Is it worth it to go to Wonderland again?

Jenna

My husband and I went to Wonderland on Symphony in December. We are sailing out next Saturday on Anthem and this time we bought the UDP. Is it worth it to go to Wonderland again? I don't know if the shtick would get old or, since they choose the meals, we would get all repeat items.

Thanks!

Good evening,

Just back off the odyssey. We had the UDP also. We tried every restaurant once to start. We would never go back to Wonderland again. We found the food poor in comparison to other specialty venues. It’s style over substance for sure. Whoever thinks that tomato water is edible needs shooting….the majority was bland and uninspiring. 

Cheers 

Edited by Shrewsbury on Tour
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, Jenna said:

My husband and I went to Wonderland on Symphony in December. We are sailing out next Saturday on Anthem and this time we bought the UDP. Is it worth it to go to Wonderland again? I don't know if the shtick would get old or, since they choose the meals, we would get all repeat items.

Thanks!

We have also done Wonderland on Symphony and it was a decent experience.  Walked into Wonderland last week on Quantum,,, WOW.  It looks like they found a closet they didn't know what to do with, tables jammed together and the entire place is much smaller than the upstairs of Wonderland on Symphony.  In addition of being extremely small it was very dark with a really low ceiling.  Absolutely not worth your time or anticipation. 

Symphony--

IMG_3349.thumb.JPG.da9e76857f20df418bfd35fad4c1b6af.JPGIMG_3344.thumb.JPG.d029432a3740683935137f739923ccbb.JPG

Anthem..

image.png.177a5081ed71a9e34b9f201fbc52bb74.png

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

We did it on Odyssey and we might be one and done. It was an interesting experience and I don't regret going.  I'm just not sure I'd be interested in a repeat performance.  I might go back a second time if we had the UDP again but I'd never pay to go that one individually.

I have done Wonderland on Anthem and would do it again.  I would not have them pick my courses though, I would pick the courses that we enjoyed the most.  We loved the crab cones and the shrimp.  Tomato water on Anthem was delicious and very cold and refreshing.  We didn't love the tuna tartare, weird texture thing for us.  I would reduce the entrees to two, not the three we got before as it was too much food.  I would save room for desserts!

We did it on Symphony last October and liked it.  Did it again January on Harmony and enjoyed it again.   You don't have to have them pick all you eat.  If you know what you had on Symphony and want to try something new let your waiter now.  It will be awhile until we try it again.   Not because we don't like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have also done Wonderland on Symphony and it was a decent experience.  Walked into Wonderland last week on Quantum,,, WOW.  It looks like they found a closet they didn't know what to do with, tables jammed together and the entire place is much smaller than the upstairs of Wonderland on Symphony.  In addition of being extremely small it was very dark with a really low ceiling.  Absolutely not worth your time or anticipation. 

Symphony--

IMG_3349.thumb.JPG.da9e76857f20df418bfd35fad4c1b6af.JPGIMG_3344.thumb.JPG.d029432a3740683935137f739923ccbb.JPG

Anthem..

image.png.177a5081ed71a9e34b9f201fbc52bb74.png

If your only reason for going is how the room looks, perhaps.    That's not really why I choose to go, but to each their own

Did it once because we had a free specialty dinner as a perk from our TA. DW loved it. Not so much for me. Went very hungry and the show aspect of it delayed getting the food. Felt too 'Disney like' to me.  Too much flair and no substance.

Edited by coaster

3 hours ago, Jenna said:

Thanks!

Did you like it enough to do it again? Only you can answer that for yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s the way I see it, too.  

Of course, one of the nice things about the UDP is that you can go to more than one restaurant per night.  So, you could, for example, have heavy appetizers at one restaurant (sushi at Izumi perhaps) then later go to Wonderland. If you are not very hungry, make selections with the waitstaff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I felt like the short rib was the best I had on the ship. However, sometimes the “act” got a little too much and drawn out, but that could have just been our particular waiter. 

6 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I felt like the short rib was the best I had on the ship. However, sometimes the “act” got a little too much and drawn out, but that could have just been our particular waiter. 

I agree. The short rib was the only thing that was really that notable. 

Did it once to get photos. Did on Symphony with great view.

I would say waiters prefer groups of people instead of solo person.

I watched the food flow a lot but for me it was like pulling teeth to get suggestions and my waiter was stingy in what he ended up serving. Never again. 

11 hours ago, zeroed said:

I’ve never spoken to anyone who has ever been more than once. I don’t understand how they haven’t revamped it yet.  

6 times, three different ships.  All but the most recent of those occasions in the smaller, one floor version that the person above insists ruin the experience 

• Like 1

We've been twice, will not go again.  We loved trying it the first time and feel it was worth it, the second we were kinda roped in by traveling companions, but in December coming up, not so much.  I'm looking forward to trying  SeaPlex Playmakers and the 270 cafe on Odyssey.  And the Mason Jar on Wonder next year