The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 21st, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday, Card Reading Day, and International Mother Language Day

You don't have to be the Dalai Lama to tell people that life's about change. - John Cleese

Meal Suggestion for today - Flank Steak
Drink of the Day - Bakers Midnight Manhattan
Wine of the Day - Nalle Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley 2019
Destination of the Day - St John Island USVI, Cruz Bay, US Virgin Islands

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 3-04

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 2-24

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination San Juan, Puerto Rico eta 2-22

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 09:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Puerto Chacabuco, Chile 07:00 - 15:00

Rotterdam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00

Volendam

Salvador de Bahia, Brazil 09:00 - 23:00

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 07:00 - 15:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 13:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Celukan Bawang, Bali Indonesia 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia 17:00 Depart

image.thumb.png.5ec4dd341a9cf69a4054cfe4f3ad48cd.png

I don't see Eurodam on the map this morning

image.thumb.png.5d531ae1ffcfb993124d700019139798.png

Sandi for Roy and Rich

• Like 27
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning Everyone,  @StLouisCruisers thank you for today's daily fleet report.  This is one of those days I miss home, it's Fasnacht day.  Today's meal suggestion sounds good but it's for another day.  Since it's an in office day it will be leftovers.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 

Yesterday I caught River, our semi feral girl, watching the fish tank. She caught me watching her.

20230220_122922.thumb.jpg.c56b4b85ffba89bbd1516825250d7dad.jpg

• Like 26
  • Haha 9

Good morning friends!  It's a warm 62F this morning with some gusty winds, expecting mostly cloudy skies with a chance of rain at noon and a high of 71 today.  We should have a high temp of over 70 degrees for the next week (unless the weather person is wrong).  What??

Today is Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras as Rich indicated.  Everyone is preparing for lent by having a big blast ahead of time.  It is also card reading day and international mother language day.  I can accept and celebrate both of those as well.  True quote.  I'm not sure how many recipes Debbie @dfishwill have for us today but I bet there are plenty of ways to prepare flank steak.  No to the drink and red wine.  Our port today has been shown here several times by those of us who have been to St. Thomas and decided to go a little further and visit that beatiful island.  I've done that a few times myself, most notably with DD and her family in 2010 when I tagged along on the children's first cruise and I've probably posted photos of my visit to St. John.  But I notice the Prinsendam actually had St. John on the itinerary on the 2018 Grand Med and Africa cruise that we went on.  Made for a relaxing day just tendering a short distance to Cruz Bay and doing whatever your heart desired.This is the first time St. John has been listed as the "official" port of the day.  

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Daily content today.  I hope the cruise is going well, but to be honest I haven't had time to read all the WC posts since I've been back home.  I see you are in Perth/Fremantle though.  Love Australian ports!  Thanks go to Vaness @JazzyV for the lists she's keeping for us and will post before long.  Prayers for all in need and there are many!  🙏  Happy days for those on the Celebration List.  🥂  So many cruises coming up this weekend.  Everyone must be so busy getting ready to go.  We will miss all of you here on the Daily so please check in if you can.

I have a few minutes so will post a couple photos from St. John, U.S.V.I.  These are from 2018 when Prinsendam stopped there on the way to Africa.  

Cruz Bay.  That might be the Prinsendam anchored off shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNhmVW9Jkjoosn5UTsO4lh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086041

I believe that is the ferry to St. Thomas at the dock there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIijfu_53ixHjPj4vC70NWs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086042

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNvHRav2VfKGfNt4n51y-i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKI-VaKEo-rPXGpCVFwy0oB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086036

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGuRHFw_BncwNDXk_cNCjT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086049

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKwTHee0zapkGAnCMZ_h9XZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086060

We saw the little Catholic church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkFcP-M9k9LKpyEt3qmSZ7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086081

ahhh, the shopping district00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpCbYhz3fqa-4DzjSiHfdu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086132

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKI5wQ7ksmt9mAcYqB9B-5_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086135

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuawLxZW-2ct5WnLosiOF1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086120

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqYgX-f_klAyElMrkLReY2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086166

Time to head back to the Mother Ship, Prinsendam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbfqT3R04IMwaJSJtt8kW7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526086119

Maybe later after treadmill and breakfast I can look up a couple of cute photos from the tour we did on St. John when I was there with DD and DGKids.  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

First I will comment on St Johns. Many years ago HAL had an interesting excursion to the island. As the ship approached the Virgin Islands at about 7 am HAL stopped off shore of St Johns, lowered a tender, loaded the tender with passengers with shore excursions on St Johns and took us ashore. The ship proceeded to St Thomas. Then after the excursion we took the ferry to St Thomas to board the docked ship. Saved a lot of time!

