The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 21st, 2022

richwmn

Today is Babbling Day, Count Your Buttons Day, and International Nacho Day

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.--Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Meal Suggestion for today - Bacalhau com natas
Drink of the Day - Rye Squeeze
Wine of the Day - domaine chandon brut, california
Destination of the Day - Salvador da Bahia, Brazil

Eurodam

Corinto, Nicaragua, Leon City 08:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 10/24

Nieuw Amsterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida 08:00 - 18:00

Noordam

Kiritimati-Christmas Island, Line Islands, Kiribati 08:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy 14:00 -

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination New York, Caper Liberty Bayonne NJ-NYC eta 10/26

Volendam

At Sea Destination Trieste, Italy eta 10/22

Zaandam

Casablanca, Morocco 07:00 - 19:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam

Lautoka, Fiji 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Apia, Upolu Island, Samoa eta 10/23

1021World.thumb.png.0bfb2caee99444281cc8505f401fcd45.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 11

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Funny quote.

Not sure what the meal is.

Off to the course in a few minutes, will be happy when we change the clocks in 2 weeks as right now we are warming up on the range  in the dark.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

• Like 26

Good morning.  Happy Friday!  Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.

It's supposed to be a pleasant fall day for us today, sunny and a high of 15°C (59°F).  A nice change from all the rain we've had lately.

Babbling day?  Sounds like some politicians I've heard.  I have a couple of jars of buttons and I don't want to count them.  Nachos sound good.

Amusing quote.

Looking forward to reading about today's meal suggestion.

I'm sure the drink would be good, hope the wine is too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Friday report, Rich, and welcome to Port Canaveral (looks like you're on final approach).  I'll pass on the Nachos,  try not to babble too much, and don't really count buttons.  The quote strikes me as true.  I think I've been to today's port but not sure.  No idea what the meal is.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup, Japanese Chicken Yakitori, and Blueberry Crisp, as served on MS Amsterdam October 21, 2017:

dishes21.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP kochleffel’s friend Fran 10/16/22
RIP StLouisCruiser friend Beverly 10/18/22
HAL4NOW testing positive on Koningsdam
Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
Quaartzite Cruiser DH with post surgery complications
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Birthday week with sister for Seasick Sailor
Birthday week for SusieKIslandGirl
Aliaschief off for a river cruise
New apartment for Cruzin Terri
DD and DSIL helping Quartzite Cruiser
Another great golf score for Mister67
3 days for Oceansaway17 (Equinox 10/24 to 11/3)
2 Days for Cruisin Single (American Star 10/23 to 10/30)
 Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25), Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good morning everyone.  Oddly enough I always count my buttons when I’m buttoning up my shirt in the morning, must be the accountant in me.  Nachos are always welcome but babblers are not.  Not sure what the meal suggestion is so I’ll wait for the recipe to decide. I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.  Happy Friday!

• Like 23

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days - I think I will pass on them all.  I hope I don’t start babbling.  LOL on today’s quote - so true 🙂 

Looking forward to the meal and wine description.

I think I need to go and stock up on cardbordeaux today.  One problem resolved and 2 more hit me - one is do-able - the other is just plain wrong and expensive.  Not a happy camper at all with HAL right now.  I was literally sick when I got off the phone. Not sure how you can give a price and then turn around and charge nearly 50% more after paying. 😡  Definitely cardbordeaux needed.

D712F685-1175-4D3C-93C7-EBB308DE1E5F.thumb.jpeg.48dcdeb8e20fdb36afe4ecc89e44f447.jpeg

Working on the remaining clean up outside today or at least as much as can be done at this stage.  I am not very enthusiastic about it or much right now. 😉 

C4393E8D-9598-4EC5-8918-796F4D1DC7EB.thumb.jpeg.c3850b15e8eaf7c54acfc0f9eca8f325.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them, for those in Ukraine, suffering from Ian & Fiona and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a Good Friday everyone !!!!!!

0B2C555A-5E28-4AD8-B9E7-CE4E6F856C68.jpeg.c625ed20a4b62f7118e9891f4d9ad4a7.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when/where needed.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!!  The meal sounds Portuguese.  I wonder if cod fish is involved.  I do not like rye, so I will pass on the drink, although the wine sounds interesting. I've never been to Brazil. 

