The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 4th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning, everyone and Happy Fourth of July!

@smitty34877 I am really happy to hear that Lou was much improved.  I'm sure Lou is the happiest about that turn of events.  

@cruising sister My condolences on the passing of your aunt.  I am thankful it was reported to be a peaceful passing.  Hard decisions to make about your surviving aunt.  

It is supposed to be a hot one here in mid-Michigan today.  I am so glad we got that air conditioner working.  We would be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk if we had a sidewalk.  I think we are the only city street in Midland without a sidewalk.   DS Mary Jo and her DH along with DB Jeff are coming over today for burgers and brats.  We'll fire up the grill this afternoon and have a feast.  At least the grill won't heat up the house!

Today's meal sounds very refreshing on a hot summer day.  It does require a ton of chopping, though.  It would be very tempting to buy salad in a bag at the grocery store.  The recipe is buy a bag of salad, put it in a bowl, add dressing, and enjoy!

Asianchoppedsalad4.jpg.4b746b54d3ea9dac24335084fe9d1569.jpg

Now, if you insist on doing your own chopping, here is a recipe for you.  https://natashaskitchen.com/asian-chopped-salad/

asianchoppedsalad1.jpg.138946ad0cfbf2087ae8f4415b9311a9.jpg

Next up we have a recipe that will certainly satisfy that need for crunchiness.  It promises to be better than what you can buy in a bag.  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/asian-chopped-salad/

asianchoppedsalad2.thumb.jpg.1286de039599e144e1287ee981322058.jpg

This next one uses a miso dressing and looks delicious!  https://cookingwithayeh.com/chopped-asian-salad/

asianchoppedsalad3.thumb.jpg.39801494a9ffbfe71d7739a41fec93d6.jpg

Wishing everyone a happy 4th and a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon all.

Happy Fourth of July from Haugesund, Norway.

We started out with clouds and rain but now the sun is trying to peek through.  It is cold and it only promises to get colder as we sail north.  

Thank you to Rich and Vanessa for the lists.  Also thanks are in order to Debbie for keeping us fed and Dixie and Ann for keeping us hydrated. 

Interesting quote.

I have been to LA a few times mostly for work.  Once on vacation before we took a Panama Canal cruise.

Jim did not want to go out today.  He is still nursing his cold.  As a matter of fact, so am I.  But I took the little sightseeing train and then went shopping.  

We stopped at Haraldshaugen , a memorial monument built for the Battle of Hafsfjort in 872

DSCN1856.thumb.jpeg.209233b4fbe062ec2f311237ec8c1def.jpeg

Then we drove along a water way that had lovely houses on one side and restaurants on the otherDSCN1831.thumb.jpeg.b7d5d5d1266ecdc02a1ee50e5eb8a388.jpeg

The train left us off in the center of the city so I walked to the church, said my prayers and took some photosDSCN1840.thumb.jpeg.9097879740a96f80a7cd447dfb7ed759.jpegDSCN1868.thumb.jpeg.b52b5a1d3f659a7c58372c972d911ebc.jpegDSCN1867.thumb.jpeg.62ea435843f1133fb150756c10815ec0.jpeg

Finally I walked along the shopping street, got some souvenirs and stopped in a drug store for some cold medicine and covid tests I forgot to bring from home.  

DSCN1870.thumb.jpeg.1f02aa443c6b06170c22fc63be15824f.jpeg

And just as I was done, the little tourist train came alone and I hopped on again and it took me back to the ship.

DSCN1841.thumb.jpeg.fb2782f6f046d98faa970516b707ff79.jpeg

I had a nice day.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Happy 4th of July,

My aunt passed away last night. My uncle got to Omaha a few hours before she died. Now the hard decisions begin. Where the other aunt will live and what and how to go through there stuff? Thanks for all the prayers. She passed peacefully per report. 

I hear we can see fireworks from our neighborhood. The plan is to set up chairs in the street and watch. We will see how that works out. 

Prayers for those in need and have a great day. 

Lorraine

My condolences. I know your Aunt’s passing was expected, but it is never easy. Praying that you & your family find comfort in wonderful memories. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Graham. Yes, he's sorely missed.  I should send that to my twin to remind her he (and Mom) are still with us.

Thank you Nancy.  I hope you have a wonderful day this July 4th.

Lorraine, my condolences to you and the entire family on the loss of your dear Aunt last night.  Prayers to all.🙏

Terry, great news to hear this morning!  Prayers and good thoughts headed your way as you anticipate Lou coming home soon, if not today.