Now for the Card Reading Day. Just had my first Tarot Card Reading session and sorry folks it said my status as a redneck will continue as long as I continue on this thread 😀

I don’t keep old greeting cards but the Misses just had a birthday and I got her this real funny birthday card and didn’t realize until afterwards that it was the same card I gave her a year ago. Another senior moment!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 29
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another cold day for us, no big deal, it's winter.

An interesting collection of days, I guess I should make pancakes. 🙂  I save special cards from special people. 

Good quote.

The meal sounds good.  I'll take the drink, but pass on the wine.

We've never been to today's port.  Thanks for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

Good morning, I can’t believe it’s Fat Tuesday already, seems like the Christmas tree just came down. Thanks for the daily report.  I’ve only been to St. Johns to snorkel, I hope to stay on island someday.  I’m not sure why, but I don’t get very excited about flank steak, it’s got to be because I haven’t had it prepared properly or something.  We leave for San Juan tomorrow and it appears that it may snow here in our absence.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events!

• Like 31

31 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Mardi Gras and thank you Rich, Sandi, and Vanessa for today's thread.  Slept ok but not as well as previous couple of nights, and I have a Podiatrist appointment this morning.

Roy

Roy, sorry to hear you didn't sleep quite as well last night.  I hope the podiatrist appointment goes well.  Maybe you can lie down and rest afterwards.

I had my usual sleep last night.  Went to bed fairly early, 9:45.  Slept 3 to 4 hours and awakened.  After that I wait to fall back asleep but I don't.  I might get a brief period of sleep every once in a while, but essentially I'm awake until I get out of bed to exercise (or nowadays post the Daily and then exercise).  So I think I will force myself to take a nap today.  I haven't talked to my doctors about it because they would probably prescribe sleep medication and I'm not a fan of that.  So somehow I just get by.  Meanwhile, DH  mentions occasionally that he slept 9 hours last night instead of 8 hours, straight through!  Arrgghh!

• Like 30

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi! Rich, hope you are enjoying the World! Thank you for making sure we are able to continue on while you are away!  

Vanessa, thank you keeping track of all our happenings for the lists.  Another lovely morning here. Today is laundry day, and finish getting the pool deck stuff moved so the pavers can be cleaned & sealed- though the company will move the big things. And then I need to start getting ready for my visitors who arrive on Friday. Add Bindi walks and a gym class - and I should sleep well tonight!

BD7C6D9A-C1EA-4419-A0F4-3E32DC427423.jpeg.c8f79b44848ff08e81f877a0884aba56.jpeg

0A8BDE5A-9250-4812-B9C0-74B60CD2C876.jpeg.3cd33f37ac8f7b4a7d77c1353246d303.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well and stay well everyone!

Nalle Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley 2019

This California Zinfandel might be a bit too bold for me, but I would a taste. Excellent consumer and critic reviews and though a bit elusive there are several online distributors with prices starting at $42.99.

Winemaker Notes

#32 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Rich with dusty cherry, pomegranate compote, vanilla, and plum spice. What you’ll taste here can only be described as Dry Creek sunshine in a bottle bursting with zinberry, dried cherries, and blueberry notes. Nuanced oak imparts a burst of fresh mid palate spice. Tannins are fine-grained and in tune with bright acidity and moderate alcohol, adding structure and body but never overpowering. This wine is cool and oh so gluggable. This wine has staying power. 

WS94 Wine Spectator
Refined and graceful, this is a top form Zinfandel, with vibrant cherry and raspberry flavors laced with sweet anise and pepper. The finish lingers long toward polished tannins. Drink now through 2030
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 10

Good morning, everyone!

This is a quick post as I have an early appointment for testing before my upcoming surgery.  It is always something!

