The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 13th, 2023

Today is National Birth Mother's Day, Frog Jumping Day, and International Hummus Day

What a slut time is. She screws everybody.--John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Meal Suggestion for today - Garlic & Herb Steak Pizza
Drink of the Day - Candy Apple Margarita
Wine of the Day - Nino Franco Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Brut, Veneto, Italy
Destination of the Day - Parintins, Brazil Amazon

Today in History:
1787 Arthur Phillip sets sails with 11 ships of criminals to Botany Bay, Australia

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Valdez, Alaska 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Holland eta 5-14 

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 5-14 

Oosterdam

Alicante, Spain 10:00 - 21:00

Rotterdam

Helsinki, Finland 07:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Westerdam

Victoria, BC Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Montreal, Quebec 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Praia Da Vitoria, Azores eta 5-19 

image.thumb.png.86efd905a173e6982c0f9f157809d95e.png

image.thumb.png.6f40f3fb425f7651ba178353df092ffe.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  I have 64F here with a high of 84 and clouds/sun mix expected.  A good day for flying!  Thank you Rich @richwmn for compiling the Daily and Fleet Report.  Hope you had a good night's sleep and are ready to get home now.

Our days today are Birth Mother's Day, Frog Jumping Day and International Hummus Day.  Not a traditional Hallmark card event nonetheless a very important day to those who were adopted.  Without their birth Mother they would not be here.  So they actually have two Mothers to celebrate this weekend.  Frog jumping is something I have no experience with and I've never eaten hummus so saying I don't like it would be inaccurate.  I just don't know if I do.

I won't comment on the quote.  Our menu suggestion is another pizza, this time garlic and Herb Steak Pizza.  Thanks Debbie @dfish for your recipes and photos today!  The candy apple margarita 🍸sounds fancy and the Italian Prosecco sounds great! 🥂 Thanks to our gals Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports on them.  

The day in history sounds like a lot of ships to handle at one time especially back in 1787.  Amazing how they thought of the idea of shipping all the prisoners to another part of the world would be a good thing.  They just wanted to dust their hands of them I suppose.  

Prayers today for our list of Care people.  We hope the prayers hasten your healing or recovery!🙏  Three cheers to the lucky Celebration people!  May all your cruises and happy events be wonderful.  Thank you Eva @superoma for handling this while Vanessa is away.  I reported last evening on the Jaguars - Silicon Valley game.  Jags won 4 - 0 and Ren scored 2, one of them being a penalty kick.  DH tells me Ren is good at those because he takes a step, does a little hitch step, sees which direction the goalie is headed and kicks it the other way.  Sounds good to me!  So a big hurray to them today.  I hope today's game is just as great for them.

The port of the day is Parintins, Brazil.  We've had it here twice before on Dec. 11, 2021 and April 24, 2022.  How ironic that I'm working on making my photo book of the Amazon River cruise now, and I haven't quite gotten to the Parintins port.  I have Alter Do Chao next and then Parintins.  That means I have no pictures already posted and will have to look up which ones to post!  Oh boy!  I'll place the links here for you if you have already posted your photos already so you can retrieve them easily.  

I guess I will just post this now and go on the hunt for the photos of Parintins.  Have a great Saturday everyone and don't forget what tomorrow is!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the continued Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Quite a quote today. When I first read it seemed a little inappropriate until I googled it and then it made no sense. Usually when I get screwed it’s with a Phillips or flat head one!  😀 

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

On Nov. 30, 2022 the Volendam arrived at Parintins, Brazil.  Our plans that day were to go to the Boi Bumpa show so we headed over to shore across that muddy water.  While crossing we saw a few glimpses of the pink dolphins in the water.  Here is the landing spot in "lovely" Parintins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm4im_DWoov02IdnbnXz0QUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531689

On the way to the convention center to get our seats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLB1sKFAGHKpiK6uMWbsJ6g4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530697

Just outside the door as we were going in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaz_wFv2SfkN8pcW9fhGSTqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530698

Waiting for things to start.  People were taking photos with a couple of performers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWA-cUtErqi0JFuXetOT2JUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530699

We were seated on the flat, main floor at first but someone near us started coughing a lot so we went to the back where there was a narrow platform against the back wall and stood up there with a large group of other guests.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2mvcgXH-tHk-sJ601icXJKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530704

I took lots of photos, some blurry due to the action, and some videos.  The music was LOUD!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7F0-dITxdmQco_jxLhebGqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530707

