Number of Drinks Incorrect

Anyone else have issues with their number of free drinks getting calculated incorrectly? Last month on the Vision, several nights, I was getting "charged" for one or more free drinks in the MDR in error.  So when I go to the Schooner or another bar later, I think I still have free drinks available, but they tell me I've used them all. Not sure how it happened, but it was very frustrating, and I found myself at guest services too many times getting the charges removed. How can this be avoided going forward? I do not get the beverage package, just my five free daily.

Edited by superduper123

1 minute ago, superduper123 said:

Anyone else have issues with their number of free drinks getting calculated incorrectly? Last month on the Vision, several nights, I was getting "charged" for one or more free drinks in the MDR in error.  So when I go to the Schooner or another bar later, I think I still have free drinks available, but they tell me I've used them all. Not sure how it happened, but it was very frustrating, and I found myself as guest services too many times getting the charges removed. How can this be avoided going forward? I do not get the beverage package, just my five free daily.

I can't say it works this way on every ship, but on Harmony and Indy during my last 4 cruises, my D drinks show up in the app as $0.00 almost instantly after using one. That doesn't prevent a mistake, of course, but you can check as you go at least. It's also one of two ways I track them (the other being how much tip $ is left in my pocket).

• Like 1

Keep count of how many drinks you’ve had?  If you were charged for a drink, you should have had to sign a slip for it.  And if you were charged in error, did the charge show in your on board account?  Did you tell whomever got the drink for you in the MDR to use a voucher?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Keep count of how many drinks you’ve had?  If you were charged for a drink, you should have had to sign a slip for it.  And if you were charged in error, did the charge show in your on board account?  Did you tell whomever got the drink for you in the MDR to use a voucher?

That was a problem. They were not taking my seapass, and I was not signing a receipt. The first night, when I ordered a glass of wine, they made note of my cabin number and that was it. 

• Like 1

I had someone use  my drink  pack at 1130pm one night on the Independence. Used it again the next night at the sky bar around 1110 pm.I went to guess services and they can put a notification on my Card that when the card  or number  is used  they must check ID. No more  problem the rest of cruise. The problem often arises when a lazy servers ask the party What is your room number. I got told by a senior staff member at CS that often people put signs on their cabin door of how many cruises etc they have and the dishonest know cabin #---- get at least 4 to 6 drinks and using their number will proberly be good. They always find a way

2 minutes ago, villager70 said:

I had someone use  my drink  pack at 1130pm one night on the Independence. Used it again the next night at the sky bar around 1110 pm.I went to guess services and they can put a notification on my Card that when the card  or number  is used  they must check ID. No more  problem the rest of cruise. The problem often arises when a lazy servers ask the party What is your room number. I got told by a senior staff member at CS that often people put signs on their cabin door of how many cruises etc they have and the dishonest know cabin #---- get at least 4 to 6 drinks and using their number will proberly be good. They always find a way

Wow. 

6 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Why on earth would anyone put how many cruises they sailed on their door?  This takes the art of bragging to a new level.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Over multiple cruises twice drinks have been charged to our vouchers in error. Each time one of us stopped by the Diamond Concierge’s desk and the errors were quickly corrected.  I’d recommend that over guest services unless your concierge is overwhelmed by other guests.

While our voucher usage in bars generally show up on the app immediately, those used in the dining room may take hours to show up on some ships some evenings.  Thus we find cannot rely on the app to know how many vouchers remain, and I assume other bartenders cannot know those vouchers have been used either.

This last trip on EN a couple of weeks ago, one day I looked at my account and it said I had used a free drink in the  Pool Bar.  All I'd had that day was a cafe mocha from Cafe Lattetudes and that was on my account already.  I mentioned it to the DL concierge that evening and she said so we didnt' have to go stand in line at the CS she would just have the waiter give me my drink without running our number.  She couldn't deduct a free drink from the account.  That was fine but it wasn't a real concern as i never use all mine.  My concern was someone else used my number.  What probably happened is a waiter punched in the wrong cabin number for someone, but still.  You need to keep an eye on your account on the app.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, superduper123 said:

Anyone else have issues with their number of free drinks getting calculated incorrectly? Last month on the Vision, several nights, I was getting "charged" for one or more free drinks in the MDR in error.  So when I go to the Schooner or another bar later, I think I still have free drinks available, but they tell me I've used them all. Not sure how it happened, but it was very frustrating, and I found myself at guest services too many times getting the charges removed. How can this be avoided going forward? I do not get the beverage package, just my five free daily.

So,,, when you went to Guest Services, did you find out exactly where the drinks were being charged or double charged? They don't disappear from your account, someone has to be removing them. Find out what you're doing or what you are saying that is causing them to be double-removed from your account. 

31 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Each time one of us stopped by the Diamond Concierge’s desk and the errors were quickly corrected.  I’d recommend that over guest services unless your concierge is overwhelmed by other guests.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, superduper123 said:

That was a problem. They were not taking my seapass, and I was not signing a receipt. The first night, when I ordered a glass of wine, they made note of my cabin number and that was it. 

we never order our drinks in the MDR. We’ll stop at a bar on the way there and bring one with us.  We’ve had that same thing happen to us there.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

we never order our drinks in the MDR. We’ll stop at a bar on the way there and bring one with us.  We’ve had that same thing happen to us there.  

Yes, I should have learned after the first few times... 🫣

36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, when you went to Guest Services, did you find out exactly where the drinks were being charged or double charged? They don't disappear from your account, someone has to be removing them. Find out what you're doing or what you are saying that is causing them to be double-removed from your account. 

Yes, they were being charged in the MDR. 

11 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We tend to do that, too, but sometimes one of us might like a different wine (or second glass) with the main course.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

So you should tell the server to use your Vouchers?

Now if you're in the Suite Lounge do you also need to tell them NOT to use your Diamond vouchers, but to use your Suite vouchers?

Are suite vouchers a thing? I thought it was unlimited.

When you get a diamond drink they often (but not always) print a receipt for you and at the bottom of the receipt is the number of free drinks you have remaining for the day. 

If they don't give the receipt they usually tell me how many free drinks I have left.

If you ordered drinks in the MDR they would count against your free drinks. 

9 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

When you get a diamond drink they often (but not always) print a receipt for you and at the bottom of the receipt is the number of free drinks you have remaining for the day. 

If they don't give the receipt they usually tell me how many free drinks I have left.

Is this new since October? I've never gotten a receipt or been told my balance but haven't sailed since then.

Edited by OCSC Mike

7 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I did not get a receipt when I ordered a drink in the MDR. And more evenings than not, there was a problem with being charged for more than I actually had.