Drink Vouchers

We usually get the drink package but we can book two connecting balcony cabins (me in one cabin and spouse/daughter in the other cabin for booking purposes) for the same price as a one cabin for 3 people next March. Since we are doing this, I plan to only buy one drink package and then the spouse can use all 10 vouchers per day.

I know the vouchers can be shared but will they transfer my 5 vouchers to the spouse card so I don’t have order the drinks We have transferred our free internet days to our daughter’s card before but I’ve never tried for drink vouchers.

Edited by CruisingHogFan

20 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We usually get the drink package but we can book two connecting balcony cabins (me in one cabin and spouse/daughter in the other cabin for booking purposes) for the same price as a one cabin for 3 people next March. Since we are doing this, I plan to only buy one drink package and then the spouse can use all 10 vouchers per day.

I know the vouchers can be shared but will they transfer my 5 vouchers to the spouse card so I don’t have order the drinks We have transferred our free internet days to our daughter’s card before but I’ve never tried for drink vouchers.

I think you are mistaken about transferring your free wifi to your daughter. On wifi you can share your login but you dont transfer your perks to someone else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think you are mistaken about transferring your free wifi to your daughter. On wifi you can share your login but you dont transfer your perks to someone else. 

Nope, I buy the package so I have internet under my login all week. We have transferred our free internet days several times on the first day by guest services and she uses her own login without issues.

Edited by CruisingHogFan

Just now, CruisingHogFan said:

Nope, I buy the package so I have internet under my login all week. We have transferred our free internet days several times and she uses her own login without issues.

The internet days transfer is very dependent on who is in charge of the internet on each ship some will and some won't transfer.

The drink vouchers transfer will NOT happen.

I use my wife's sea pass card to use her vouchers (either while getting a drink for her or for me, she usually only uses 2-3 per day). Why the need to transfer? Just hand your wife your sea pass if she's out of vouchers and she can order her own drinks with your sea pass.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I use my wife's sea pass card to use her vouchers (either while getting a drink for her or for me, she usually only uses 2-3 per day). Why the need to transfer? Just hand your wife your sea pass if she's out of vouchers and she can order her own drinks with your sea pass.

I get that but a lot of times we aren’t together so was just seeing if it’s a possibility. Not a huge deal either way

6 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I get that but a lot of times we aren’t together so was just seeing if it’s a possibility. Not a huge deal either way

That popped into my head after I posted; makes sense.

20 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Just trade cards for that instance.  We've done that. Should be no problem.  

M

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just trade cards for that instance.  We've done that. Should be no problem.  

M

I was going to say that but then he won't be able to use his DBP.

10 hours ago, JOVERNITE said:

Are the evening happy hour drinks for Diamond count toward the vouchers?

Drink wise, there's no more happy hour - regardless of venue the vouchers work 24/7 - well, until you run out of them.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Just chiming in to say that's a pretty smart way to use your vouchers.  Also a smart way to only pay, IMO, the exorbitant price of one drink package.

Agreed. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to replicate the strategy but I also appreciate what the OP did here.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I have just used the room number and told the bartender to use my wife vouchers.  I am sure that that is dependent on the bartender but I haven't ever had a problem using hers while we were apart.

i have had bartenders tell me that my 5 drinks were all used up but DW still has drinks left on hers. of course that is after a few tips spread out over a few drinks. they always ask if i want to use DW's voucher and of course i say yes..and a thank you..i always tip $1 per drink whereever i get a drink

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

i have had bartenders tell me that my 5 drinks were all used up but DW still has drinks left on hers. of course that is after a few tips spread out over a few drinks. they always ask if i want to use DW's voucher and of course i say yes..and a thank you..i always tip $1 per drink whereever i get a drink

Them barkeepers learn fast. They understand the game that needs to be played and how to make that tip.  

22 hours ago, cruisegus said:

The internet days transfer is very dependent on who is in charge of the internet on each ship some will and some won't transfer.

The drink vouchers transfer will NOT happen.

This.

In March they would not transfers my wifes internet to me on Oasis they in May they transferred my sons to me.

Definitely no on the vouchers.