The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 4th, 2023

richwmn

US Independance Day

Today is National Barbecue Day, National Country Music Day, and Sidewalk Egg Frying Day

Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Meal Suggestion for today - Asian Chopped Salad
Drink of the Day - El Bombin
Wine of the Day - Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Double Diamond 2019
Destination of the Day - Los Angeles, CA US

Today in History:
1776 US Congress proclaims the Declaration of Independence and independence from Great Britain

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Statendam

at Sea Destionation Riga, Latvia eta 7/5

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0830-1830

Oosterdam

Souda-Chania, Crete Greece 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Skjolden, Norway 0900-1800

Volendam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 7-05

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2100

Zaandam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1700

Zuiderdam

Maloy, Norway 0800-1700

0704World.thumb.png.6c6f60f3883d3a71caf1622b9072d865.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

Happy Independence Day to all of my American friends on here.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

It is cloudy and 18°C here in North East England.

I like most music including Country Music.

Barbecues are nice in the summer.

I wouldn't want to eat an egg fried on the pavement.

Prayers offered to help all of our dear friends who have illnesses.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and all of your pets are kept safe from all the noisy fireworks.

4-july-9.gif

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Happy Independence to our US Dailyites.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.

Not a big country music but enjoy it in moderation.  I think it may get almost hot enough here to fry an egg on the sidewalk but I won't try.    I enjoy barbeque but won't be doing it.  A little confused by the Rike quote but think I like it.  I've sailed to or from Los Angeles several times but always on Crystal except for once on Carnival Inspiration from Long Beach. 

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Mixed Gourmet Greens, Oven Roasted Chicken, and NSA Strawberry Ice Cream which might have been my choices on MS Zaandam July 4, 2002.

It will be a quiet Fourth for me.

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

El Bombin cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Sauza® 901® Tequila
1 part Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1/2 part Honey Syrup
Garnish with Orange Wheel

Instructions
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Shake well for 10 seconds. Serve in a martini glass. Garnish with orange wheel.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 7.03.06 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends and Happy Independence Day!  🎆  Our weather today is pretty typical.  70F with a beautiful sunrise.  High will be around 88 with showers and thunderstorms again tonight.  Yesterday we dumped 1.5 inches out of the rain gauge and we haven't yet seen last night's rainfall amount.  Good luck seeing a fireworks display with all this evening rain around here!🎇

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our July 4th Daily and Fleet Report.  I see we have a U.S. port today, Los Angeles.  We haven't had that port of the day before so no links today.  I had to go searching for the times we've sailed into Los Angeles, or rather the port for Los Angeles, San Pedro.  All cruises were on Princess.  There were 6 cruises total with 9 embarkation or disembarkations.  And of course we've visited Los Angeles many times with family there still.

Today is the anniversary of my dear Father's passing, July 4, 2011.  My twin doesn't like to celebrate the holiday anymore due to her sadness at Dad's death.  He and Mom lived in her home in their last years so it really hits her hard.😢🙏

Today we shall celebrate National Barbecue Day, National Country Music Day, and Sidewalk Egg Frying Day.  No thanks to the egg frying, but I love a barbecue and country music.  Today's menu suggestion should have been potato salad, or corn on the cob, or barbecued hamburgers!  However, I'm sure Debbie @dfish will be able to tempt us with the Asian Chopped Salad.  The drink doesn't ring a bell (El Bombin) and I will pass on the cabernet sauvignon, though I'm sure it's great.  Thanks to Debbie, Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepard for their reports. 

Prayers today for my DB, my friend's DB Mark, those here who have lost their loved one recently such as Karen @luvteaching.  Praying also for everyone who is recovering from their surgeries and illnesses, falls and sad events in their lives.  Hoping all ailing feel better soon and that includes Ivan and Bailey.  Keeping good thoughts for Baby Murphy and her family.  Three cheers and a huge salute to everyone celebrating happy events today.  Keep on cruising!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping. 🤗

And finally the Day in History is a very important day in our country's past.  Happy Birthday America!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgXFh_ZcyI03x-Al4vzEy8Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1687117408

