The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday November 28th, 2022

richwmn

@rafinmd Thank you for the link to your blog post from Port Louise.  

After enjoying your photos and commentary, I looked at the menus from the Amsterdam in 2014.  Wow!   I love the way it is divided into “Starters” and “Soups & Salads”. (It should still be like this in the Pinnacle, I can’t get over charging $7 for an additional appetizer.). Eight years later, some items remain the same but the changes are evident.  Remember when you could have shrimp cocktail every day without an up charge? If anyone else is in the mood to take a walk down memory lane here’s Roy’s link

https://wcmedley2014.wordpress.com/menus/amsterdam-menus/

• Like 15

It's been terribly hectic here.  I have a schedule kind of like @dobiemom's -- a bit unrealistic.  But dipping in and out of the Daily, one thing really jumps out.  Sincere and heartfelt condolences to @JazzyVVanessa and BFF and their family and friends.  I was so happy for you, Vanessa, that you were going on your cruise.  Seems like you've been hunkered down longer than most.  And then to have such a sad thing happen...

Thinking of you and BFF and your circle.

Maxine

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Fleet Report

Woke up to good news for a change, my goddaughter (my neice) announced her engagement.  Nice fellow, couldn't be happier for her.  This family needed some good news, way too many deaths and such the last few years.

Cold day at work, saw a few flakes, not looking forward to snow, our city can't handle it and everything shuts down. 

Since I am apparently stupid, how does one highlight a person on this board? The little blue box?

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, lobsternight said:

Woke up to good news for a change, my goddaughter (my neice) announced her engagement.  Nice fellow, couldn't be happier for her.  This family needed some good news, way too many deaths and such the last few years.

Cold day at work, saw a few flakes, not looking forward to snow, our city can't handle it and everything shuts down. 

Since I am apparently stupid, how does one highlight a person on this board? The little blue box?

Congrats on your niece’s engagement!  

To get the blue bubble as we call it, type @ and the person’s log in name exactly as they show it. Names should pop up directly below it and you can then click on the appropriate name. Having an avatar picture helps choose the correct one immensely. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hi @lobsternight from a fellow Canadian who married an American. 

To highlight someone's name do shift 2 (@) and then start typing the person's handle. They'll pop up and you'll see it in blue. 

I agree that the lower mainland tends to shut down if there's snow! I was born in Kamloops and raised in Coquitlam. I married an American 45 years ago and here I sit. Still a Canadian citizen though. 

Karen

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@lobsternight You are not stupid!  I ask the same question when I started posting on the Daily😉.  

In Baltimore, all the weather person needs to do is predict snow and the schools close and the city begins to close too.

And forget about finding toilet paper in the stores if snow is predicted.  I grew up in Central New York.  My school district had a snow plow that put anything in Maryland to shame, although things here have gotten better in recent times.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

Good evening, time for a late check-in.  

@JazzyVmy heartfelt condolences on the passing of your BFF's DF.  I'm sure he felt comforted by your presence to the point that he was able to let go, knowing his son had someone to lean on.  Sending you both caring hugs across the miles.

Well it continued to snow throughout the day - we only shoveled once, this morning and said let the rest fall and we'll deal with it tomorrow.  It's cold and dark now, so there's no point in changing that plan.

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@rafinmd Thank you for the link to your blog post from Port Louise.  

After enjoying your photos and commentary, I looked at the menus from the Amsterdam in 2014.  Wow!   I love the way it is divided into “Starters” and “Soups & Salads”. (It should still be like this in the Pinnacle, I can’t get over charging $7 for an additional appetizer.). Eight years later, some items remain the same but the changes are evident.  Remember when you could have shrimp cocktail every day without an up charge? If anyone else is in the mood to take a walk down memory lane here’s Roy’s link

https://wcmedley2014.wordpress.com/menus/amsterdam-menus/

I was on the Rotterdam's Africa cruise the same year as Roy did this segment of the world cruise.  I think a world cruise has an "upgraded menu" over even a long regular cruise like ours was.  Agreed, today's menus are not as extensive as 10 years ago.  

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

To get the blue bubble as we call it, type @ and the person’s log in name exactly as they show it. Names should pop up directly below it and you can then click on the appropriate name. Having an avatar picture helps choose the correct one immensely. 

@StLouisCruisersThanks for the blue bubble lesion!

• Like 13

7 hours ago, kazu said:

Of course - if you know when you are going - book today since they have a sale.  Type CYBER in the promo code.  It’s The Westgate - #4 on tripadvisor.  My friends stay there often and recommended it to me and it looks beautiful.  Prices are very reasonable IMO.  Here is the link - https://www.westgatehotel.com/

Thank you!  I just picked dates out of the Blue. It does look nice and it’ll be good to stay somewhere different but still downtown. We both went to college there and spent our first 4 months of married life there so we really enjoy going back occasionally. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you!  I just picked dates out of the Blue. It does look nice and it’ll be good to stay somewhere different but still downtown. We both went to college there and spent our first 4 months of married life there so we really enjoy going back occasionally. 

Sharon we just rebooked at staypineapple hotel z in San Diego today. Thanks to @kazu I checked their website and got a cyber day 41% off! New price is $191! My sister lives in San Diego area and we love the Gas Lamp district.  Easy to walk to restaurants and shops. We booked March 25th for 2 nights after our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. Thank you Jacqui! 