A photo of us celebrating July 4th on Prinsendam during our Best. Norway. Cruise. Ever!  201600-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBaYkp6gqXQjCObD0yAvn3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468082730

This is a lovely photo of you two.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

IMG_7621.jpeg.6801f7fc6cc2e310ed659f324a70f4a1.jpeg

Today’s quote come from Letters to a Young Poet, a collection of 10 letters written by the poet Rilke to Kappus, a 19-year-old officer cadet at a military academy; Rilke had studied at the same academy.  Kappus corresponded with the poet seeking his advice as to the quality of his poetry, and in deciding between a literary career or a career as an officer in the army. Kappus compiled and published the letters after Rilke's death.  Having this context and by reading the passage that comes before the quote , I believe it makes more sense. It is always what I have already said: always the wish that you may find patience enough in yourself to endure, and simplicity enough to believe; that you may acquire more and more confidence in that which is difficult, and in your solitude among others. And for the rest, let life happen to you. Believe me: life is right, in any case.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and Happy Fourth of July.

image.jpeg.bf2b0fec253491afb5c138a6e6427d7c.jpeg

I must be back on schedule as I slept to 7:00 AM. Not much planned today as we are still dieting but our neighbors are returning from a road trip so we are having them over for dinner. Beer can chicken is on the menu but just a little serving for me. I’m shedding weight like crazy.

@cruising sister My condolences on the loss of your Aunt. Always hard. 
It will be another hot day here. I’m sure one could fry and egg or bake a cake in the mailbox. Currently 83F and climbing.

Need to go feed the neighbors cat. Have a great day but be safe. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.65fb4c22ef254bfd482d2dd89b2c0ef9.jpegimage.jpeg.70f0b7ee655fa38e195fd61f8660320c.jpegimage.jpeg.d0e67710127444500314998689f25b29.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6a1848c5084a50f5b8da895b6bdbd993.jpegimage.jpeg.1793299d344c30f7ca93ab8ebf77f2d1.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Haha 17

Independencedaycake.gif.95c6333e5df69c8f02cc66c19cd2aa41.gif

I think all the planning is done for my cruise on the Nieuw Statendam. Specialty dinners booked, shorex booked, spa appointments made. Now to just (not so patiently) wait for December! 

My GF and I have a trip planned for Las Vegas in a couple of weeks. We’ve made some preliminary plans (meals, spa, bingo) but we haven’t been able to finalize them. My GF was traveling (went to visit grandkids) and is now very ill, but she says we’re still going as the trip will make her feel better.

Thank you all for caring and sharing. Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 😘

• Like 31

Good morning everyone. Thanks for today’s report, recipes and lists. Happy Independence Day.  Enjoy your barbecues and drinks and be safe with the sparklers 💥.  The recipe would be a nice side dish at a cookout and the drink just sounds delicious.  Thinking about heading to the seaport today to see the QM2, always a majestic sight.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and condolences to @cruising sister on your loss.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today !🇺🇸

• Like 31

Thanks to all who are so dedicated to creating the FR&D for all of us to share. 

May everyone enjoy a safe holiday!  

I always have such deeply mixed feelings celebrating Independence Day: I am embarrassed by much of our history but also proud of our many accomplishments and contributions to a better world. We are certainly “a work in progress.”  I salute the courage, foresight, creativity and bravery of the women and men who put country first, sacrificing their own happiness to make a better world. Many of those who signed the Declaration of Independence came to tragic ends, a few to important positions that brought both fame and misery. I’ve been to 75 countries and we’re not moving to any of them. I will display my flag in hope that we can live up to the lofty goals of the Declaration for all. 

@smitty34877 Terry, hoping you see continued progress. I’m sure Lou will appreciate the treats you so lovingly made for him!  One day at a time is Everything!  Gentle hugs to each you and your loved ones. 

Blessings for healing all who are ill, for comforting all those who are missing loved ones or are in distressing situations, for hopefulness where the process or the outcomes seem beyond reach. Each one of you, give yourself a loving hug!  

No plans for our day. It’s hot and humid, we’ll enjoy our air conditioning. Maybe we’ll see fireworks from our sunporch. It’s screened but not a place for barbecuing. Since the grandkids’ visit the fridge is getting sparse so maybe I’ll make a run to the store- it shouldn’t be crowded today and I’ll wear a mask. 

We’ve cruised out of Port of LA, San Pedro. DH lived not too far from there for part of his childhood so we enjoyed visiting his heritage sites. Otherwise there’s not much to see in San Pedro, more of an industrial port. LA of course has some great attractions!  My personal favorite memories are from places far from San Pedro:  Griffiths Park; the La Brea Tar Pits (with the saber-toothed tiger fossils); Huntington Library and gardens (and their Gutenberg Bible); Redondo Beach Pier; and of course the Hollywood sign! Enormous, and something I dreamed about getting to see as a kid growing up in Brooklyn. Gratefully, life has taken me beyond my childhood dreams!  Maybe that’s what today’s quote means. 

