How full are ships sailing - Seeing odd things for move up bid options

cgolf1

We have some family that aren't on CC looking at move up bids for their cruises and oddly are seeing opportunities to bid on categories that are showing as sold out. To top it off some of those are even being listed as a 30% discounted bid price.

So are they still holding back rooms so that they don't sail at 100% capacity or are they letting people bid on rooms that aren't available? It does seem like the highest category available though is Aqua class which is showing as sold out.

Don’t count on reduced capacity.  If it happens, that’s good. If somebody wants to book a cabin, Celebrity will sell it.  In June, we were told that our cruise was reduced capacity.  It wasn’t reduced. It was crowded.  Spouse got Covid.  Not sure if we will ever book on Celebrity again.  

3 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Don’t count on reduced capacity.  If it happens, that’s good. If somebody wants to book a cabin, Celebrity will sell it.  In June, we were told that our cruise was reduced capacity.  It wasn’t reduced. It was crowded.  Spouse got Covid.  Not sure if we will ever book on Celebrity again.  

????

Is this because your spouse contracted C-19 or that the information received about passenger capacity was the straw???

bon voyage

Is

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Cruise lines stopped sailing at reduced capacity long ago. They need to fill every stateroom possible and that is EVERY cruise line currently in service. Covid is everywhere and to blame a cruise line on catching it is ridiculous. We caught it by having dinner with friends of ours and it wasn’t on a cruise. Sorry that your husband got sick and hope that he’s doing better but stop blaming Celebrity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Other than doing a mock booking, is there a way to see available cabins?

No. Mock bookings will give you an idea, but TAs hold blocks of rooms until?? Try different TAs websites and you will likely see different cabins available. 

The above comment subject to immediate changes the closer to sail date.

• Thanks 1

Our upcoming cruise is completely sold out (doesn’t even show up anymore on the find a cruise search) yet we still got move up bid options. But people miss flights, get sick or cancel last minute for a myriad of reasons. Likely only way we will see our bid accepted and likely only within a day or two of sailing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Agree with the others. You cannot avoid COVID unless you live in a bunker 30 miles from no where. I rather have the flu than COVID, flu is the real danger now.

40 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I got Covid at work, not sure if I will ever work again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

We have some family that aren't on CC looking at move up bids for their cruises and oddly are seeing opportunities to bid on categories that are showing as sold out. To top it off some of those are even being listed as a 30% discounted bid price.

So are they still holding back rooms so that they don't sail at 100% capacity or are they letting people bid on rooms that aren't available? It does seem like the highest category available though is Aqua class which is showing as sold out.

It's called hedging your bets and they definitely sent you to the right place, you're sure to get a consistent answer here on CC

Edited by LGW59
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

Other than doing a mock booking, is there a way to see available cabins?

From reading this that might be, especially if they are no longer holding back rooms. Last February while Connie didn’t look anywhere near full when we mock booked before hand, but it looked like a lot more than the upper 500s that were onboard. 

57 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's called hedging your bets and they definitely sent you to the right place, you're sure to get a consistent answer here on CC

I think I get what your saying, but overall the boards have been very helpful, especially with the Connie cruise with people finding out our potential passenger count when they were on the trip before ours. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Equinox is around 95% full today

And feels every bit of it. Need to get there before 5 to have half a chance for a seat in Ensemble 😒 before dinner.  I've sailed full ships many times pre-covid.  I just don't remember it feeling this crowded on most of those sailings.  Maybe I was just spoiled by half full ships!

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

And feels every bit of it. Need to get there before 5 to have half a chance for a seat in Ensemble 😒 before dinner.  I've sailed full ships many times pre-covid.  I just don't remember it feeling this crowded on most of those sailings.  Maybe I was just spoiled by half full ships!

Our next trip will be interesting as the Connie I believe was less than 20%. Not sure what I will do not being able to get a poolside lounger whenever we want🤣

I'm sailing on Beyond starting next Sunday.

I checked the latest room inventory:

2 Iconic Suites

1 Aqua Sky Suite

1 Sky Suites

4 Aqua Class staterooms

6 Concierge staterooms

1 Sunset Veranda staterooms

5 Edge Staterooms with Infinite Veranda

1 Porthole Veranda staterooms

38 Oceanview staterooms

95 Deluxe Inside staterooms

154 rooms available => implies we are sailing 3260 (advertised capacity) - 308(based on double occupancy) = ~2952 passengers, about 90%, slightly more than the cruise that just finished where Capt. Kate said they were sailing at 84% capacity.

Our friends are on the January 29 Reflection cruise and it looks like it's less than 50% full.  There are still about 40 Sky Suites open and several CS & Signature suites also.  Most of the Aqua 1's are also available.  Can't imagine that it will be even 50% capacity.  It's their 1st cruise in 20 years so not sure if this is good or bad.  

22 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I'm sailing on Beyond starting next Sunday.

I checked the latest room inventory:

2 Iconic Suites

1 Aqua Sky Suite

1 Sky Suites

4 Aqua Class staterooms

6 Concierge staterooms

1 Sunset Veranda staterooms

5 Edge Staterooms with Infinite Veranda

1 Porthole Veranda staterooms

38 Oceanview staterooms

95 Deluxe Inside staterooms

154 rooms available => implies we are sailing 3260 (advertised capacity) - 308(based on double occupancy) = ~2952 passengers, about 90%, slightly more than the cruise that just finished where Capt. Kate said they were sailing at 84% capacity.

Just curious, but how were you able to get these detailed numbers?