Edited by 4966and556
spelling mistake
  • Like 26

Rye Squeeze cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Alberta® Rye Dark Batch™ Whisky
4 - 5 parts Ginger Beer
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
1 pressed, fresh Orange Wedges
Orange Peel

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a lowball or rocks glass; shake, fill with ice, top with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with a rolled orange peel.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 7.35.28 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It was nice to watch the NS arrive in port today.  I hope to remember to watch sail away.  I’m not sure what today’s meal suggestion is so will wait for pictures and recipes.  Today I’m planning on reviewing our ballot questions since we will be doing early voting tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.6683b3045d43383e256bb3debbb2bfb4.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 15

Thank you for starting my day off right with the Report & Daily, Rich!  Roy, thank you for taking care of our lists. 

It is a bit warmer this morning, and the breeze is more from the West than North. It is lovely weather. Just unusual.

Off to the gym for a couple classes. Then getting together with friends later. Possibly for dinner.

1086102C-3472-4005-BA99-B6B38433773A.jpeg.098e460d1f25361ae1b58ece42e1e976.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Domaine chandon brut, california

This sparkling wine has excellent reviews from both consumers and critics. And with online prices starting at $15.97, it won’t break the bank. I believe I enjoyed this on a BHB. Perhaps at a wine tasting. 

Winemaker Notes

This wine offers the balance and elegance that has become Chandon's hallmark style. When you taste Brut Classic, look for nutty flavors with hints of brioche that build to a refreshingly dry finish. The wine delivers complex apple and pear characteristics accented by citrus spice over notes of almond and caramel in the bouquet.

Chandon California Brut is great with anything salty, creamy or nutty. It’s particularly fond of shellfish, crab, oysters, fried chicken, and Caesar salad.

D95 Decanter

Elegant and vibrant aromas of crisp apples, zesty yellow citrus and touches of creamy notes. Very smooth and soft on the palate, harmonious, with fine bubbles. Blend: 70% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Noir.

SJ92 The Somm Journal

The luxe packaging may be brand-new, but when it comes to what’s inside, Domaine Chandon knows full well not to fix what ain’t broke: The multiregional, traditionalmethod blend of 73% Chardonnay, 26% Pinot Noir, and 1% Pinot Meunier is a sure bet for everyday bubbly. Scents of ripe Anjou pear, apple butter, and sweet florals attend a palate that starts out crisp as lace, then quickly spreads out on the mid-palate, juicy to the finish with apricot nectar and grapefruit rin

TP91 Tasting Panel

Ripe, succulent nose; smooth, lush, and rounded with a dense, fruity style. Rich, elegant, and long with depth and considerable finesse.

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
 I tasted and retailed the first release of the Chandon Brut in December 1976. I had visited Domaine Chandon's offices in Yountville before the winery existed. I think the winery was called M&H Company, but I'll have to refer to my earliest notebooks if my notes still exist. Domaine Chandon Yountville marked a new direction for the world of California sparkling wines, and the industry has never looked back. The Chandon Brut is steady as it has always been. This wine is subtle, fresh, almost complex, and perfect. Its aromas and flavors of dried herbs, tart fruit, and chalk would be a beautiful way to start dinner. Pair it with a raw seafood bar or just enjoy it by itself. 
WS90 Wine Spectator

This easygoing sparkler is a delight to sip, with appealing honeysuckle, apple and roasted nut tones, ending with a brisk finish. Drink now.

WE90 Wine Enthusiast

Toasty, buttery aromas and a rich palate of peaches and vanilla give this forward wine plenty to savor. A creamy mouthfeel goes nicely with the generous flavors.

JS90 James Suckling

Red apple, lemon rind and some brioche character. Smooth bubbles and pleasant, fresh acidity helps balance the generosity here, giving a vibrant feel. Not complex, but delightful. A blend of chardonnay and pinot noir. Bottled in March 2021. Drink now.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  Still only 35F this morning but we will be at about 70 later with sunshine.  Good day to stand in line to vote early.  Then lunch out I hope. Today my siblings and I will celebrate the earthly birthday of our Mom who passed away a little over 10 years ago.  She would have been 103.😇

