The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 15th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Buzzards Day, Dumbstruck Day, and Everything You Think is Wrong Day

What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner. - Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

Meal Suggestion for today - Coconut Curry Salmon
Drink of the Day - Kentucky Made
Wine of the Day - Taittinger Prestige Rose Brut, Champagne, France
Destination of the Day - Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 3-17

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Nuku Hiva Island, Taiohae, Marquesas French Poly eta 3-16

Nieuw Amsterdam

Willemstad, Curacao 13:00 - 23:59

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 17:00

Oosterdam

Port Stanley, East Falkland Island 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 15:00

Volendam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 08:00 - 18:00

Zaandam

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico Riviera 10:00 - 20:00

Zuiderdam

Cape Town, South Africa 23:00 Depart

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 3-17

Westerdam

Kobe-Osaka, Kyoto, Japan 23:59 Depart

image.thumb.png.08eeba32043adf941d87cf1a297af5d7.png

image.thumb.png.db15bcab0ef8a4699880c35c46744a0f.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 15

Good morning friends!  Another cold and frosty type morning at 32F with clear skies.  High will be 58 and sunny later on.  I had a rude awakening last night just before 2 am.  I got up to use the restroom and while walking in the dark I closed my eyes briefly and walked right into the edge of a door.  Ran right into my nose and forehead.  Boy, did that hurt!  I kept checking my nose to see if it was bleeding but it wasn't and I didn't see a bruise yet, so I took a few Tylenol and went back to bed.  If it had been daytime I would have put ice on it, but I wanted to try to go back to sleep.  Never did but I think I'm going to be okay.  Time will tell.  It doesn't hurt anymore.  But there went my restful night.  Motto is pry open your eyes to walk around the house at night so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the wonderful Daily and Fleet Report.  (does anyone else think the blue bubbles are a brighter blue than before?  Hmmm)  I don't know if I'm planning on celebrating our days today.  Buzzard Day.  No thanks.  Dumbstruck Day.  I think I already struck myself dumb at 2 am.  Everything You Think is Wrong Day sounds rather negative so I'm skipping that one.  Today's quote is great and I agree with it.  As for the menu suggestion, lots of you don't like coconut so it might not be popular.  I like coconut but not curry and prefer not to eat salmon.  Don't know why.  No thanks to the drink but the wine sounds nice.  Probably very expensive, too.  The port of Adelaide has been shown here twice before but it's a nice one so I'm fine with that.  The link to the two prior dates are shown below.  Hope you like the pictures!

Thanks to everyone who participates here especially the food and beverage people Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope, plus our list keeper Vanessa @JazzyV.  I'll say my prayers for those on our Care list and anyone here who needs them.  I know someone who needs lots of prayers but they prefer their problem be kept silent. 🙏  And three cheers to all on the Celebration list today.  Happy sailing and enjoy any other happy events taking place.  I got exciting news last night.  DGS Ren has made a decision on his future in soccer.  He has accepted a place on the Dallas soccer league team.  They prepare their boys for professional soccer playing in the future.  He will be joining them around August 1 and his Mom will be renting a place for them to live during his remaining 2 years of high school.  What a great honor for him!  It will mean a lot of traveling back and forth for DS to spend time with them, and older brother to Ren will be starting college in the fall so he would be away anyway.  Hoping for a bright future to both the DGSs.🥂

Here are the links to Oct. 21, 2021 and Dec. 18, 2022 to grab your photos.

We visited Adelaide, South Australia on the Sun Princess Circumnavigation cruise of Oct. 2017, five years ago.  Fond memories of that cruise.  On October 14, 2017 we took a CC roll call tour of wine country from Adelaide.  We got on our van and headed out of town, stopping once when the driver noticed a chubby koala in a tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEx7PPGpRwoX5PX7wS81vR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560453

First stop was Mount Lofty for a good overview of Adelaide.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZlaO07ySnD_ngXgQjSyG9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560463

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdI3ic6-69zEGLieUR19zC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560477

Our next stop was a lovely German influenced town of Hahndorf where we were allowed time to explore and get a bite to eat before we headed out to the wineries.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKUZn1WjXeI8-vskzIKqPM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560620

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAfjklRJK2-5w4yCGN8FKV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560591

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVTjN05Zbv49c-m5Vtw9Oj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560560