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLarDpL48gGj15pyoUiN06LKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4e7eSMkqa5c5MO_88nRrJ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531727

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKa6U0uFhlYSW4_jJIkZm0OV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530722

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7Eo7Sq7mhqfjtwEodYyQ-VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530732

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDmOF2q9QXeHK9oG6AiJSbKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530733

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIh8V5HBMhIgOGpEsvx17-j5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWbyH2lLbl4nGKq7h08r6UKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBQVcq87MW1ygwmjZq-WlwldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1683119352

I took a lot of photos but just wish they would have all been clear.  But you get the idea.  If you go be prepared for the noise level.  One man below us held his fingers in his ears the whole time.  After the show we headed back to the dock and tendered back over.  You can take a bus but we walked it because it was faster than waiting for everyone to board.  Next is a photo taken of the shore, dock and hill you walk up to get to the main street.  We took that one from the ship.  If you go to Parintins this is the thing to do.  Not much else happening if you ask me.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I made it home last night and traffic was good until I got to the Mass Pike, lots of backups.  The kids were happy to see me and immediately demanded to be fed.😆 This weekend is all about prepping for Saturdays Zaandam cruise.  Laundry is already started. I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.a5ff7346111e1e341854eec837c7a396.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 2

Have been to todays port, last November with @StLouisCruisersSandi and Dennis.  It was a great port stop  Will post photo's later.

Candy Apple Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
6 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
1 can Limeade
3 parts DeKuyper® Hot Damn!® Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur
8 parts Candy Apple Soda

Instructions
Serves 9. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher filled with ice.

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 5.51.12 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 11

Good morning from a partly sunny 54°F here in NE England.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers who has faithfully kept the daily reports going while Rich has been on his world cruise.

I do not like Hummus.

I Feel sorry for mothers who had to give their babies away.

Nice food and wine today.

Prayers 🙏 for improvement for all on the care list.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

• Like 20

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Nov. 30, 2022 the Volendam arrived at Parintins, Brazil.  Our plans that day were to go to the Boi Bumpa show so we headed over to shore across that muddy water.  While crossing we saw a few glimpses of the pink dolphins in the water.  Here is the landing spot in "lovely" Parintins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm4im_DWoov02IdnbnXz0QUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531689

On the way to the convention center to get our seats.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLB1sKFAGHKpiK6uMWbsJ6g4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530697

Just outside the door as we were going in.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaz_wFv2SfkN8pcW9fhGSTqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530698

Waiting for things to start.  People were taking photos with a couple of performers.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWA-cUtErqi0JFuXetOT2JUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530699

We were seated on the flat, main floor at first but someone near us started coughing a lot so we went to the back where there was a narrow platform against the back wall and stood up there with a large group of other guests.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2mvcgXH-tHk-sJ601icXJKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530704

I took lots of photos, some blurry due to the action, and some videos.  The music was LOUD!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK7F0-dITxdmQco_jxLhebGqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530707

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLarDpL48gGj15pyoUiN06LKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4e7eSMkqa5c5MO_88nRrJ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677531727

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKa6U0uFhlYSW4_jJIkZm0OV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530722

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7Eo7Sq7mhqfjtwEodYyQ-VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530732

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDmOF2q9QXeHK9oG6AiJSbKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530733

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIh8V5HBMhIgOGpEsvx17-j5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLWbyH2lLbl4nGKq7h08r6UKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1677530748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBQVcq87MW1ygwmjZq-WlwldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1683119352

I took a lot of photos but just wish they would have all been clear.  But you get the idea.  If you go be prepared for the noise level.  One man below us held his fingers in his ears the whole time.  After the show we headed back to the dock and tendered back over.  You can take a bus but we walked it because it was faster than waiting for everyone to board.  Next is a photo taken of the shore, dock and hill you walk up to get to the main street.  We took that one from the ship.  If you go to Parintins this is the thing to do.  Not much else happening if you ask me.  

Thank you Sandi for your photos and feedback of this port.

• Like 12

Good morning.  Happy Saturday!  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another nice day in the forecast for us today, we should get to a sunny 20°C (68°F) this afternoon.  I think I'll do some laundry and hang it outside to dry.  Still no long walks with Bertie, but we think he's healing, I'll go for my walks alone unless I can tear DH away from his projects to accompany me.

A salute to all mothers, especially those that had the strength to give their children to someone who could do a better job to raise them.  No frog jumping around here.   Hummus is tasty.