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor this Daily and Fleet Report.  Nice to see where ths ships are, and nice to see the Port Canaveral cam posted by Roy and link by @Crazy For Cats.  I hope I don't babble, but babies sure are cute when they do it.  Don't know why we need to count buttons, though I have plenty of those little packets with extra buttons that come with an item when you purchase a blouse, dress, etc.  I've never really needed those extra buttons though.  I like nachos so will be glad to celebrate that.  True quote but once again I have no idea what the menu suggestion is.  That happens a lot lately.   The wine sounds interesting.  The port of the day is Salvador da Bahia, Brazil which was last posted by Rich on Nov. 17, 2021.  Yes, I was there once.  Thanks for any pictures you might post.  I'll include mine too.  As for the Care and Celebration lists, thank you Roy @rafinmdfor updating and posting them today.  I prayed for all on the Care list, the Ukraine people, and those suffering from the wildfires and hurricanes Ian and Fiona.  I'm glad to hear rain or other precipation is coming for our Pacific NW.  Prayers also for friend Beverly and family, as well as neighbor Linda and family.  I hope she comes home soon.  I've seen a couple of cars over at her house recently doing whatever it is that they were sent there for.  Perhaps Linda is coming home soon?  Who knows, but I'll let you know when that happens.  Cheers for those on our Celebration lists.  Hope @HAL4NOWis doing okay and the Mrs. is negative still.  Get better fast!

On Feb. 13, 2015 the Ruby Princess stopped in Salvadaor da Bahia, Brazil on a very hot day.  (DH and I were on this South America cruise with  @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and her DH).  We headed out from the ship passing by and through the Mercado Modelo on our way to the Elevador Lacerda.  Local spelling, not mine.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwHBXvgIrE8NKMmfdCyN02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214252

The Elevador Lacerda is one way of transiting between the lower part of town and the upper part where the old city center called Pelourinho, is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEcVZc7jLZvC_HM1TsZvcC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

At the top.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTQHJmOyPL75-vgVXKMWbn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

The Mercado Modelo where we had just been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVSAYJxM8cnHJfg5psHw6d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214075

Our ship is off in the distance hidden slightly by the buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLY1cmcv497V6MbX6XZtHJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214077

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpOKBNTZNIMD3_BhBBHVUD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214148

Everywhere we went there were signs of Carnival.  You know it's hot that day if DH is wearing shorts.  That doesn't happen often!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGPvW3Qpw43TyVAMQfAdhE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214161

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj4tWZO-CaLzuB5ss9ZjDa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214166

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9KhvlBZfP8IXrWyLRfqtF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214169

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKhsWG98JDJamxgJDjdscn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7HzPiv2dszdLOMdD22S0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214186

Drums!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLldtbeCGCiFZG_fyu1rvvT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214187

St. Peter of the Clergymen Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIouFwIb08dQOVfHXgZgS02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214177

Another church - St. Francis Church and Convent00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItmHnIihPcsnO3adshbsRW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214211

Very ornate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiOFWXAXSRWHm80si7Bttw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214206

I thought this hotel was so beautiful and well kept. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISoLlmp22pQsztzgycTP0j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214217

I was intriqued by these roofs and the pattern on them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIV_QKEGAQ_mZjlIFtPzg4W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214194

Our trip back down to the lower section was by the Plano Inclinado de Goncalves funicular00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm04wpysXeJ_SLn7-NZi3z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4f6lfW7eiiWcNJRMhQHt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214244

The woman in control00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKh4SNFdQcH0Ay_jMau5_8Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214247

We enjoyed our walk through Salvador, but remember to always be alert and not wear jewelry when walking around in Brazil.  Many times tourists are robbed by brazen thieves roaming the streets.  Now it's happening here in the U.S. which needs to be addressed soon!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon from Toulon, France. So far all is going along just perfect. There is 128 guest on-board and the large majority are Americans. We had a fine dinner last night with great amiable service. The cruise is all inclusive to the point we didn’t even have to show a credit card. Of course at the price charged you just pay up front. 
I was going to show some food pics of last night’s dinner but I couldn’t download them at this moment.

In an hour we are headed for our first excursion which is a walk foraging with dogs for truffles and I believe that includes some wine and truffle tastings.

Asked bar waiter last night if they had Crown Royal as it’s on the list but they can’t get it. I have heard this from other cruise bloggers on different lines. I settled for the Lagavulin 16.

We had our safety drill this morning where we all headed up to top deck and donned our life vest. With no life boats it may be a swim to shore. The temperatures over here have have been unseasonably warm. Currently 70 but we actually had day in 80’s.