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXgVd5HXcNd8e1F5NWmjm5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560557

The Hahndorf Academy building from 1857.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxQH1QCeWr1Nm7vQbhuYMt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560573

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCjGOc-9iB6ZhmlXhpoQkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560612

Next we stopped at a bird sanctuary which I will skip photos of so that we can get to the wineries.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKoHx8IGXyNVXmoYbvDxkWp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560750

First one was the Grant Burge winery which was lovely. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI96ALFv5atHcgZ86_HYnSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560791

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGNFpqSLjQDMnvp8jCEGNF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560779

The view from the tasting room.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9msAtGhv5eXWBxoP6bwDd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560765

Next was the Chateau Dorrien winery which was more rustic instead of the sophistication of Grant Burge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdU1UgddKIbeaf826aedkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560795

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZEK559_3xc0kciWnAsS3-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560808

Everybody was getting chatty by now!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICXnC4EhAfj8mqJeb6Z-_e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560818

Heading back to the ship.  Rows of palm trees

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDSuRWjc4tA8ZKecv4z1HZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560840

Hope everyone here has a wonderful Wednesday!  Stay safe from the bad weather.❄️

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Kentucky Maid cocktail (  I could not find Kentucky MADE)

Ingredients
Handful of fresh mint
3 slices cucumber
2 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon
1 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
¾ oz Simple Syrup
Garnish: 3 slices cucumber threaded on a pick
Preparation
Tear mint and drop into a cocktail shaker. Add 3 cucumber slices.
Handpress mint and cucumber with a muddler
Measure in bourbon, lime juice and simple syrup.
Fill with ice. Shake vigorously.
Strain into chilled serving glass filled with fresh ice.
Garnish.

This modern classic from Australian bartender Sammy Ross muddles fresh mint and cucumber with Woodford Reserve Bourbon and fresh lime.This modern classic from Australian bartender Sammy Ross muddles fresh mint and cucumber with Woodford Reserve Bourbon and fresh lime.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 6.15.46 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Fleet and Daily Report.

Beware the Ides of March.

Wow, those blue bubbles are a lot brighter!

It's supposed to get up to 4°C and sunny this afternoon.  Maybe spring is just around the corner. 🙂

An interesting collection of days.  I know buzzards are important to the eco system but turkey buzzards, which are common around here,  are not attractive.  I'm not sure what to make of Dumbstruck Day.  There are lots of days when I feel that everything I know is wrong.

Great quote.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion.

The drink sounds interesting.  I'm sure the wine is a winner.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

Stay safe.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Grateful thanks to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for producing today's daily reports.

2 interesting days that has applied to me a few times.

I do not like Buzzards.

Fantastic quote.

Food sounds good.

Paulines cousin emigrated to Adelaide Australia 16 years ago and they are in touch daily so we look forward to seeing Adelaide photos and going there ourselves one day.

Thinking of everyone who is unwell and hoping they all get better.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230315_104913.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I’m an early riser today but I had plenty of good sleeping. It’s 41 degrees with temperatures only get to high sixties today. This is probably not making many of the spring breakers who picked our beaches to frolic. To bad as the weeks before have been beautiful with record highs. There is a zero tolerance for underage drinking so there are many arrest.

Looking forward to Redneck Bobs comments on Dumbstruck.

Last nights corn beef dinner was fantastic. So good.

Today it’s off to my Internal Medicine doctor for the big checkup and the annual lecture to lose weight and exercise more. If reading and posting on Cruise Critic was considered exercise I would be so skinny!

Thanks for today’s report.

Bruce

image.jpeg.04699f53ee35daf9cf2a6de86ec95781.jpegimage.jpeg.9a0b1d2fa2a80c1927233583baf96625.jpegimage.jpeg.d9209287f09a438f4a0fdeb1c369c17e.jpegimage.jpeg.9c2025072bff171871a4aaea0e84398f.jpegimage.jpeg.4c86f3c7154ee7a2a3bff0aa5bf7d75c.jpegimage.jpeg.32494856925e28502b256ca58d9ee362.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Haha 23

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Cruising sister’s ride in the Mustang (Ruby) in memory of her DH

RMLincoln and DH testing positive for Covid

Superoma’s DD and her family testing positive for Covid

Durangoscots with the crud for a week

Cruzin Terri not feeling well

Ktbraun upcoming Cardiologist appointment

Difficult days for Jacqui (kazu)

