Safe in Naples and want to thank friends from here who reached out

Host CJSKIDS

I know this goes against guidelines because it not about princess but then again maybe it is since I'm the princess host. Then again it also about the strength of members on here who have checked on me and how cruising gives you life long friends  

This has been a very long, stressful and hot day (no power) but I'm still here. The absolute devastation and flooding in my beautiful Naples is mind blowing. Im

Crying seeing the pictures and afraid of what I will see tomorrow in the daylight. At one point we though our French doors were going to give way. After all these hurricanes, this is the worse and my town is changed a some time to come. 

thank you @CRLess for getting my room last night and you and Brenda wanting to take care of me. and telling me to come. I love you guys. Thank you frank  @astroflyer for  emailing me. Thank you @arizonabirdmom  (julie) for keeping in touch while you are on vacation.

And Laura and Jenn. Thank you. 

Ive met some of the greatest people on this site and it's what it's all about  so from the bottom of my heart, thank you. 

now if someone could get my power back 😂🍾

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Carolyn…thanks for the updates to know that you’re okay despite the devastation in your beautiful Naples.

I was glued to the TV watching reports hoping for the best outcome for you. Hopefully you’ll soon get power back to be more comfortable & to return to some semblance of normality. 💡🔋🔦

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I know this goes against guidelines

If Cruise Critic Members reaching out to one another in times of need, and reports back thanking people for same is against the guidelines, then the guidelines need to change!!

Glad you are safe, healthy and in good spirits.  Hoping for the best in the upcoming days for you and everyone impacted by this storm.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Carolyn, I’m very relieved to hear you are safe. Thank you for the update.  Property damage can be repaired. People damage cannot. 39 years ago this week we were honeymooning at Tween Waters Inn on Captiva. I fear it may be gone now, but our memories will remain forever. 

Captiva and Sanibel are definitely cut off from Ft Meyers.

The Sanibel causeway has quite a bit of damage.  Sanibel and Captiva.

So much damage in Ft Meyers. Prayers for those folks too.

Stay safe and let us know how you’re doing in Naples.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Carolyn,

Thinking of you. That storm was supposed to be a direct hit here in Tampa Bay area (St Pete/Tampa) and we got lucky. No real damage here but just got power back after 27 hours and can't imagine what it will be like for you. Thankfully, here in St Pete, it was a cool, cloud-covered day and wish you the same as the heat here is brutal. Wishing you well. Reach out if there is anything I can possibly do.

Wow - just read the thread - hope all is better today ... we just got power about an hour or so ago since Wed around 6 pm... yeah it looks bad over there - we we're very, very fortunate here ...

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2

It looks awful but so glad you are safe. I remember after Andrew we couldn't understand how anything could ever be back to normal. It was unrecognizable. But I believe in the strength of the human spirit and Mother Nature to heal.

It will be difficult but we Floridians are a strong bunch. Stay safe, know people are always sending prayers, and keep the faith. We will also pray for those that lost their live.  Again, glad you are safe, that you can't fix.