X Give us a better burger...Youtuber JimZim "They really don't know how to make a good burger"

NutsAboutGolf

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Really don’t need to post other people’s videos to tell us that 🙄😁

They usually cold and fries are cold , when when you ask them to warmed up 

I believe he's the #1 youtuber when it comes to cruise travel which is pretty impressive with 477K subs; I believe Royal Caribbean Blog is next at 225K, tony just over 200K and Don is under 200K

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I believe he's the #1 youtuber when it comes to cruise travel which is pretty impressive with 477K subs; I believe Royal Caribbean Blog is next at 225K, tony just over 200K and Don is under 200K

Still no need to post.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don’t spend thousands of dollars to dine on hamburgers, fries, pizza or hot dogs.   

I know many enjoy that stuff and it is offered for them, but as posted not worth the calories when there are better options of stuff that I don’t know how make or is too time consuming to make.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I thought the burgers at the Mast Grill were great. That was pre-Covid though so maybe quality has declined.

Had one at the Mast Grill on Beyond last week and it was terrible. About 1/3 the size of the bun, thin and overcooked. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

We were on the Apex a couple weeks ago. We got burgers from Mast Grill a couple times and, while thin, they were fresh and warm and we enjoyed them. Nothing great, but fine for poolside grill.

On the other hand, I got a burger at Le Grand Bistro and it was one of the best I've ever had. Absolutely delicious.

• Like 2

What puzzles me is that he was sailing in a suite and did not comment on the Luminae Burger.  I have had good burgers at the Mast Grill and OVC and I have had bad burgers in both but can't say I have ever had a bad Luminae Burger.  Granted, Guy's on Carnival is free and the Luminate Burger is only available to suite class passengers, which is not a fair comparison but to say they do not know how to make a "good burger" is a generalization.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I do not eat "burgers" as it were, yet when we find that they are too "thin" at the next visit why not ask for a double or triple patty?

I Am sure they will accommodate accordingly... thinness solved, I believe...

Just like any of the fast food places that offer multiple burgers on one (1) roll...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Mast Grill/Pool Grill burgers on Celebrity- people love them or hate them.  I'm not a big fan - too fatty.  

For "free" burgers on a Celebrity ship the burger in Luminae is excellent.  Yes I know most cannot get it.

But if not in a suite, the MDR serves very good burgers for lunch on most sea days.  You can get beef sliders in the Craft Social Club- but an upcharge. 

I would pay an upcharge for a very good burger on Celebrity - like perhaps Johnny Rockets on RCCL.

Celebrity tried this with the so-called Top Deck Burger Bar a few years ago.  I had one on Constellation and it was worth it to me. Delicious burgers made to order.  It was short lived - maybe a month?  That was because they made the mistake of substituting it for the free Mast Grill burger.  They should have kept both in place - but they closed the Mast Grill and caused a furor!  Even though they moved the free cheap burgers, hot dogs and fries into the OVC buffet at lunch.  Same deck as the Mast Grill and pool.  But people had to cover up a bit from the pool to get them. 

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

No , that is  wrong , 

if you have a crappy patty, then toppings is like putting lipstick on a pig 

Did I say that?  A crappy anything would be bad.  

While I'm sure I hear a "not necessarily" coming, a patty between two buns is not what makes a great burger.