Citizens of Ukraine/CA deluged by snow and rain

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds and upcoming surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Dfish getting adrenal issue addressed

Luvteaching’s DH doing well in the hospital and being discharged soon

StLouisCruiser’s DB’s medication for pulmonary fibrosis being paid for 100%

Smitty34877’s new aide for Tana

Cruzin Terri’s bathroom nearer to completion

Many Dailyites planning cruises

2 days for RedneckBob (Celebrity Constellation 3/17 to 3/27)

3 Days for DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam 3/18 to3/29)

3 Days for Seagarsmoker (N Statendam 3/18 to 3/25)

6 days for Kplady (Grand Princess 3/21 to 4/28)

ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas 3/19), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Yesterday’s Nor’easter was a big nothing here.  Not sure how it was reported around the country but but I had several out of state friends inquiring about my welfare!  Buzzards play an important part in the ecosystem.  You can be dumbstruck when you realize that everything you think is wrong. Nice quote today.  I like the sound of the meal suggestion.  Have not been to today’s port. Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.🥂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @StLouisCruisers the blue bubbles are definitely brighter.  Our 6 to 8 inches of snow turned into a dusting that was only on the grass, no complaints from me.  Today should be a very windy day.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion, not a fan of salmon.  DH got a call last night and the car he ordered arrived.  He will go look at it Thursday afternoon, the only day the dealership stays open beyond 2.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.1dce8808adc7697793c5bba0fb671942.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 9

Sandi, thank you for starting us off so faithfully each day. Rich, love that we can enjoy your travels with you, but you made sure we were taken care of so well while you were traveling!

Vanessa, thank you for so diligently keeping track of us.

@AncientWanderer Maxine, I tried Nasicort yesterday and could not believe the difference it made. Thank you again. My neighbors and several friends last night said that this was the worst pollen season they had ever experienced. But for the first time in five days, I did not have a hacking cough episode. They are so bad, I was I kept testing myself for COVID the first three days. 

@StLouisCruisers sorry about your bump. I agree, pry those eyes open! And GO REN! How exciting. Bless his parents for supporting his dream. 

It's cold and dark here. 48 this morning. Bindi has no desire to go out. But we had a great bedtime walk last night. And I had a great visit to our Beachfront Winery. The wind was blowing off the water, so once the sun went behind the trees, we didn’t stay long.  It was wonderful seeing everyone. 

@summer slope Dixie, sorry that giving Bailey his meds is so difficult, but I admit I laughed when you described your process.  

Haircut, Bindi walks, Emma walks, taxes and my HIIT class today. 

AF2530F6-457B-4650-B3D9-EE2816A9F0E6.jpeg.8fb443284d72c19eb758e7fdc87602a7.jpeg

A2F22A1C-8551-4269-8368-C3ED37B431FF.jpeg.aaca8e3f6b4a135aabd1e43f6e101ae3.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Taittinger Prestige Rosé Brut, Champagne, France

I would like a taste of this sparkling rosé. I do not gravitate to rosés usually, but the ones I have enjoyed have all been sparkling ones. Lots of consumer and critic fans, easy to find and winebid.com - a wine auction site, offers it for $45.00/bottle. More mainstream distributor prices start at $55.93.

Winemaker Notes

Blended from Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes, this is a succulently fruity, supple and aromatic Champagne with fine bubbles and a crisp, refreshing finish of extended length.

Taittinger Cuvée Prestige Rosé is intense cherry-pink in color with extremely fine, persistent pinpoint bubbles rising in delicate strands to the surface of the wine. Its classic, aromatic Pinot fragrance of red raspberries and strawberries is offset by elegant, subtle floral and earth nuances. On the palate, the ripe, full berry flavors are vibrant yet refined, delicately balanced by a fresh acidity which carries into a crisp, refreshing finish of persistent length.

"A swirl of bubbles carries fresh raspberry flavors along with a lively green edge of acidity. The flavors are persistent and clean, the wine mouthwatering." 90 Points

Wine & Spirits

JS92 James Suckling

Darker color. Lots of fruit and a creamy texture with cooked apples and cherries and strawberry undertones. Medium to full body. Delicious finish that is dry and fruity. Spicy. White pepper. Young strawberry at the end. Drink now.