So it’s time to get ready for our truffle hunt!

Thanks for the reports.

Au Voir!

• Like 30

23 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

The meal sounds Portuguese.  I wonder if cod fish is involved. 

You are correct!  Bacalhau means cod.  This is the second time in seven days we have dish made with salt cod. 

Bacalhau com natas is one of the most famous Portuguese dishes made with salted cod. The dish is a combination of soaked or boiled cod topped with diced fried potatoes, generously doused with cream, and baked until golden brown in color. Since it is extremely popular, it appears in numerous versions.  The dish often incorporates onions, béchamel sauce instead of cream, cheese, white wine, and a variety of spices. A staple restaurant dish, bacalhau com natas is also an indispensable part of Portuguese Christmas tradition.

This bacalhau com natas recipe is a mixture of cod cooked in milk with cream, bechamel sauce, potatoes, and fried onions. All this is baked and covered with a crispy gratin cheese crust.  https://www.authenticfoodquest.com/bacalhau-com-natas-recipe-portuguese/

Bacalhau Com Natas by Authentic Food Quest

This recipe reminds us to plan ahead because the salt cod need to soak in water for at least 24 hours to remove the salt.  https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/fish/cod-with-cream-bacalhau-com-natas.html

Cod With Cream  (bacalhau Com Natas)

This recipe uses fresh cod that is cooked in milk prior to proceeding with the recipe.  https://portugueserecipes.ca/recipe/925/14/Portuguese-Cod-with-Cream-Recipe

Portuguese Bacalhau com Natas Recipe

BONUS RECIPE:  Last time we had cod, I told you Croquetas de Bacalao reminded me of Baltimore coddies.  Today’s recipes remind me of crab imperial casserole.  Here is an easy delicious recipe for it. High quality blue crab meat is the key to this dish. https://www.seriouseats.com/crab-imperial-maryland-recipe

A spoonful of crab imperial overlooking a casserole dish where it's taken from.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

35 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Still only 35F this morning but we will be at about 70 later with sunshine.  Good day to stand in line to vote early.  Then lunch out I hope. Today my siblings and I will celebrate the earthly birthday of our Mom who passed away a little over 10 years ago.  She would have been 103.😇

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor this Daily and Fleet Report.  Nice to see where ths ships are, and nice to see the Port Canaveral cam posted by Roy and link by @Crazy For Cats.  I hope I don't babble, but babies sure are cute when they do it.  Don't know why we need to count buttons, though I have plenty of those little packets with extra buttons that come with an item when you purchase a blouse, dress, etc.  I've never really needed those extra buttons though.  I like nachos so will be glad to celebrate that.  True quote but once again I have no idea what the menu suggestion is.  That happens a lot lately.   The wine sounds interesting.  The port of the day is Salvador da Bahia, Brazil which was last posted by Rich on Nov. 17, 2021.  Yes, I was there once.  Thanks for any pictures you might post.  I'll include mine too.  As for the Care and Celebration lists, thank you Roy @rafinmdfor updating and posting them today.  I prayed for all on the Care list, the Ukraine people, and those suffering from the wildfires and hurricanes Ian and Fiona.  I'm glad to hear rain or other precipation is coming for our Pacific NW.  Prayers also for friend Beverly and family, as well as neighbor Linda and family.  I hope she comes home soon.  I've seen a couple of cars over at her house recently doing whatever it is that they were sent there for.  Perhaps Linda is coming home soon?  Who knows, but I'll let you know when that happens.  Cheers for those on our Celebration lists.  Hope @HAL4NOWis doing okay and the Mrs. is negative still.  Get better fast!

On Feb. 13, 2015 the Ruby Princess stopped in Salvadaor da Bahia, Brazil on a very hot day.  (DH and I were on this South America cruise with  @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and her DH).  We headed out from the ship passing by and through the Mercado Modelo on our way to the Elevador Lacerda.  Local spelling, not mine.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwHBXvgIrE8NKMmfdCyN02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214252

The Elevador Lacerda is one way of transiting between the lower part of town and the upper part where the old city center called Pelourinho, is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEcVZc7jLZvC_HM1TsZvcC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

At the top.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJTQHJmOyPL75-vgVXKMWbn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214072

The Mercado Modelo where we had just been.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVSAYJxM8cnHJfg5psHw6d?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214075

