The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 30th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Thank you to Rich, Eva, Ann, Dixie for all you do to keep this thread going each day.

Graham, each day you make me a bit smarter with your explanation of each of the days we celebrate. Thank you to you too.

We have another gloomy day.  However it is a bit warmer.

I am going to try to get some clothes together. It appears that I need things that are of the warmer variety for this cruise rather than the regular summer variety.

Welcome home to Lorraine and Vanessa.

@smitty34877 Prayers for your DH

Hope everyone has a good day and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not terribly creative, but certainly admire the trait in others; I can cheat by following directions, though.  While not partial to mint juleps, I have had one.  Grateful for the rains we've had over the past few days, as that has relieved me of having to water the flowers in the yard.  I've learned for houseplants, I'm better off with succulents, as they thrive on neglect.

@smitty34877 sending good vibes to your DH for tomorrow, and prayers for his surgical team.

@dfish I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and can't wait to see your house when it has it's new colours!

We've got brownish skies and an orange sun again this morning because of the fires in our province and Alberta.  There doesn't seem to be any wind, so I think it's going to stay that way all day, we're expecting a high temp of +28C (82F) so it should be a nice day anyway.  We heard about the fires in the Maritime provinces on the news - how awful!!

Yesterday afternoon DH had a call from his cardiologist's office saying they had a cancellation and could he come in this morning for an appointment - certainly!  So we're heading off to his appointment because he's been having an increase in the amount of angina over the past few months.  So much so, that yesterday he finally suggested we sign up a lawn care service for the year.  It's hard for him to give up things, but I don't push him, I wait for him to let me know when the time is right.  He's 82 now and I want to keep him around for a good while yet.

I don't think I'd enjoy the drink of the day, so will leave it for others, and who chooses the wines?   Yikes on the price again, LOL.  I'm going to tuck the recipe of the day away, as it sounds delicious; we had a large container of strawberries that needed to be dealt with, so I sliced them up, sprinkled sugar over and packed them into freezer bags - then I can bring them out for use as ice cream topping or on angel food cake.  DH has said we haven't had hot dogs for a long time, so he'll be grilling tonight and we'll enjoy them with coleslaw for a light evening meal on the deck.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who has need of them, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Sunny this morning, the computer says it's humid.  

I took @RMLincoln's advise and took a nap yesterday, from 11-2, got up and lay down on the sofa and cried through A Man Called Otto.  and then binge watched Queen Charlotte, a Bridgerton prequel. Went to sleep at 1:15 a.m. Slept til 8:15 and now I am ready to go back to sleep.  I still have to walk the dog today, but other than that, I am not going to do anything except for foraging for food.  I tested again last night, still very positive.  How long does this last?

I saw the picture posted earlier of the damage done on the Carnival Sunshine, and now I am off to find any articles about the storm.

All the ferals are missing this morning.  Not sure what is up with that, but I have heard a fox screaming during the last few nights.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a mostly sunny and calm central Texas. It is 67F and is supposed to reach 85F this afternoon.  No rain in sight until next weekend and then most days next week.  That is the normal pattern this time of year, and the rain is usually popup thunderstorms in the late afternoon.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  In the meantime, our sprinkler will take care of watering the yard and the flowers.

While  I'll celebrate Creativity Day, I'm not very creative.  Mint Julep Day should be on the second Saturday of May when the Kentucky Derby is run.  As I said, the sprinkler system will water the flowers.

The Wilson Mizner quote is true as in the end, the house always wins.  I'm not much of a gambler, but the penny slot machines are a good way to spend an evening in Las Vegas.  My limit is $20 a night which is cheap entertainment in LV.  Some nights go a lot more quickly than others.  

I think we'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  The wine sounds nice, but I don't like the price.

DH likes watching the Indy 500, and has always wanted to go the the race at least once.  I don't think that will happen now.

This is the first time Valdez has been the port of the day so there are no links to post here.  We have been to Valdez at least twice on motorhome trips to Alaska, but that was before digital cameras were around.  

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the explanation of two of today's days to celebrate.

@ocean sounds  Such sad news about the two teens.  My heart goes out to the families and especially to the one who's teen is still missing.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope they get the wildfire under control today.  