RP91 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The latest release of Taittinger's NV Brut Prestige Rosé is showing very well, revealing inviting aromas of red berries, plums, orange zest, crisp orchard fruit and freshly baked bread. Medium to full-bodied, fleshy but incisive, this bottling is based on the Brut Réserve, yet the addition of still red wine—much of which is produced in house—imparts structuring phenolics that complement the wine's generous core of fruit to great effect. Readers should not that this cuvée's clear glass makes it vulnerable to light strike, so it's especially important to buy properly stored bottles.

D91 Decanter

Highly fragrant nose of toast, light cherry blossom, chalk and nice development. Fine mousse, quite multilayered and a textural palate. Blend : 45% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay, 25% Pinot Meunier

WS90 Wine Spectator
A fresh rosé Champagne that offers an accessible mix of baked strawberry, toasted almond, candied pink grapefruit peel and spice flavors set on the lively, persistent mousse. Drink now.
JD90 Jeb Dunnuck

The NV Champagne Prestige Brut Rosé is a bold style, with a deep pink hue and a distinctive, fruit-forward red wine profile. Its notes of ripe raspberry, beet root, fresh herbs, crushed roses are followed by a structured and energetic mousse, with some tannic grip that would make a great application for shellfish. Drink over the next 10-15 years.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Happy Hump Day.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I think I'll pass on all the days but love the quote.  I hope Oosterdam is successful in getting into Stanley today.  I'll pass on the salmon.  Adelaide was a port on my very shortened 2020 QM2 world cruise, the penultimate port of call.  My tour there was mostly from inside the bus.  Great quote today.

Sept well again last night.  Today is my followup with the podiatrist.

Roy

• Like 31

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Another cold and frosty type morning at 32F with clear skies.  High will be 58 and sunny later on.  I had a rude awakening last night just before 2 am.  I got up to use the restroom and while walking in the dark I closed my eyes briefly and walked right into the edge of a door.  Ran right into my nose and forehead.  Boy, did that hurt!  I kept checking my nose to see if it was bleeding but it wasn't and I didn't see a bruise yet, so I took a few Tylenol and went back to bed.  If it had been daytime I would have put ice on it, but I wanted to try to go back to sleep.  Never did but I think I'm going to be okay.  Time will tell.  It doesn't hurt anymore.  But there went my restful night.  Motto is pry open your eyes to walk around the house at night so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the wonderful Daily and Fleet Report.  (does anyone else think the blue bubbles are a brighter blue than before?  Hmmm)  I don't know if I'm planning on celebrating our days today.  Buzzard Day.  No thanks.  Dumbstruck Day.  I think I already struck myself dumb at 2 am.  Everything You Think is Wrong Day sounds rather negative so I'm skipping that one.  Today's quote is great and I agree with it.  As for the menu suggestion, lots of you don't like coconut so it might not be popular.  I like coconut but not curry and prefer not to eat salmon.  Don't know why.  No thanks to the drink but the wine sounds nice.  Probably very expensive, too.  The port of Adelaide has been shown here twice before but it's a nice one so I'm fine with that.  The link to the two prior dates are shown below.  Hope you like the pictures!

Thanks to everyone who participates here especially the food and beverage people Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope, plus our list keeper Vanessa @JazzyV.  I'll say my prayers for those on our Care list and anyone here who needs them.  I know someone who needs lots of prayers but they prefer their problem be kept silent. 🙏  And three cheers to all on the Celebration list today.  Happy sailing and enjoy any other happy events taking place.  I got exciting news last night.  DGS Ren has made a decision on his future in soccer.  He has accepted a place on the Dallas soccer league team.  They prepare their boys for professional soccer playing in the future.  He will be joining them around August 1 and his Mom will be renting a place for them to live during his remaining 2 years of high school.  What a great honor for him!  It will mean a lot of traveling back and forth for DS to spend time with them, and older brother to Ren will be starting college in the fall so he would be away anyway.  Hoping for a bright future to both the DGSs.🥂

Here are the links to Oct. 21, 2021 and Dec. 18, 2022 to grab your photos.

