been able to produce enough bottles.

Maybe the distillers need to start a “send in your empty bottle” program—we had a Bourbon deficiency on Anthem in January and it was not fun, lol 

• Like 2