Z King Suite Mobility Accessible w/Roll-in Shower
 | 1 King | 282 ft²
Average Nightly Rate $190.53
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

In Baltimore, all the weather person needs to do is predict snow and the schools close and the city begins to close too.

In Los Angeles, a parent once telephoned to ask whether school would be closed because there might be a small chance of rain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

27 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

In Los Angeles, a parent once telephoned to ask whether school would be closed because there might be a small chance of rain.

On September 1, 2021, schools in Baltimore County closed 3 hours early because remnants of Ida were expected to bring heavy rain to the area. 
@rafinmdI believe Howard county closed early too.95D11BAC-83A0-472E-AE14-94EA142406F3.jpeg.1a02be27cb4c72985ef9acb61e917d84.jpeg

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, 0106 said:

On September 1, 2021, schools in Baltimore County closed 3 hours early because remnants of Ida were expected to bring heavy rain to the area. 

WaPo, today: "When a plane crashed into a power line tower in Gaithersburg on Sunday evening, Montgomery County Public Schools announced that night all of its schools would be closed Monday due to ongoing power outages. But power was restored in all of the system’s impacted school buildings hours before classes would have started. Still, schools remained closed."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2022/11/28/montgomery-county-plane-crash-schools/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@StLouisCruisers Yay I learned something new  thanks

• Like 8

20 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 9 am here in Brazil but we are at our port of Santarem 3 hours early since they made good time last night.  When we tender to shore we will take a port shuttle to Fisherman Square and walk around the city. 

From yesterday, I want to repeat a message or two that were lost somehow.  The Volendam has new TVs now and I was able to find the officers on it.  The CD is Ryan Baird, but his bio was missing from the list.  He mentioned once this week that he lived in Ukraine and when he boarded this ship he met a Ukrainian crew member.  Comparing cities they found that they actually lived in the same area, then street, then apartment building.  Small world isn't it?  I also wanted to send my regards to Vanessa as she and her BFF make the difficult decision about BFF's DF.  Never easy.

Last evening we spent some time with Dixie @summer slopeand her DH before Dennis and I went to dinner.  We had some great discussions and hope to be able to do that again very soon.  I have a photo which is on my phone so will post it next.

Prayers for all on our Care list and cheers 🥂to all on the Celebration list. 

Port for today is Port Louis, Mauritius which was our port on Dec. 14, 2021.  I haven't been there before.  Here is the link to Rich's post from that date.

Have a wonderful day!  Happy anniversary wishes to my twin and her DH.  53 years just like my hubby and I.  They married 13 weeks after we did. 

Happy 53rd wedding anniversary to your twin and her husband Sandi.

Graham.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like Cyber Monday, love French toast! (but don't make it at home) and salute Mauritanian independence. Good quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink. I can't afford the wine!

I haven't been to Port Louis, Mauritius.

BFF and I spent a tiring 7 hours at his Dad's bedside yesterday. Then we left in the evening for dinner, having said our goodbyes, and went home. At about 11:45 pm the hospital called to tell us he had passed at 11:30. BFF went back alone for one last goodbye. He is now quite overwhelmed with all that has to be done. I'll go with him tomorrow to the funeral home to make arrangements. I appreciate all the prayers and support from the Daily family.

@seagarsmoker Good to hear you're 90%. Don't overdo it!

@MISTER 67 Good luck at the hand surgeon tomorrow and I hope he/she gives the ok to golf.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you. Happy Anniversary to your twin and her DH. Nice picture of you and Dixie.

@mamaofami I hope you stay well. Sorry you have to miss events and appointments.

@HAL Sailer Prayers for DSIL and all she is enduring.

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for giving me the brand of the furniture and for the prayers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I was happy to read of DH's progress and that he should be coming home soon.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear of your BFFs dad sadly passing.

Sending our condolences to you,your BFF and their family.

Graham.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!   
My deepest condolences Vanessa to your and your BFF!  Glad you were able to spend time together earlier in the day.  May you both find strength and peace.   
I am sorry so many are struggling here, sending my care and concern.

Have fun on the cruise Sandi and Dixie! 
@ger_77 have fun deciding on the new door,  I like both, depending on the main door.   We replaced ours several years ago, but it could use an update now,  but it’s the cost of a nice cruise.  
Well the house is quiet now that our little houseguest is gone.  Seems appropriate that the photo is upside down,  sorry, lol!

91C80C4D-9CD0-42D7-AD6A-9BEFD304B0F8.jpeg

Upside down photos happens a few times lately when I post photos.

I delete the photo and try again and it then posts the right way.

Beautiful dog.

Graham 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lobsternight said:

@lobsternightCongratulations to your niece on her engagement.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers

explained perfectly how to highlight names.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Good morning. Lower back muscles are better this morning but still will be treating with rest and heat. House and moi smells like a gym but the Icy Hot soothes.

After my post I believe I will remain in bed for a bit longer. Need to get this back issue treated and get on with life. Many things on To Do List.

Thanks for the Reports and post. Bruce

image.jpeg.21a336954995c518f5f94d75d6df654d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.374967b5cfd7d095db5bce4ded459780.jpegimage.jpeg.8682279689da0b1533b16a4673c63a4b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6cef0dd119f6ec995c4648557f75cf21.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c5bc9a3d26076a949dd050ee8016e048.jpegimage.jpeg.ae17970de373af87a803003641a3b03a.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7