@cruising sister  Welcome home, Lorraine.  I'm so happy you enjoyed your cruise and booked another one.  I enjoyed reading your thread about the cruise.

@smitty34877  Terry, sending positive thoughts for a good outcome and quick recovery for your husband's surgery tomorrow.  The hospitals around here now require that someone stays in the hospital during the surgery.  With DH's two surgeries last year, the OR waiting room was closed, and they took me to his room to wait.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you are almost 100%.  Sorry about the itching.  My mother always said that when a wound started itching that meant it was healing.  I like the idea of getting paint samples and trying them before decided on the color.  It should keep you from having to live with a mistake.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad the pump is working and that your flowers are now happy.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope your DH's appointment goes well, and that he can get help with the angina.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad you got some sleep last night, but continue to take it easy.

344935324_2154918174704664_2221276296012667553_n.jpg.600ae64646a305a1fd8861a4eb639def.jpg

343003758_617762886597118_2833854334520755630_n.jpg.109152b425101ef2d1c41d8a4c87d567.jpg

341528308_757686589040745_2136255974559440094_n.jpg.e0ab54326a84af159a6a75ad62eb1fe8.jpg

342752938_528144289526967_4712588115856213223_n.jpg.e3e9064d03540365562fe623bcc786f7.jpg

342995659_208126995264559_2705904089049279984_n.jpg.aca3153aea833507d14c59cd483098d5.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

@kazu  Jacqui, Happy Birthday!

I have never been a gambler but for some reason have been quite lucky the last two out of three cruises with quarter slots. One cruise netted just over four figures and the other high six figures. The third - oh well - was a bust. The trick is to walk away after winning, and come back the next day.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Happy birthday Jacqui!  

we got back from world cruise 5/12 and have been busy dealing with water leak, and broken stove igniter and wine cooler. Also I was told I need implants for 2 teeth, so I’m getting a second opinion today.  But we are both feeling well!  And trying to lose the few pounds we gained on cruise.

thanks for all of the info and jokes!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Rosemary is an ornamental evergreen shrub with attractive, aromatic, deep green leaves and blue flowers in spring and early summer.

Who would have thought booze could make flowers bloom. Maybe I try eating the pedals! 😀

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Happy birthday Jacqui!  

we got back from world cruise 5/12 and have been busy dealing with water leak, and broken stove igniter and wine cooler. Also I was told I need implants for 2 teeth, so I’m getting a second opinion today.  But we are both feeling well!  And trying to lose the few pounds we gained on cruise.

thanks for all of the info and jokes!

Welcome back.   Sorry about the challenges that greeted you on your return.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Have to enjoy it today as rain is expected for the next few days. 

@kazu A very Happy Birthday ! May you have many more .

@smitty34877   Extra prayers for your DH. Hope everything goes smoothly and he has an uneventful recovery.

@dfish Sounds like you and Sue are doing over the whole house. Good for you. It is so hard picking out paint colors. Good idea to get some samples and paint an area first. 

@superoma I really can come off the Care List. I am doing much better. Thank all of you for your prayers and cocern. 

I have a friend that works at the port and she said the parking is getting ridiculous. They are planning on building 2 new parking garages and a new terminal but it will be awhile. Lots of ships and people. It is more now than before Covid. No HAL ships though.

Stay safe ad enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a beating day here.  The weather forecast includes smoke from the fires up north.  I’m busy catching up on 400+ work emails. 

@kazu Happy Birthday!

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Other than toiletries and meds I’m packed and in the can we go now mode! C’mon Thursday. House cleaners will be here soon. I believe tonight will either be dine out or pizza delivery. Wednesday night dear friends have invited us to dinner so we are pretty well covered.

Currently 65 but another beautiful day will bring temperatures to mid eighties. Weather has been gorgeous.

Thanks for the reports and have a safe week to all.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.85e83ee624bb11552f20164317f18358.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.18b2ecda3513953153c481e474f40aae.jpegimage.jpeg.c4ec7a63539ffee86e0ca46f0c600360.jpegimage.jpeg.195c982bbe3d951a8e7d66f0217fd764.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f484819f9f0436afbf1e6d411f3a4c68.jpegimage.jpeg.93e97dda75371bdf964e78f38197e17e.jpeg

Was that pool filled up with free Bud Lite?

• Like 4