We visited Adelaide, South Australia on the Sun Princess Circumnavigation cruise of Oct. 2017, five years ago.  Fond memories of that cruise.  On October 14, 2017 we took a CC roll call tour of wine country from Adelaide.  We got on our van and headed out of town, stopping once when the driver noticed a chubby koala in a tree.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEx7PPGpRwoX5PX7wS81vR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560453

First stop was Mount Lofty for a good overview of Adelaide.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZlaO07ySnD_ngXgQjSyG9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560463

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdI3ic6-69zEGLieUR19zC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560477

Our next stop was a lovely German influenced town of Hahndorf where we were allowed time to explore and get a bite to eat before we headed out to the wineries.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKUZn1WjXeI8-vskzIKqPM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560620

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAfjklRJK2-5w4yCGN8FKV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560591

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVTjN05Zbv49c-m5Vtw9Oj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560560

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXgVd5HXcNd8e1F5NWmjm5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560557

The Hahndorf Academy building from 1857.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxQH1QCeWr1Nm7vQbhuYMt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560573

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCjGOc-9iB6ZhmlXhpoQkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560612

Next we stopped at a bird sanctuary which I will skip photos of so that we can get to the wineries.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKoHx8IGXyNVXmoYbvDxkWp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560750

First one was the Grant Burge winery which was lovely. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI96ALFv5atHcgZ86_HYnSM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560791

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGNFpqSLjQDMnvp8jCEGNF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560779

The view from the tasting room.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI9msAtGhv5eXWBxoP6bwDd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560765

Next was the Chateau Dorrien winery which was more rustic instead of the sophistication of Grant Burge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdU1UgddKIbeaf826aedkB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560795

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKZEK559_3xc0kciWnAsS3-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560808

Everybody was getting chatty by now!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICXnC4EhAfj8mqJeb6Z-_e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560818

Heading back to the ship.  Rows of palm trees

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDSuRWjc4tA8ZKecv4z1HZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560840

Hope everyone here has a wonderful Wednesday!  Stay safe from the bad weather.❄️

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident Sandi and hope you are okay now.

The blue bubbles are much darker now.

Excellent photos of Adelaide.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a cold start again today, but the temps are warming to the 40s and we have blue skies and sunshine again today.  That can really cheer a person up.  And, yes, the blue bubbles are much brighter today.  I think they look great!  

Most of today's recipes have very subtle differences.  I tend to favor the ones that don't add sugar to the mix.  Although, the whole dish seems on the sweet side and definitely not low calorie!   This first one does sweeten everything up with a small amount of brown sugar.  https://pinchofyum.com/coconut-curry-salmon

coconutcurrysalmon1.thumb.jpg.1ec2b2e6a51a18468f0ca0197bfaa794.jpg

This next one is Coconut Curry with Garlic Butter.  I love Garlic Butter.  I'd put it on my oatmeal.  https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/coconut-curry-salmon/

coconutcurrysalmon2.thumb.jpg.0fa67244ba7fe859d81ac0f6c674f265.jpg

In this next one I would leave out the carrots and substitute the scallions for the cilantro.  I don't hate cilantro, but I think I would like the scallions more.   https://www.saltandlavender.com/salmon-coconut-curry/

coconutcurrysalmon3.thumb.jpg.cced6b84affa45144cbf85378869a357.jpg

I think I'd like the bell peppers in this one.  Another draw to this dish is the lime.  Mmmm   https://www.aheadofthyme.com/coconut-curry-salmon/

coconutcurrysalmon4.thumb.jpg.576ac989617f8b603b1b87a69ee81ce9.jpg

@Crazy For Cats Jake, you can always substitute chicken for the salmon.  

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning to all. The snow flew around but never accumulated yesterday but DSIL was nice enough to take DH to his appointment. Today it is really windy for right now but promises to get up to 45 or so later.

Buzzards Day reminds me of Buzzards Bay on the Cape in Massachusetts. We stayed there when the children were young and found that the water on that Bay was warmer than the National Seashore side and  of course the waves were little ripples. It was perfect at the time.

I will pass on the other days and the recipes and have not been to the port.

Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 26

Good Wednesday morning!  We had a sad event on the Volendam two night's ago. On our way to Dominica an entertainment crew member became critically ill. The captain sped toward Dominica but the man had passed away before we arrived. We were asked for discretion until family could be notified so today they are having 2 memorial services, one for crew and one for passengers.  I understand it was a younger members of the Ocean Bar Band.  Sincere sympathy for his family and his bandmates that knew him well. 

I just went down and picked up my last 2 doses of RA medicine from the medical center.  My dose for next week's drive can survive in the cooler in the cabin.   I just can't forget it.  