Cheers to all celebrating 🌈. Life is Good!  🥂 m—

• Like 33

@cruising sister so sorry to hear about your aunt and the dilemma facing her sister.

My visits to Los Angeles are spread among many cruises and they have been mostly either embarkations or disembarkations but it was a port of call on Crystal Serenity in 2018.

We passed the Battleship Iowa on the way in and most of the remaining photos will be from my tour of the Iowa.

theiowa.jpg

The turret mounted guns were quite impressive up close:

bigguns.jpg

The Exec's room:

execroom.jpg

The cabin used by FDR when he was involved in negotiations for ending WW2:

fdrcabin.jpg

The bridge:

iowabridge.jpg

The view from the bridge:

bridgeview.jpg

The helmsroom:

helmsroom.jpg

Enlisted men had much more modest quarters and I think they were used in shifts:

enlisted.jpg

Crystal has a generous visitor policy and I had 2 visitors, one a long time friend from Crystal and one from Holland America:

embark.jpg

After a quick tour of the ship we had lunch in Crystal's equivalent of Dive In:

lunch0123.jpg

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning to All and Happy 4th of July!!

Love BBQ, not a fan of country music and frying an egg on the sidewalk is almost a daily occurrence here for most of the year.  Was born in Los Angeles and lived 30 miles away for the first 15 years of my life.  Funny though, I will be visiting LA on my next cruise (San Pedro port) and I think I will pass on getting off the ship!!  

Food sounds delicious and the drink?  Maybe too sweet.

Seemed like I was just too busy cooking yesterday to get much done.  Yogurt done and now draining so that it becomes Greek yogurt.  When I finish it, the consistency is like whipped cream!  Got to make some fruit coulis to top it off when I eat it.

I am not a fan of fireworks - I don't like the noise - so hopefully I can watch from afar.  I might BBQ or I might just stay inside as it is predicted to be 110 degrees today.  Oh!  Maybe I will trying cooking an egg on the sidewalk!!  LOL!!

@cruising sister My condolences on the passing of your aunt.  Thoughts for all those on the care list and Cheers to all celebrating and cruising.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Happy Independence Day Dailyites!

Took our little house guest for her walk this morning and watched an armadillo cross the street. With all the construction going on here in Sun City there's a lot of displaced deer, very aggressive wild turkeys, wild boar, poor things.. 

Prayers lifted for the many on our care list. Vanessa will you please remove Allen's name. I appreciate all the prayers for him. I'm sorry to hear of the passing of @cruising sister aunt. @smitty34877 it's a good news day for you in Hope's Lou comes home. 

I do not know what's in store for dinner tonight. Debbie's salad looks good, but I think we may make a 4th of July BBQ. 

image.png.b7b6aa8ba76518a9c024c660fca998b2.png

image.png.5e494b6e0da62f64d7135c830babf19a.png

Wishing everyone a safe, healthy,  happy holiday. Be careful with those fireworks!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Happy 4th of July everyone !!!!

And thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for the contributors.

Hear goes my take on today days.

Country Music Day, BBQ Day and Fry an Egg on Sidewalk Day.

Favorite song is by George Jones, “Hi Tech Redneck”, which I use high tech to smoke my BBQ and low tech to fry an egg on my sidewalk; only available during the summer.

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, 0106 said:

IMG_7621.jpeg.6801f7fc6cc2e310ed659f324a70f4a1.jpeg

Today’s quote come from Letters to a Young Poet, a collection of 10 letters written by the poet Rilke to Kappus, a 19-year-old officer cadet at a military academy; Rilke had studied at the same academy.  Kappus corresponded with the poet seeking his advice as to the quality of his poetry, and in deciding between a literary career or a career as an officer in the army. Kappus compiled and published the letters after Rilke's death.  Having this context and by reading the passage that comes before the quote , I believe it makes more sense. It is always what I have already said: always the wish that you may find patience enough in yourself to endure, and simplicity enough to believe; that you may acquire more and more confidence in that which is difficult, and in your solitude among others. And for the rest, let life happen to you. Believe me: life is right, in any case.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Thank you!  

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Happy 4th of July everyone !!!!

And thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for the contributors.

Hear goes my take on today days.

Country Music Day, BBQ Day and Fry an Egg on Sidewalk Day.