No comment on the quote.

I think the meal, drink and wine would be wonderful.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 23

Good morning! We are both enjoying our quiet time as it will be two full days of grand parenting. Planning to take them to a nearby play ground. Last night we played a Jumangi board game and had no clue what we were doing. I ended up winning and still have no clue what I did to accomplish that.

We have been pretty successful in helping three year be potty trained. She’s a bundle of joy but can wear us out. The seven year old has been testing our patience and yesterday Nana took away the daily 30 minutes of I Pad time. 
Sandi thanks for getting the Daily rolling off the press.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.59798aac24687b028c6bb9851246555a.jpegimage.jpeg.f21cafb33953b771bd12cdd5f6bcb8fb.jpegimage.jpeg.f75cffba1e0b1d3e6473b7125b264deb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1b9f70d4b2dffdf318868deab7e7e07c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.52c3aa90df0279c823df5f424a87e1b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.71156289fb47448c348640f78b8a3e89.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

Bruce @aliaschief great memes today especially finding the lost socks.  Can that photo be real??  Good grief!  You're doing a wonderful job caring for the kids.  Having to take away screen time is tough but necessary.  And congrats on progress on the potty training!

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for your nice comments to me but it occurred to me we should not forget Roy @rafinmd was the original relief editor here for about 5 weeks until he was hospitalized with pneumonia and low sodium.  So a round of applause to Roy for helping out so much on this publication.  We wouldn't have gotten this far without you!👏👏👏

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Saturday May 13 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, 

Prayers for the family of the Japanese harbour pilot who fell to his death from the rope ladder as he boarded 

Canadian armed forces deployed to help fight fires in alberta

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Status of St. Louis Sal(6/29/22) and JAM37 (6/20/22)

Status of irishjim (10/31/22)

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations

National nursing week May 8 to 14 in Canada

National teacher appreciation week 

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH moving to rehab closer to home

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 days SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

Cruising

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Sandi showed great photos from the Boi Bumpa so here are ones from a park near the convention center. Also, we bought our dd a soccer jersey with Peles name on the back shortly before he died. 

IMG_4068.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for today’s R & D Sandi & Rich! Safe travels home, Rich!  A gorgeous morning here. A quick pop in, before I head out to breakfast with friends. Then we are visiting a nearby state park for their monthly plant sale. I still have some gaps to fill. Wrapping up the day with a pool party at my place. 

Thank you for keeping track of us, Eva!

IMG_1280.jpeg.48933ab493ac9349f9e1da4cbed88f93.jpeg

IMG_1293.jpeg.704f42c4680aa8c6ec0a2896ae7eb742.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Nino Franco Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Brut, Veneto, Italy

This Prosecco sounds lovely and lively! Numerous distributors with prices starting at $18.99.

Winemaker Notes

#1 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 Wines of 2019

Made in the heart of the Prosecco DOCG zone, Nino Franco’s Rustico Prosecco Superiore is unquestionably the world’s finest value in a high-quality sparkling wine. Made from 100% Glera (traditionally called Prosecco), the non-vintage, light-bodied Rustico offers gorgeously elegant notes of pear, citrus and honeysuckle. The texture is creamy, soft and delicate with persistent effervescence.  

The word ‘Rustico’ dates back to an old winemaking tradition where Prosecco was made using a short second fermentation in the bottle and leaving the sediments in the wine. Although no longer the technique, the name ‘Rustico’ has remained as a reflection of quality and tradition.

Pair with charcuterie, risotto, vegetables, seafood and delicate pasta dishes.

WE94 Wine Enthusiast
This lovely sparkler never disappoints. It's fragrant, with delicate scents of white spring flowers and white stone fruits while the dry, refreshing palate offers ripe pear, apple and white peach alongside a hint of fennel seed. An elegant perlage and fresh acidity provide the backdrop.
JS92 James Suckling
A very well-made Prosecco with a fresh and pure nose, showing peaches, flowers, melon and a mineral undertone. Creamy with lively froth, carrying the refreshing and green citrus and apple flavors through to the end.
V91 Vinous

The NV Prosecco Superiore Rustico wafts up with a remarkably fresh mix of sweet florals, melon and smoke. It washes across the palate with an elegant wave of ripe orchard fruits and sweet spices; a twang of sour citrus adds contrast. There's a slightly tropical feel to the finale, yet savory as well. The Rustico keeps the mouth watering, and hints of candied almonds slowly fade. Anyone looking to take their prosecco game to the next level without breaking the bank, look no further.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

thanks for our Saturday Daily, Sandi.