Flank steak was always a family favorite for dinner and it was one thing that my dad was able to grill without burning it.  The chicken always came off the grill a little on the black side.  That earned him the nickname of Colonel Cinders. But, back to flank steak.  It can be a tough cut of meat and marinating works wonders on tenderizing it.  The acid in a marinade helps reduce the toughness and marinades add such wonderful flavor.  Marinate it for 12 hours or up to 24 for maximum flavor.  Flank steak also benefits from high heat cooking so you can use the barbecue grill (yes, even in the winter) or the broiler. 

The variation in recipes will be the marinade used.  Here's our first one:  https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_marinated_flank_steak/

flanksteak1.thumb.jpg.019ebcc305bcb92ffa610c39d79e1034.jpg

In this next recipe the flavors of balsamic vinegar and basil stand out.  https://ohsweetbasil.com/flank-steak/

flanksteak2.thumb.jpg.a7fa4f4513ade9a0f7240b23cb18fb72.jpg

This one leaves out the sugar and lets the balsamic shine through.  https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-balsamic-and-garlic-flank-steak

flanksteak3.jpg.57807637499990879912c458258c38a2.jpg

Dad's recipe for flank steak marinade:   

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup dry sherry

1/4 cup soy sauce

juice of one lemon

2-3 cloves of garlic, minced

Combine and use to marinate flank steak.  Marinate overnight, turning several times.  Broil 3 inches from the heat for 5-6 minutes, then turn and broil the other side for 5 minutes.  Dad suggests that you let the meat stand at room temperature for an hour before cooking and that you slash the edges of the steak to prevent curling.  

Enjoy everyone!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Good morning all, It’s Fastnacht day and I’m heading out to get some more at a local store. For many years my church made them from scratch with real potatoes and fried in oil. 
Yesterday was a vet appointment for Ninja for blood work again, he’s stable but they keep checking.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 29

Good afternoon.

It is Shrove Tuesday or Pancake day here in the UK.

10°C and sunny here.

Thank you Sandi for posting the daily fleet reports and today's daily.

Interesting day and quote.

Food sounds good.

Prayers for everyone they can help.

Best wishes to everyone to have a safe and nice day.

Graham.

• Like 28

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Graham’s Sarah losing a close friend

Kochleffel not feeling well

Those in the path of snowstorms and ice

New earthquake in Turkey 2/20; 46,000+ deaths after Feb 3 earthquake

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding, with deaths and many missing people

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

My BFF’s Uncle, who is doing poorly, and has perhaps only days

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Roy starting to sleep better

StLouisCruiser’s numbness improved

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued slow improvement

2 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas 2/23 to 3/3)

4 days for RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam 2/25 to 3/8)

4 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam 2/25 to 3/11) 

4 days for Cruisercl (NCL Bliss 2/25 to 3/12)

4 days for Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium 2/25 to 3/4)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

I have some photos from St. John taken years ago.  We first went there in 2006 with our DD when we took her along with us on a Thanksgiving week Eastern Caribbean cruise.  We went snorkeling at Trunk Bay in St. John, a popular spot.  I'll spare you photos of us in our swimsuits.  None of us are in this photo.😁00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaS-_UfqfB6-SxtKjabJHT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345122937

This is the type of boat our snorkeling tour took to return to St. Thomas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Zsio-c8Y35IDpAEC0vqD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345122952

In August 2010 DD planned a cruise to show her kids how enjoyable a cruise vacation could be.  BTW, all of them are hooked now!  I asked her if I could come along to help out with the kids and she happily agreed because they had planned to put one adult in one cabin and the other adult in a second one next door splitting up the four kids among them.  So I took the cabin with the three eldest kids and the almost 2 year old stayed next door with his parents.  

In St. Thomas we took a tour to St. John and here is the view from the first scenic view stop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPUbAgJh_1XHZtDr1xAsOp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446318

Second scenic stop was a view of Caneel Bay00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGL7nuwZsJQFnSuqDv0zrV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446319

Here is Trunk Bay00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXXlG77ZDMA9cYgIvQSZW-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446320

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlyiMEt0ACvP5CxJfATTYq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446320

No snorkeling this day.  We saw where some of the more wealthy residents lived.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIs7ASf7o2286jV7Axzqlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446321

It's a beautiful island, and most of the land is protected and will not be built on.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsu1WmQnp2YHhU2_uqbjv8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

