Help - I have a cold

MOSusan

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Until they do - asked exact question OP is worried about at the pier three weeks ago. Not talking about the standard questions in the app, but by check in agents at the pier.

What ship and port?  Haven't seen anyone else report that.  

Congratulations on your diagnosis. 

You may want to see a doctor though before you leave as it may a bacterial infection and he can prescribe penicillin.

I was sick for a week and went to the walk in clinic ... had an infection in my throat, got the medication and was better in a few days. It speeds up the healing real quick.

Enjoy your cruise ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MOSusan said:

image.png.c1a1423cf316738e0a663cdd4630d2af.png

I have a cold and I am afraid that I will be denied boarding.  I have covid tested and it is negative, it's just the cold I get every year at this time.  What has your experience been with boarding.  I'm afraid I will fly all the way to Florida and be denied because of the common cold.  

Treat the symptoms.  See dr if symptoms worsen to get a prescription IF needed.  Rest.  Fluids.  I don't know when you are going but hopefully you'll feel better in a bit.  

2 hours ago, MOSusan said:

Thank you for all of the responses.  This cruise has been rescheduled 4 times.  The first time because of Covid and then I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and my oncologist made me cancel the next booking.  1 1/2 years of treatment and I am happy to say that I beat it!  I'm a Survivor who just wants to cruise.  🙂 🌴

Have a great time!

We just got off the Enchantment and weren’t asked about health by anyone before boarding.  Tried to show my vaccination cards but they didn’t want to look at them.  Filled out the pre-boarding check-in for health on app.  I took cough drops because I have allergies and was afraid I would start coughing.  I did have some reaction to either the sheets on the bed or the disinfectant they used on the ship.  I got patches of itchy red splotches on my chest and throat and a few on my face.  My Sister had the same issue.  They would come and go.  Boleros lounge was the worst.  If either smelled musty or had been sprayed down a lot.  I couldn’t stay in there because it bothered me.  One night we were late leaving the theater and they announced for everyone to please leave so they could disinfect the area for the next show.  Didn’t get Covid while on the ship so no complaints.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MOSusan said:

That's what people have been doing for years.  Hoping that in 5 days I will feel much better but they have me worried. 

Wear a mask and take cold meds to stop all symptoms.  I’m always congested, I’m allergic to so many things, even perfume. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Enchantment from Baltimore - not everything is reported.

Ah, so we don't need any other proof lol.  Another poster just said they just got off EN and weren't asked any additional questions besides the three.   I think we need others who have run into this to chime in.  Otherwise, it could just be a rogue agent.

55 minutes ago, BND said:

Ah, so we don't need any other proof lol.

It was never about proof, but the OP's worry about how to handle the situation should it come up. You could have had "rogue" agents pulling you for secondary medical screening even before COVID. As with my first post, assuming you aren't truly very sick, just say no to all the health questions, if asked.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

24 Months Pregnant? My Wife always said seemed like forever  😁

Yes.  By the time a woman is 8.5 months preggers with an 8.5 lb baby, she thinks she's been carrying it her whole life.  I have a picture of our cat lying in the shade of my belly the day before the aforementioned baby was born.................................

• Like 1

I always bring a small medicine cabinet with me when we cruise to include cold/flu meds, lozenges, etc. DH developed a cold toward the end of our Harmony cruise, his cleared up in a week. I got it soon after, turned into 2+ weeks of recovery due to sinus infection.

What I can tell you is during our wait to disembark a ton of people were coughing in the theater, it's just that time of year. 

SO, be sure to bring the necessary stuff just in case. If you suspect sinus infection, I would assume the doc on board has antibiotics if needed. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Do not put a mask on - questions will be asked. I had a cold the past two times I cruised, once on Wonder in September and again on Vision in October and had no issues. They never asked anything. And I never wore a mask. We need to get on with life! Enjoy your cruise 🥰

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

I always bring a small medicine cabinet with me when we cruise to include cold/flu meds, lozenges, etc

Everyone should do this.  Even stuff you don't typically ever need to take, like something for heartburn or upset stomach. Both of those can creep up on you fast on a cruise or anywhere you travel where your diet changes for a few days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ned11 said:

Do not put a mask on - questions will be asked. I had a cold the past two times I cruised, once on Wonder in September and again on Vision in October and had no issues. They never asked anything. And I never wore a mask. We need to get on with life! Enjoy your cruise 🥰

Actually, people are so accustomed to seeing others wearing a mask, that there are no questions asked.  I've been masking on cruise ships since mid-January of this year, and the only questions I've ever been asked were "where did you get that mask?".

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Everyone should do this.  Even stuff you don't typically ever need to take, like something for heartburn or upset stomach. Both of those can creep up on you fast on a cruise or anywhere you travel where your diet changes for a few days.

I needed tums on my last cruise , had to wait until we docked in Cozumel .

Found them in one of the stores on the pier.

Added them to my list of meds to take with me on the next cruise.

6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

And serve both of them liberal drams of scotch!

My sure-fire cure for the common cold:  Mucinex DM Maximum Strength and Johnnie Walker Black Label.  It works every time and with that regimen, I've never had a cold last more than week.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah, we have carried OTC meds for years. Several years ago, we were a couple miles into the drive toward port when we realized neither of us packed the OTC meds; though we both felt well, we doubled back for the meds, just in case.  We will add an Ace wrap to our kit as DH needed one on last cruise.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, Biker19 said:

Enchantment from Baltimore - not everything is reported.

We have not been asked on Enchantment in March in Baltimore

On Anthem for this and last Thanksgivings, last Christmas and New Year, Oasis last September and this June, Adventure in September . All in NJ

Celebrity Edge last year in Fort Lauderdale