Do the S Class Ships Have Gpod Pozza

mcrcruiser

On the Silhouette and Reflection S class ships they serve a pretty good Flatbread pizza (more like a regular pizza). in the Lawn Grill.  I woukd guess you could ask for it to be extra think.  When the Lawn Grill was first introduced and before Covid, you could make your own pizza including the crust. They also have a salad bar.  But this is a Speciality restaurant with an extra charge.

iMO the regular pizza in the OV is OK, but not great.  The salad bars are excellent.

38 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Had to stop in just to see what the heck a "Gpod Pozza" was...my first thought was OMG, what new technology do I have to learn now?? .... like the Ipod of yesterday....😁

As for the pizza, haven't found any pizza at sea that blows me away.

LOL yeah I made a typo  ,Happens every so often at 84  . My eyes have blinders on 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

On the Silhouette and Reflection S class ships they serve a pretty good Flatbread pizza (more like a regular pizza). in the Lawn Grill.  I woukd guess you could ask for it to be extra think.  When the Lawn Grill was first introduced and before Covid, you could make your own pizza including the crust. They also have a salad bar.  But this is a Speciality restaurant with an extra charge.

iMO the regular pizza in the OV is OK, but not great.  The salad bars are excellent.

When the Lawn Grill first opened years ago we ate there .;however ,never knew they had a pizza oven  . Once lived in NYC  & there was no better pizza ever made better than BY pizza made in a brick oven  ,Actually  ,the entire taste of NYC pizza was all due to the water which is filtered thru granite  , now we live in San  Diego & had to get used to local pizza  tastes

Hi, there, I have no idea at all what gpod is, nor pozza - you might want to edit the title of your thread in order to correct it.  I can only guess that you mean pizza for pozza and not sure at all what you meant by gpod.  Personally, I enjoy their pizza fleet wide - thin crust though not as crispy as I'd personally like it.  I do like that they have a shaker of hot pepper flakes for you to add to your taste.  Pizza like so much in life, is subjective.  Only you can judge.

1 minute ago, lexmiller said:

Hi, there, I have no idea at all what gpod is, nor pozza - you might want to edit the title of your thread in order to correct it.  I can only guess that you mean pizza for pozza and not sure at all what you meant by gpod.  Personally, I enjoy their pizza fleet wide - thin crust though not as crispy as I'd personally like it.  I do like that they have a shaker of hot pepper flakes for you to add to your taste.  Pizza like so much in life, is subjective.  Only you can judge.

can’t edit after 20mins, you can ask a mod…Mods also may fix on their own

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Hi, there, I have no idea at all what gpod is, nor pozza - you might want to edit the title of your thread in order to correct it.  I can only guess that you mean pizza for pozza and not sure at all what you meant by gpod.  

Wow , I guess you never made a mistake in your life 🙄

OP already apologize.

and if you could not figure out meaning , I truly feel sorry for you 😁

4B516ACB-6658-4CCB-889C-CAC5393474EA.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Don't be so hard on the man, after all he's doing great being on this forum at 84.  So, you couldn't figure out that gpod meant good?  The O is next to the P on the keyboard, so just a slip of an old finger that has probably done much good in earlier days.

I never eat pizza on a cruise.  i have enough trouble keeping my weight down with all the other good food that is available.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

Hi, there, I have no idea at all what gpod is, nor pozza - you might want to edit the title of your thread in order to correct it.  I can only guess that you mean pizza for pozza and not sure at all what you meant by gpod. 

If ypu tak tome to red te throde, it's very obvious what the OP meant....and he rather comically and good-naturedly apologized.  A little levity is good, I think.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5

On some Celebrity ships I have been on (so maybe not All of them) the Pizza station in the buffet would make a whole pizza to order with your choice of toppings!😘

Sorry only one choice of thickness of crust as far as I can tell.

14 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Love a good pizza & salad  .   Where on the S class ship or spefically soltice to get a good pizza & a salad  ? 

TIA 

The sauce is bland but makes a good snack if you are hungry.  Stay with the salad bar.

14 hours ago, ela123 said:

In the ocean view cafe pizza station and salad bar 

8 hours ago, D. B. said:

On some Celebrity ships I have been on (so maybe not All of them) the Pizza station in the buffet would make a whole pizza to order with your choice of toppings!😘

Sorry only one choice of thickness of crust as far as I can tell.

The thickness of the crust is typical of pizzas in Rome, not in the USA (which tends to have thicker crusts.). But DH and I love them.  (I prefer the vegetarian or Marguerite pizzas; he likse the pepperoni or Hawaiian ones.)

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:21 AM, jagoffee said:

When the Lawn Grill first opened years ago we ate there .;however ,never knew they had a pizza oven  . Once lived in NYC  & there was no better pizza ever made better than BY pizza made in a brick oven  ,Actually  ,the entire taste of NYC pizza was all due to the water which is filtered thru granite  , now we live in San  Diego & had to get used to local pizza  tastes

I recall the pizza  in the ocean view  buffet . It just been a very long time since we sailed on a  Celebrity  S class vessel  .  It seemed to be ok then so it seems to not have changed .

WE can now sail X because they  brought Soltice into the LA market   .Who knows for how log . We do not fly any longer 

If any one sails on Holland America  ,their new Pinnacle class ships ,Koningdam   sails from San Diego ,our home port   .This class of shjipchas great hand made  pizzas & salads together at the main pool area  one deck above the main pool   .They also serve sushi in the Lido buffet 

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

I recall the pizza  in the ocean view  buffet . It just been a very long time since we sailed on a  Celebrity  S class vessel  .  It seemed to be ok then so it seems to not have changed .

WE can now sail X because they  brought Soltice into the LA market   .Who knows for how log . We do not fly any longer 

If any one sails on Holland America  ,their new Pinnacle class ships ,Koningdam   sails from San Diego ,our home port   .This class of shjipchas great hand made  pizzas & salads together at the main pool area  one deck above the main pool   .They also serve sushi in the Lido buffet 

so many great places in S.D., start with Bronx Pizza

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

so many great places in S.D., start with Bronx Pizza

Could that be in little Italy  .Bronx  Pizza ,got to love it   . This is where I was raised in da Bronx  & iI ate lots of NY cheese pizza,.the best in this world