Along our tour we saw some cute things, like this little gift shop.  Love the colors!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO8U8_TgpFh0qB3JLeev-L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

And these donkeys roaming free.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-v7IICHMuls5VR0CuK50Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

Then we stopped for shopping at Mongoose Junction right at Cruz Bay.  Everyone had a good time enjoying that beautiful island!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone,  @StLouisCruisers thank you for today's daily fleet report.  This is one of those days I miss home, it's Fasnacht day.  Today's meal suggestion sounds good but it's for another day.  Since it's an in office day it will be leftovers.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 

Yesterday I caught River, our semi feral girl, watching the fish tank. She caught me watching her.

20230220_122922.thumb.jpg.c56b4b85ffba89bbd1516825250d7dad.jpg

Jake, my kids would have been in the fish tank. I can supply you with Fastnachts and syrup. Send me an email at: rmock238@yahoo.com. Kathy 

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Good collection of days.  Fat Tuesday already - wow@!  Love International Mother Language Day and the promotion of multilingualism 👍 

that quote is SO true. 😉  I doubt I can do flank steak one armed but Debbie’s suggestions will be saved for a healthier day.  Today’s port is indeed a refuge compared to going to St. Thomas and for me, as beautiful.  Back when we went HAL offered a ferry ride with good narration to get you there.  It was only a $1 more than trying to do it yourself - so why not use HAL’s?   I really enjoyed St. Thomas - quiet, peaceful and gorgeous.  So different from St. Thomas which is overcrowded on cruise days IMO.

I swear this paperwork hates me.  Took all the pics and they were way too grey no matter how much I edited.  And there are 74 of them.  So I tried scanning with my Iphone and taking screen shots.  Much whiter but some are sloped in the middle.  So be it - they will have to suffice, insurance. 

28AAC2F7-2390-4584-B16A-8B69FA895EAE.thumb.jpeg.97eee79e5a6c04efecbd7fe5f7e8cc8c.jpeg

@dfishgood luck with your tests today.

@rafinmdsorry sleep is still difficult.  I completely understand the issue.  I have the same problem some nights with the elbow.  these are my only words of wisdom on it.

78C486C0-4912-4B98-8E54-21F189D689BF.jpeg.b924b64d4b8b71e767cf1e9e07e2868e.jpeg

@Mr. Bostonsafe travels to your lovely get away tomorrow.

C39A408B-5DEE-4940-B884-9421FB23A2A0.jpeg.e26a7648d62919ef0b8c0d8161e0d63f.jpeg

Looks like more cold and snow coming.  Just let me get to physio tomorrow and back home and I’ll try not to complain too much (anyone believe that one? 😉)

AF6BF90A-8912-4DCF-9DCF-B068A0B2B531.jpeg.792ead508abc20d222730e07132321a8.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, people of Ukraine & New Zealand & the victims - old and new of the earthquakes and for those that need them.  And a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

80A3187F-AA86-48EA-A495-28FC91C64BDE.thumb.jpeg.92e842a6a943b9346801b5a22ed7c364.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday, everyone !!!!!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

Bakers Midnight Manhatten cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Baker's® Bourbon
1 part Averna® Amaro
1 dash Angostura® Bitters
1 dash Orange Bitters
Garnish: Amarena Cherry

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in mixing glass with ice. Stir until well chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with an Amarena cherry.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 7.49.15 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Good morning everyone.  We are in Salvador de Bahia and will walk around.  The HA shore excursions all had notes at the bottom that almost each site listed as closed due to Mardis Gras.  Therefore we will walk around in the heat. It is a long trek to the port building since a large MSC ship is in port near the port building.   Today it was said on our port talk that the celebration for Mardis Gras in this city is 4 million people strong and the largest in the world.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports Sandi.  Especially enjoying the St. John's photos we have never been there and will be stopping by next year on the Eurodam.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine, Turkey and Syria.  Have a nice Fat Tuesday. Nancy

Dinner last night in  Canaletto and some Samba show excursion in Rio shared by our 74 day Facebook page  contributor Mark Lewis who said we could share.  I must have mis- spoken.  Rio is the trashiest city and that is where the meeting of the water photo yesterday was taken. 