Our ship is off in the distance hidden slightly by the buildings.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLY1cmcv497V6MbX6XZtHJr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214077

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJpOKBNTZNIMD3_BhBBHVUD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214148

Everywhere we went there were signs of Carnival.  You know it's hot that day if DH is wearing shorts.  That doesn't happen often!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGPvW3Qpw43TyVAMQfAdhE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214161

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIj4tWZO-CaLzuB5ss9ZjDa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214166

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9KhvlBZfP8IXrWyLRfqtF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214169

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKKhsWG98JDJamxgJDjdscn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214183

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7HzPiv2dszdLOMdD22S0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214186

Drums!!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLldtbeCGCiFZG_fyu1rvvT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214187

St. Peter of the Clergymen Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIouFwIb08dQOVfHXgZgS02?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214177

Another church - St. Francis Church and Convent00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItmHnIihPcsnO3adshbsRW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214211

Very ornate00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiOFWXAXSRWHm80si7Bttw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214206

I thought this hotel was so beautiful and well kept. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISoLlmp22pQsztzgycTP0j?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214217

I was intriqued by these roofs and the pattern on them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIV_QKEGAQ_mZjlIFtPzg4W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214194

Our trip back down to the lower section was by the Plano Inclinado de Goncalves funicular00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm04wpysXeJ_SLn7-NZi3z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214222

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4f6lfW7eiiWcNJRMhQHt3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214244

The woman in control00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKh4SNFdQcH0Ay_jMau5_8Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427214247

We enjoyed our walk through Salvador, but remember to always be alert and not wear jewelry when walking around in Brazil.  Many times tourists are robbed by brazen thieves roaming the streets.  Now it's happening here in the U.S. which needs to be addressed soon!

Interesting photos Sandi.

Thinking of you on what would have been your mam's 103rd birthday.

Graham 

0E28A08F-12A8-48E8-A080-FF0DF318DC39.gif.3041fde9886fd59f1bdcb8aa942c2699.gif

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. I can’t believe it but right now it is 35 degrees going up to 64. Winter is fast approaching and I hate the cold, ice and snow. The good thing about living here is if we get more than 3 inches they plow for us. Our shoveling days are over.

I can go with nachos and I think the quote is true. Heading to the senior center this afternoon to hear a music program on Cole Porter and then to the club house tonight for another music program. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 27

41 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good afternoon from Toulon, France. So far all is going along just perfect. There is 128 guest on-board and the large majority are Americans. We had a fine dinner last night with great amiable service. The cruise is all inclusive to the point we didn’t even have to show a credit card. Of course at the price charged you just pay up front. 
I was going to show some food pics of last night’s dinner but I couldn’t download them at this moment.

In an hour we are headed for our first excursion which is a walk foraging with dogs for truffles and I believe that includes some wine and truffle tastings.

Asked bar waiter last night if they had Crown Royal as it’s on the list but they can’t get it. I have heard this from other cruise bloggers on different lines. I settled for the Lagavulin 16.

We had our safety drill this morning where we all headed up to top deck and donned our life vest. With no life boats it may be a swim to shore. The temperatures over here have have been unseasonably warm. Currently 70 but we actually had day in 80’s.

So it’s time to get ready for our truffle hunt!

Thanks for the reports.

Au Voir!

During our safety drill on a river cruise, we also headed to the top and we’re told, in all seriousness, that if the boat sank only our feet would get wet!

• Like 14
  • Haha 13

Good morning Dailyites. Thanks Rich, Roy, and food and beverage gals. 

My sweet sis went home yesterday. Our time went by way too fast. On Wednesday I invited 14 women over for my sister's going away party. People brought so much food we will eat for days. The weather was perfect on our back patio with the fireplace and candles lit. 

Last night we had our Mahjongg girls and they surprised me with a "private Mahjongg maven party". The ladies made pulled pork, coleslaw, pumpkin macaroni, pumpkin muffins, and Mexican martini's, and presents.

Well, I weighed this morning and see that I've gained 3 pounds this week!! 

image.png.ddf5ad033498b2eef124c39dbf9c8659.png

Prayers and thoughts out to our Daily friends. Sandi, Jacqui, thinking of you..

I'm so saddened by news of Ukraine. Lives shattered for generations to come.

Sending blessings out for a safe and happy weekend. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1