Quite the collection of days today!  I’ll pass on the frog jumping and hummus.  Nice that Birth Mothers have not been forgotten and also celebrated on Mother’s Day weekend. 👍 

Sometimes that quote feels very true.  The Prosecco sounds good and I’m guessing expensive.  I’ll wait to see what @cat shepard reports.

IMG_3513.thumb.jpeg.d870756cd43f4e449423fdabcd621330.jpeg

Ivan and I are hoping to get a bit of work done outside today depending on the stupid elbow.  I’ll be glad when the incision is completely healed.  Ivan is still nervous about the grass but I think I am making progress 🤞 

And I have a ton of babies that need to be transplanted and thinned and toughened up.  LOL.

IMG_3522.thumb.jpeg.b26ee8aba7874505d9ea6d5c8966383c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.  

IMG_0617.jpeg.3c036115d8c45140194861c9b14cfabb.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone.

• Like 34

Good morning, everyone. Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

I do love hummus so today is my day!

I am feeling better today. Looks like I had a 24-hour virus. 

I checked my boarding documents, and they have the official barcode! Yeah! Two weeks from today is my travel day to Anchorage. 

The suitcases are coming upstairs today. Going to get stuff packed. 

Cruise day is almost here!

Thinking of everyone today. 

Have a safe and healthy Saturday!

• Like 27

Good morning folks.  Thank-you for the daily report.  A busy day planned today, first to the garden center to buy plants for the roof deck, then to the grocery store.  Cheers to birth mothers, jumping frogs  and hummus, although it’s a little difficult to get excited about hummus.  The quote is so true, tempus fugit.  I’ll pass on the meal and drink suggestions today.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list. Happy _________ to those of you celebrating happy events.

• Like 21

Safe travels home Rich.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  I'll salute Birth Mothers but pass on both the frog jumping and Hummus.  The quote is interesting.  We seem to have a run of Amazon ports recently.  My recollection is that the treatment of Australian convicts was pretty shabby.  I  like both steak and pizza but don't think I would combine them.  My alternative is Apple and Pear Gazpacho with Passion Fruit Sorbet, Oven Roasted Beef Ternderloin with Button Mushrooms, and Key Lime and White Chocolate Tart as served at the Mariner brunch for my 2016 Veendam Bermuda cruise.

beef.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Happy Saturday!

Although I do not like the word choice of the quote, I think it is important you understand the speaker and the context. The Fault in Our Stars is the story of two teenagers who have terminal cancer.  Hazel and Gus fall in love and go on an adventure.  The book was extremely popular with my students; it was made into a movie.

I love hummus, easy to make and good for you.  I’ve recently started adding a roasted beet, adds a bit of sweetness and makes it a pretty color.

I would happily raise a glass of Prosecco to those celebrating and cruising.  Positive thoughts to those who need them.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Sandi showed great photos from the Boi Bumpa so here are ones from a park near the convention center. Also, we bought our dd a soccer jersey with Peles name on the back shortly before he died. 

IMG_4068.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_4038.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Very nice photos Dixie of the park.  I didn't see a park.  Next time maybe...LOL!  Quite a collection of statues there.  Interesting they have a statue with a bull similar to the one in the Boi Bumpa show.  I'm sure that soccer jersey was a big hit with your DD.  

Jacqui @kazu prayers that incision heals soon.  I'm glad to hear Ivan is doing better with the grass now.  Good luck with all the planting you have left to do!

@Denise T good to hear you are feeling better already.  Got to get that packing finished!

Roy @rafinmd I'll have some of your alternative Mariner brunch menu tonight.  Sounds delicious!

Time to sort photos for Alter do Chao for my next photo book page.  Later!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 0106 said:

Happy Saturday!

Although I do not like the word choice of the quote, I think it is important you understand the speaker and the context. The Fault in Our Stars is the story of two teenagers who have terminal cancer.  Hazel and Gus fall in love and go on an adventure.  The book was extremely popular with my students; it was made into a movie.

I love hummus, easy to make and good for you.  I’ve recently started adding a roasted beet, adds a bit of sweetness and makes it a pretty color.

I would happily raise a glass of Prosecco to those celebrating and cruising.  Positive thoughts to those who need them.

I always appreciate when you explain the quote in context. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1