IMG_20230220_184302669.jpg

IMG_20230220_182747074.jpg

IMG_20230220_182739871.jpg

FB_IMG_1676925047732.jpg

FB_IMG_1676925025707.jpg

FB_IMG_1676925005144.jpg

FB_IMG_1676924967768.jpg

FB_IMG_1676924948975.jpg

FB_IMG_1676924935618.jpg

FB_IMG_1676924907331.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

42 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Graham’s Sarah losing a close friend

Kochleffel not feeling well

Those in the path of snowstorms and ice

New earthquake in Turkey 2/20; 46,000+ deaths after Feb 3 earthquake

New Zealand affected by cyclone/flooding, with deaths and many missing people

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

My BFF’s Uncle, who is doing poorly, and has perhaps only days

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Roy starting to sleep better

StLouisCruiser’s numbness improved

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued slow improvement

2 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas 2/23 to 3/3)

4 days for RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam 2/25 to 3/8)

4 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam 2/25 to 3/11) 

4 days for Cruisercl (NCL Bliss 2/25 to 3/12)

4 days for Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium 2/25 to 3/4)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you for today's updated lists Vanessa and for Sarah's mention.

We are seeing Sarah on Thursday.

Graham.

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I have some photos from St. John taken years ago.  We first went there in 2006 with our DD when we took her along with us on a Thanksgiving week Eastern Caribbean cruise.  We went snorkeling at Trunk Bay in St. John, a popular spot.  I'll spare you photos of us in our swimsuits.  None of us are in this photo.😁00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaS-_UfqfB6-SxtKjabJHT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345122937

This is the type of boat our snorkeling tour took to return to St. Thomas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2Zsio-c8Y35IDpAEC0vqD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345122952

In August 2010 DD planned a cruise to show her kids how enjoyable a cruise vacation could be.  BTW, all of them are hooked now!  I asked her if I could come along to help out with the kids and she happily agreed because they had planned to put one adult in one cabin and the other adult in a second one next door splitting up the four kids among them.  So I took the cabin with the three eldest kids and the almost 2 year old stayed next door with his parents.  

In St. Thomas we took a tour to St. John and here is the view from the first scenic view stop.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPUbAgJh_1XHZtDr1xAsOp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446318

Second scenic stop was a view of Caneel Bay00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGL7nuwZsJQFnSuqDv0zrV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446319

Here is Trunk Bay00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXXlG77ZDMA9cYgIvQSZW-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446320

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlyiMEt0ACvP5CxJfATTYq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446320

No snorkeling this day.  We saw where some of the more wealthy residents lived.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJIs7ASf7o2286jV7Axzqlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446321

It's a beautiful island, and most of the land is protected and will not be built on.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKsu1WmQnp2YHhU2_uqbjv8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

Along our tour we saw some cute things, like this little gift shop.  Love the colors!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO8U8_TgpFh0qB3JLeev-L?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

And these donkeys roaming free.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-v7IICHMuls5VR0CuK50Z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446322

Then we stopped for shopping at Mongoose Junction right at Cruz Bay.  Everyone had a good time enjoying that beautiful island!

Nice photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never had my cards read, but someone read my palm once.  My mother language is English, my second language is sarcasm.  

It's cold out there this morning - DH will have to break out his quilted tie!  We're currently sitting at -28C and there's a decent wind, bringing the wind chill temp to -36C.  Apparently we're going to be having this until Saturday or Sunday, so we should really hunker down.  But we won't.  As soon as the dental office opens at 8, I'll be making a call to get an appointment.  Then we have to dismantle our PC tower and take it to Staples where they'll transfer all the files and set up our new tower for us.  We checked around the ended up purchasing an Acer Aspire with 1T of storage and a processor that will seem lightning fast compared to what we have now.  It was funny, when we walked into one computer store, the clerk (who looked like he was maybe 12 years old) asked if we were gamers.  DH looked and said "Seriously, do we look like gamers?  I still rub sticks together to make fire."  I added "And he thinks you can fix a computer with an axe". 

It's Shrove Tuesday, so I'll be passing on today's flank steak recipe - but @dfishthanks for your Dad's marinade; I'll be tucking that away in my file.  It'll be pancakes, syrup and bacon at the kitchen table for us tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, especially those with natural and man-made disasters.  Hearty cheers to all with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂

Gerry   

• Like 33