In San Juan today and we are berthed in the hinterlands by the jet port. We were here in December, once per cruise is enough.  It appears at least 4 other massive ships are in port.  I am missing one suitcase but all haven't been delivered from storage.   We are shipping all 6 back, 3 shipped and three carried aboard in FL.  

Thank you for the Daily Reports Sandi and congratulations on you DG.  Sorry about your bump in the night. Ouch.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. I signed up for On Deck for a Cause for the 17th.  Thank you for today's comestibles, I'll pass on the salmon and the minty cocktail. Here is today's wine with our favorite wine steward, Carl on New Years Eve 2022 on the Volendam.  It is a wonderful champagne. Have a wonderful day.  Nancy 

10176.jpeg

Edited by ottahand7
Add photo
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 9

@StLouisCruiserscongratulations to your DGS! Soccer is the sport of choice for dh. Who knows, we might be seeing REN on the screen in a couple of years! 

@JazzyVthank you for putting DDs family on the care list. They are getting better, mild cases thank goodness. Dgs was able to attend class last night wearing a mask. Now he needs to reschedule his exam that he missed. 

lovely sunshine this morning but a bit chilly. Still better than grey and snow. I hope @kazu doesn’t get too snowed in. (Blue bubble not working?)

have a great day everyone

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good Wednesday morning!  We had a sad event on the Volendam two night's ago. On our way to Dominica an entertainment crew member became critically ill. The captain sped toward Dominica but the man had passed away before we arrived. We were asked for discretion until family could be notified so today they are having 2 memorial services, one for crew and one for passengers.  I understand it was a younger members of the Ocean Bar Band.  Sincere sympathy for his family and his bandmates that knew him well. 

I just went down and picked up my last 2 doses of RA medicine from the medical center.  My dose for next week's drive can survive in the cooler in the cabin.   I just can't forget it.  

In San Juan today and we are berthed in the hinterlands by the jet port. We were here in December, once per cruise is enough.  It appears at least 4 other massive ships are in port.  I am missing one suitcase but all haven't been delivered from storage.   We are shipping all 6 back, 3 shipped and three carried aboard in FL.  

Thank you for the Daily Reports Sandi and congratulations on you DG.  Sorry about your bump in the night. Ouch.  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. I signed up for On Deck for a Cause for the 17th.  Thank you for today's comestibles, I'll pass on the salmon and the minty cocktail. Here is today's wine with our favorite wine steward, Carl on New Years Eve 2022 on the Volendam.  It is a wonderful champagne. Have a wonderful day.  Nancy 

10176.jpeg

Nancy, how shocking to hear of the death of one of the Ocean Bar Band.  Do you know if the current band members are the same as the ones onboard for my Nov. Dec 2022 Amazon cruise on Volendam.  That would be right before you boarded in December.  

We went to see them play whenever possible and they were quite good.  Here is a photo of the band when we were on board.  Are they the same band?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKq3lRa052w1q5zyxeFLZQWUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531059

It's possible they switched up band members after our cruise and before the Grand Voyage.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We have only had turkey buzzards around this part of the world for the past few years - wow, are they ugly!  I'm not often dumbstruck, and I seriously hope not everything I think is wrong!  What a great quote.

It's nice that we can see the sun coming up a little earlier in the morning, and it's still up at 6PM - that might mean spring is coming.   @StLouisCruiserscongrats to your DGS; it's a big step for him and his soccer career - I wish him all the best. 

DH has a respirologist appointment today as it's been a year since his appointment about a CPAP.  I'm sure he's not going to be thrilled (the Dr) because DH doesn't keep it on all night - he says when he gets up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, he just can't be bothered putting the mask on again.  He also said he often wakes and is stuffed up, so takes it off.  We've used several different masks, and he's had the same results, so who knows?  I'm past the point of trying to argue with him about it - he's nearly 82 years old; it just isn't worth it.

Today is also the Ides of March - DH said he's going to find a Caesar salad and stab it.  A dear departed friend of ours who was a great outdoorsman, and who lived on a lake, always held an ice fishing derby for his friends on the weekend closest to March 15th - he called the Ides of Perch Derby.  In his honour, we're going to have some lake-caught walleye (no perch in the freezer), air fryer fries and a Caesar salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to everyone with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3