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and Happy Independence Day!  🎆  Our weather today is pretty typical.  70F with a beautiful sunrise.  High will be around 88 with showers and thunderstorms again tonight.  Yesterday we dumped 1.5 inches out of the rain gauge and we haven't yet seen last night's rainfall amount.  Good luck seeing a fireworks display with all this evening rain around here!🎇

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our July 4th Daily and Fleet Report.  I see we have a U.S. port today, Los Angeles.  We haven't had that port of the day before so no links today.  I had to go searching for the times we've sailed into Los Angeles, or rather the port for Los Angeles, San Pedro.  All cruises were on Princess.  There were 6 cruises total with 9 embarkation or disembarkations.  And of course we've visited Los Angeles many times with family there still.

Today is the anniversary of my dear Father's passing, July 4, 2011.  My twin doesn't like to celebrate the holiday anymore due to her sadness at Dad's death.  He and Mom lived in her home in their last years so it really hits her hard.😢🙏

Today we shall celebrate National Barbecue Day, National Country Music Day, and Sidewalk Egg Frying Day.  No thanks to the egg frying, but I love a barbecue and country music.  Today's menu suggestion should have been potato salad, or corn on the cob, or barbecued hamburgers!  However, I'm sure Debbie @dfish will be able to tempt us with the Asian Chopped Salad.  The drink doesn't ring a bell (El Bombin) and I will pass on the cabernet sauvignon, though I'm sure it's great.  Thanks to Debbie, Dixie @summer slopeand Ann @cat shepard for their reports. 

Prayers today for my DB, my friend's DB Mark, those here who have lost their loved one recently such as Karen @luvteaching.  Praying also for everyone who is recovering from their surgeries and illnesses, falls and sad events in their lives.  Hoping all ailing feel better soon and that includes Ivan and Bailey.  Keeping good thoughts for Baby Murphy and her family.  Three cheers and a huge salute to everyone celebrating happy events today.  Keep on cruising!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping. 🤗

And finally the Day in History is a very important day in our country's past.  Happy Birthday America!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgXFh_ZcyI03x-Al4vzEy8Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1687117408

Nice tree decorations Sandi.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

For your dad today Sandi on his 12th memory.

Screenshot_20230704_121854.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Happy 4th of July!  

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   We will be barbecuing steak today.   There won't be any country music here.   A strange quote thought provoking nonetheless.   Asian Chopped Salad sounds good if no Cilantro.   The drink would be tasty with sugar free syrup.   The nearest I would get to a Shrader Cabernet was a couple of years ago we dining at an Italian restaurant near where I used to live.  We liked it because they tolerated BYO.   Seated at the next table was the world's foremost wine critic (now retired) Bob Parker and a two guys and they were pouring several vintages of Shrader.  I stopped to talk with Bob's wife since she was in MGs with me and I could smell that fabulous wine just standing next to the table.  I have been to LA once unless I landed there once flying to Hawaii.   No desire to go back except to visit Santa Anita race track.  

Prayers for all on our Care list and for the people in Ukraine.    @StLouisCruisers thanks for sharing your DDs 4th of July tree.  

We have our 4th celebration at the lake on Saturday so a quiet day of gardening for me.    Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!   Nancy 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Happy 4th of July,

My aunt passed away last night. My uncle got to Omaha a few hours before she died. Now the hard decisions begin. Where the other aunt will live and what and how to go through there stuff? Thanks for all the prayers. She passed peacefully per report. 

I hear we can see fireworks from our neighborhood. The plan is to set up chairs in the street and watch. We will see how that works out. 

Prayers for those in need and have a great day. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Happy Birthday,       USA!

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! A lovely morning greeted Bindi & me today. Yesterday was downright brutal - even with the breeze. Even Bindi didn’t mind shorter walks. 

Vanessa thank you for sharing our happenings. Praying that @smitty34877 Terry’s Lou had a much better night and he is over the hump. 

I know that yesterday was Civil Disobedience day, but this meme was just too tempting to resist. Some of the most important changes in the world started with acts of civil disobedience. 

IMG_1455.jpeg.58f1fbad16b56bb9e9ff5db14caf6419.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg.ba3f7299408010c8bd751ee46e0e395f.jpeg

IMG_1410.jpeg.c485c189222e0da3d60035624ebd3268.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone. 

Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Double Diamond 2019

This Cab is only elusive to my budget. 😎 But it sounds lovely. A decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $145.00.

Winemaker Notes

This 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is crafted by winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown in the Schrader Cellars tradition of making the best Cabernet Sauvignon that Napa Valley can offer. A unique expression of the Oakville AVA with harmonious integration of decadent fruit, refined structure, and silky tannins, the 2019 vintage of Double Diamond is ready to enjoy now and will continue to evolve over the next 3-5 years.

WS94 Wine Spectator
Packs in generous steeped plum, boysenberry and mulberry flavors backed by a broad swath of roasted alder and bittersweet cocoa. Brimming with dense fruit, and is squarely in the not-shy style. The long finish has a serious loamy tug, too. Best from 2023 through 2035.
JD94 Jeb Dunnuck
Released by Schrader as a separate brand, the 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon from Double Diamond (which is still 70% To Kalon) offers a forward, medium to full-bodied, incredibly sexy style as well as classy notes of cassis, tobacco, incense, orange blossom, and flowers. Readers looking for a touch of that Schrader magic at a slightly more affordable price are going to love this beauty. It's already drinking nicely, and I see no need to delay gratification.
JS94 James Suckling
Lots of mint, flower and blackcurrant aromas follow through to a medium to full body, creamy tannins and a savory finish. Good depth of fruit here. Juicy and delicious now.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy 4th of July,

My aunt passed away last night. My uncle got to Omaha a few hours before she died. Now the hard decisions begin. Where the other aunt will live and what and how to go through there stuff? Thanks for all the prayers. She passed peacefully per report. 

I hear we can see fireworks from our neighborhood. The plan is to set up chairs in the street and watch. We will see how that works out. 

I'm sorry to hear your sad news.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to everyone who loved her.

• Like 23

Good morning.It is hot and humid with showers predicted  on and off.

DD and I found an improved DH after another transfusion yesterday.There is a possibility he may come home .I was up earlier than usual and made a few things that I know he can eat.We will make our way to the hospital now.

@cruising sister Sending prayers and condolences for your aunt to you and your family.

@summer slopeSo sorry to hear about Bailey

Thanks to all for your encouragement  and prayers.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

For your dad today Sandi on his 12th memory.

Screenshot_20230704_121854.jpg

Thank you Graham. Yes, he's sorely missed.  I should send that to my twin to remind her he (and Mom) are still with us.

29 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy 4th of July!  

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   We will be barbecuing steak today.   There won't be any country music here.   A strange quote thought provoking nonetheless.   Asian Chopped Salad sounds good if no Cilantro.   The drink would be tasty with sugar free syrup.   The nearest I would get to a Shrader Cabernet was a couple of years ago we dining at an Italian restaurant near where I used to live.  We liked it because they tolerated BYO.   Seated at the next table was the world's foremost wine critic (now retired) Bob Parker and a two guys and they were pouring several vintages of Shrader.  I stopped to talk with Bob's wife since she was in MGs with me and I could smell that fabulous wine just standing next to the table.  I have been to LA once unless I landed there once flying to Hawaii.   No desire to go back except to visit Santa Anita race track.  

Prayers for all on our Care list and for the people in Ukraine.    @StLouisCruisers thanks for sharing your DDs 4th of July tree.  

We have our 4th celebration at the lake on Saturday so a quiet day of gardening for me.    Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!   Nancy 

Thank you Nancy.  I hope you have a wonderful day this July 4th.

8 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy 4th of July,

Lorraine, my condolences to you and the entire family on the loss of your dear Aunt last night.  Prayers to all.🙏

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

DD and I found an improved DH after another transfusion yesterday.There is a possibility he may come home .I was up earlier than usual and made a few things that I know he can eat.We will make our way to the hospital now.

@cruising sister Sending prayers and condolences for your aunt to you and your family.

Terry, great news to hear this morning!  Prayers and good thoughts headed your way as you anticipate Lou coming home soon, if not today.

