The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 15th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning! Other then a messy yard and driveway we survived last nights storm. Not so lucky are folks West of us but we did receive  a few precious inches of rain.

Day is going to be full of errands which many will be at our local Ace hardware. We basically are just awaiting next Thursday when we head for daughters house for Christmas. Should be interesting with two grandchildren under three and the I’m in charge 7 year old.

Very happy to hear Jacqui made it out of time and will be able to enjoy the Koningsdam.

Have a great day!

image.jpeg.662858cc5415b56cbf0a9e0f7e0d2c99.jpegimage.jpeg.f9747908936b91bf8618418eecca5a2e.jpegimage.jpeg.a882b57fc1713431ddce3ae67e3586bb.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 22

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning from Willemstad Curacao. Waves crashing ashore makes me want to go back to sleep.

Last night's movie (Where the Crawdads Sing) was good. Allen and I cuddled under the blanket (HAL puts them out on the loungers) and had our popcorn and drinks. It's like a big drive in theater under the stars. Tonight's movie is a "Christmas Story" We may choose Jim David (Comedian)

We are here from 7 am til 10:30 tonite. We don't have anything planned on shore, so will take our time. 

Prayers lifted up. Sandi hoping DD is feeling better. Dixie hope your DH has a negative test.

Prince Charming has awakened, I'll catch up soon.

1214221749a.thumb.jpg.ac599b3f61dfa9a8ec292e0c722112b8.jpg

Lovely photo of you two.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Heading towards Half Moon Cay this morning but have to remember tomorrow is the dreaded packing day.  So happy to hear Jacqui @kazuis in San Diego, hopefully catching up on some well deserved sleep right now.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting the Daily this morning. Interesting days to celebrate.  The rigatoni might be nice.  Also thank you to Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for the many listed.  DD is doing well and even crawled upstairs to her own bed last night.  As an infant she crawled (and teethed and did everything) EARLY!  So no problem crawling up the stairs.  Cheers to the folks with celebrations and cruises.  The port of Saint John was listed Nov. 19, 2021 and below is the link to that date.  We may have had that port on one of our cruises but were unable to get there due to weather.  Some day it may happen!

Have a wonderful day everyone!  And Annie @marshhawksnow on Christmas is fine if you're going nowhere but everyone else has to drive through it to get to Grandma's house, or wherever, so we don't want S N O W!!  Maybe it could just snow on your house!  LOL!

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after a trip to the shops.

It has warmed up to 0°C but tonight is forecast to be the coldest of the year with temperatures dipping below 20°F.

I like Earl Grey, Yorkshire, peach and Lemon tea.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

IMG_20221215_141228.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Happy day at this house because our new furnace is going in.   We can retire all the space heaters shortly!  

Thanks for the Daily Reports @richwmn you will have a nice break from it when you are on your long cruise.    Sadly no more cats to herd here.  Only problems I ever had with them was when It was time to be loaded in their crates, especially in hotel rooms.   Sometimes I will regift but I haven't done any of that in quite awhile as our family really cut back on gift giving.  I love tea but now that I am caffeine free I will have to find something that tastes good for my summer ice tea.    @dfishthe rigatoni recipes all look like winners!   @summer slopethanks for the drink recipe and I hope that your DH is negative today and is free.  @cat shepardThanks for looking up the obscure Long Island wines two days in a row.   I look forward to the photos of St. John.     I would love to visit there, some fall we can do it.   

@rafinmdthanks for the care and celebrations reports!  Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.   @kazuJacqui I am so happy to read you are in San Diego ready to head out on your cruise.  @Seasick Sailor thank you for the photo of you and your DH.   Enjoy your cruise.

I will be at home all day wrapping up a lot of little things.   As usual when we drive to Fort Lauderdale DF wants to leave a day early due to a system snow storm on Thursday the 22nd the day we had planned to start our drive.  I will have to try to change my mani and pedi appointment to early on the 21st not at the 1pm I had scheduled.   I hope I can get in with my regular lady.    I called the propane company and demanded they fill my tank ASAP.   I don't want to have them let us run out while we are gone.   I preliminarily packed my 2 bags going on the December 27th cruise and just some jockeying a few things around and they are done.   If we have room in our roll aboards I will pick some good wine to bring along with us for special dinners.    Have a wonderful day!  Nancy 

• Like 25

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Right now I'm drinking my favourite Bigelow brand I Love Lemon tea; I was disappointed to see that the Oosterdam no longer had a selection of Bigelow teas on our trans-Atlantic.  Maybe on the Rotterdam in January?

Thank you for the picture of the Bigelow tea @Seasick Sailor

I also drink lemon tea and was on the Oosterdam with Gerry.  We had fixed seating in the MDR.  After the 1st night my waiter knew to bring me a pot of lemon tea at the end of my meal.  About half way through the cruise, he said that there were no more lemon tea bags.  I reluctantly accepted green tea.  The next night, he approached my table with a twinkle in his eye.  He said he found some lemon tea bags and hid them for me.  Every night he gave me one for my after dinner tea and one so I could have lemon tea in the morning.  This is the kind of extraordinary service I have come to enjoy when  I sail on a BHB.  

Gerry, don’t drink all the I Love Lemon tea on the Rotterdam in January.  Save some for me.  I board on February 4

@kazu So happy you made it to San Diego!  Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers I've lived down here since 1979, it has never snowed on Christmas.  It did however get down to 0, on Christmas 1983.  Why do I remember that?  It was the only time my parents came up from Florida for Christmas, and my father gave me an outdoor yard thermometer, which we hung on the tree (that grew through the deck) and the temp showed 0.  Way too cold.

• Like 19

Good morning all. On Tuesday evening before it got windy and darn right cold, we ventured out to our largest city park for the light display.  Another great job by the parks and rec department. Just a small sample for your enjoyment. A bit of snow would have made it even more magical.

FC18CFEE-ACB1-42AB-B895-EEBB047A386B.jpeg

7D6498A4-0183-4585-9ABC-B5862C953CB2.jpeg

E70221A1-1E6F-4CAE-BD54-3A89FBC9DFA7.jpeg

CB1A5984-13E1-4C14-A3F3-7F0045E81930.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6