Why is it that every "Biggest Sale of the Year!"...

Stockjock

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not sure the FTC would have much pull with cruise lines registered in foreign countries. They do this to circumvent many US rules, regulations, taxes, laws. 

The ships are registered in overseas countries not the company. Companies have to comply with the laws of the countries they are selling in. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

It's all Smoke & Mirrors. The FTC should get involved as they did with the airlines!

Far far far more people fly than cruise, by a very wide margin.  Flying certainly, while irritating, does not induce nearly the angst and chatter and non-sense that CC does about cruising.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Far far far more people fly than cruise, by a very wide margin.  Flying certainly, while irritating, does not induce nearly the angst and chatter and non-sense that CC does about cruising.  

🤯 What? There's angst and chatter and non-sense on CC?

Surely you jest!

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, ehall said:

And don't forget  - its a limited time!  so book NOW.  Before they offer it again tomorrow.

Didn't the so called Black Friday sale get extended for weeks? They offered $400 obc per cabin plus an extra $50 but then the extra $50 did not apply to inside cabins which was not clearly stated on their web page.  

It's the "biggest Scam of the Year", no cost savings for us when priced out. We booked earlier this year much cheaper, when not on sale.  In Texas we have deceptive advertising laws and Celebrity "sales advertising" violates them all. I love Celebrity but they keep running these scam advertising campaigns, and it makes me love them a little less.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

It's the "biggest Scam of the Year", no cost savings for us when priced out. We booked earlier this year much cheaper, when not on sale.  In Texas we have deceptive advertising laws and Celebrity "sales advertising" violates them all. I love Celebrity but they keep running these scam advertising campaigns, and it makes me love them a little less.

Totally agree here, Celebrity prices are really making me look elsewhere.  Going to give Oceania a try in May, somewhat similar itinerary for a 7 day Mediterranean is $4200 less for a similar suite.  Was a no brainer, so we shall see.

Just received an email from Celebrity this morning called Exciting Deals which says it's last minute deals on their final few staterooms.    We are going to be on the Reflection in February and our sailing was listed as one of the Exciting Deals so I did a dummy booking for the stateroom category we have booked and with the exciting last minute deals price, it is $2000 more than we paid.   

Edited by kokopelli-az
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Totally agree here, Celebrity prices are really making me look elsewhere.  Going to give Oceania a try in May, somewhat similar itinerary for a 7 day Mediterranean is $4200 less for a similar suite.  Was a no brainer, so we shall see.

If you haven't already sailed Azamara, you might look into it, and consider jumping on a January cruise. This will grandfather you into the loyalty program at you current level. Once the programs completely separate on February 1, only those who have previously sailed Azamara will maintain their status. If you don't like it, you still had time on a ship. 

We tried Azamara last June, on a great deal, largely to get grandfathered in. We enjoyed it, and have just booked two more. I'm glad we will get to maintain our loyalty level, mostly earned on X. 

image.png.b10a4e2c2dcbf4067512c79faedfbd36.png

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

With so much angst I'm surprised anyone here actually books on Celebrity. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Well IMO they do have a great product.  I did a 14 day TA on Edge in October/November and I loved the ship and had a great experience!  Now it’s just hard to justify spending almost the same amount of money on a 7 day Med cruise when I can spend $4k less on Oceania, with frankly better port stops.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I’m glad I don’t depend on the Govt to protect me when I’m buying things. 

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

With so much angst I'm surprised anyone here actually books on Celebrity. Maybe I'm missing something. 

I haven't booked anything on Celebrity in the past few months and I'm not actively looking to book.  When and if I find the urge to book, I'll likely find a deal or two or I'll go elsewhere.  Celebrity is a good cruise line, IMHO, but they're not the only good one.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

I think we are going to give Oceania a serious look for future cruises. We did an Azamara cruise in 2017 and it was one of the worst experiences on any cruise, old, tired ships with pea sized cabins they call suites. I looked at pricing for our 2024 Edge Sky Suite from Sydney and our 12-day cruise with this "sale" is $4000 total more than when we booked in February with no sale. No way I would pay what they want for this cruise now.  BTW the price we booked at in February is about the same for a Veranda cabin on Oceania for a similar NZ itinerary. If I was booking now, we would be on the Oceania cruise. We are looking at a cruise of South America in January 2025 and Celebrity is outrageous, the same cruise in 2024 on Oceania is less expensive, they have not released their 2025 cruises of SA yet, but when they do we will be looking at them.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1