A photo of us celebrating July 4th on Prinsendam during our Best. Norway. Cruise. Ever!  201600-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBaYkp6gqXQjCObD0yAvn3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468082730

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care list:

The passing of Luvteaching’s DH Phil on 6/27

The passing of 57redbird’s cousin Chris with glioblastoma 6/30

1Angelcat’s friend B with medical issues

Smitty34877’s DH recovering from surgery, with some setbacks 

Cruising sister’s newborn great niece Murphy with transposition of the great vessels, undergoing surgery 7/6

Cruising sister’s aunt who fell and is unconscious

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

Seasick Sailor’s DH with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Ill Dailyite pets – Kazu’s Ivan, summer slope’s Bailey, 

Canadian wildfires, unhealthy air quality for many 

Tornado and storm victims; dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Marshhawk with elbow inflammation, upcoming lung MRI 

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck (catmando) with a cancer recurrence

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 4th of July!
Seasick sailor extending her cruise and getting a fully accessible cabin

Srdancer doing better

Kochleffel’s new fur babies

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Loveandpeas (Volendam July 5 to July 12), celebrating 14th honeymoon anniversary

Oceansaway17 (Liberty of the Seas to July 8), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Thanks for our Tuesday, July 4th Daily, Rich.

Happy 4th of July to all our Dailyites in the United States 🙂 

IMG_3904.gif.f5a6c23c78d45d4795c6dbd839ea914e.gif

Interesting collection of days.  The only one I hope to celebrate is BBQ day.   It will probably be between raindrops 😉 I’m not sure I like the quote or agree with it.

We’ve been to today’s port but not on a BHB.  Sandi, @StLouisCruisers I hope good memories bring you some peace on your sad anniversary.

Oh no - @cruising sister I am so sorry to hear of your aunt’s passing. 😔 My condolences and prayers for her, the family and you 🙏🏻 .

Thank you everyone for your care and concern for Ivan and I.  Ivan ended up getting both pills last night (separately of course).  Tramadol alone wasn’t doing the trick.  He seems a bit better, but his back is still arched and his head down 😔. So it’s med max to see if we can get on top of it.  Sadly,  he who was so good at taking pills is now revolting.  I think some pill pockets will be in order if this is going to continue.  Hoping this to be true.

IMG_3900.jpeg.71cbc12d1ba56e798032705c59a9ed68.jpeg

No plans today other than taking care of Ivan and piddle around here at home.  Rain is in the forecast and the peonies are not going to make it, I don’t think 😔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list - especially those who are suffering losses and struggling with health and cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_3903.gif.0f61432dd581efab6004c2a8ef0f1635.gif

Have a great Tuesday & Independence Day everyone !

• Like 37
  • Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, this sounds hopeful.  Prayers that Lou starts to improve after the transfusion.  Home is always better than the hospital.  

Lots of prayers going your way.

Terri

• Like 30

Happy Fourth and prayers for our country as well.  Not much going on but twin and her family bringing the gourmet hot dogs and ribs to barbecue.  I will supply apps, potato salad and dessert.  Looks like rain again — we got a fair amount yesterday.

Going the at home therapy route with DH again through Medicare.  Have already had 3 home visits from staff but no actual  therapy sessions yet.  Hopefully that starts tomorrow.  Praying that this time will work and DH’s legs will

strengthen.  

Have a great day and comfort those puppies around you.  It will be a difficult day for some.  Katherine 

• Like 32

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Independence Day to our friends in the US!

It's hot here today, so a barbecue is in order.  Not hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk.  I like country music in moderation.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink.  Wish I could afford the wine.

Prayers for our crazy world.

@cruising sister So sorry for your loss.  Prayers for your family.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy 4th of July,

My condolences on her passing.  I hope that you and your family can figure out how to handle all the decisions that need to be made.

Terri

• Like 21

Happy Independence Day!  Going to be a hot and humid day here.  There is a chance of showers later...Grand daughters are participating in a dance show at a local park later, hopefully the showers are minor.  @smitty34877glad to hear your DH was improved yesterday.  @cruising sistercondolences to you and your family.  @kazu @summer slopeHoping that Bailey and Ivan are feeling better today. 

I may need a nap today, our neighbors were shooting off fireworks till after 11 last night!  Our community show was last night, along with lots of neighborhood shows till very late!  

Have a great day, Karen

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1