Favorite song is by George Jones, “Hi Tech Redneck”, which I use high tech to smoke my BBQ and low tech to fry an egg on my sidewalk; only available during the summer.

Forgot to include photo of  the hi tech grill.

IMG_1090.thumb.png.134a9c08ce74e69799e2c202f08b3e2d.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

16 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Forgot to include photo of  the hi tech grill.

IMG_1090.thumb.png.134a9c08ce74e69799e2c202f08b3e2d.png

Hey it works. Improvising is often the only way.😁

Hey it works. Improvising is often the only way.😁

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

While most Los Angeles cruises use San Pedro (the cruise I featured a couple of posts ago was from the iconic terminal featured in the Love Boat) others (mostly Carnival) use Long Beach.

With a few day break in 2017 in between disembarking Zaandam in San Diego and boarding Crystal Symphony (supposed to be San Pedro but diverted to San Diego) I took a short cruise on Carnival Inspiration to get a view of Santa Catalina. 

The terminal in Long Beach may look a little odd but it's an icon.It started life as he hanger for Howard Hughes Spruce Goose which he flew just once and then abandoned it.

goosehanger.jpg

To the right of the photo you can see the stern of the iconic Queen Mary.  You get a better view from the ship's open decks:

thequeen.jpg

I had one more night in Long Beach after the cruise and took in a performance at the Performing Arts Center.

artscenter.jpg

Photography was prohibited after the performance started but here's a view of the hall ahead of time:

mainfloor.jpg

Queen Mary really does dominate the Long Beach waterfront, even though it's on an island a couple miles away.  This is the view of the hall's back window:

hallview.jpg..

Roy

• Like 33

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here! Happy Independence Day!

FB_IMG_1597175570737.jpg.df92a01a59f55fd43588afb693b46fd3.jpg

With regards to frying eggs, my father once told me a story from his WWII days. His Armor unit in the US Army was training to fight in Africa. They were training in a US desert out west. It would get so hot during the day that they would be able to fry an egg on the hood of his Half-Track. But for all that training, they were instead sent to England to prepare for the European Campaign.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 28

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Independence Day to all my American friends here at the Daily! 

July4th.thumb.jpg.37fc9b5f99dd2c8957bd31f04e36f9bd.jpg

We barbecue a lot during the warmer months, I don't mind country music - DH doesn't care for it, and occasionally it gets hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, even here on the "frozen tundra".

Speaking of the "FT", I just heard the latest weather report - a cold air mass will come in later this afternoon and there is a "risk of frost" for tonight.  Seriously?!?  I'm not sure how I'm going to protect our papyrus that are now nearly taller than I am, but we'll have to if we want the yard to look nice for Summerfest this weekend.   The other plants are fine, I've got covers for them, but I think we'll have to lay the papyrus down and build a bridge out of bamboo stakes to hold the fabric to provide a safe cover for them.  ARGH!

Having monthly breakfast with my retired colleagues this morning and found out last week that another has just returned to the city, so will pick her up and bring her along with me.  There will be lots of lively chatter, as many of us haven't seen her for a few years and will want to catch up.  

@cruising sisterI am so sorry to hear about your aunt; may her soul rest in eternal peace.

@smitty34877what great news about Lou feeling spunkier; hopefully he'll be able to come home soon and feel so much better.  I know he's going to enjoy your home made treats.

I'd like today's drink because of the fresh grapefruit juice, would love to try the wine, but my wallet won't support it.  I've often made today's menu suggestion into a lunch item by using the bagged Asian salad mix and added in a couple of broiled chicken breasts - it's quite delicious.  I have to try to make room in our freezer to start making ice for Saturday's party, and because it's cool out today, I've already taken out some frozen stew that will be heated and enjoyed at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

• Like 32

July4th.jpg.d0b58b80c0593e16b6494890c208899f.jpg

I hope all the US Dailyites have a great 4th of July.

Good morning from a sunny central Texas.  It is 79F with a predicted high of 94F.  When I got up just before 6am, it was 73F, and I could see the full moon out the front window.  By the time I took my walk between 6:30 and 7 this morning. the sun was up and I could not get a good picture.  It was cool (that's relative to our highs) and pleasant.  

We are having smoked brisket for dinner, and that is why I was up before 6 am.  It takes 10-12 hours to properly smoke a brisket, and I needed to get it in the smoker as close to 6 am as possible.  I had it going shortly after 6.  True barbecue is meat smoked or cooked over wood in an enclosed smoker.  We use an electric smoker which means we don't have to worry about adding wood or charcoal all day.  We will also be having corn-on-the-cob, fruit salad, beans and at DH's request, cake.  The cake is out of the oven and in the refrigerator cooling.  I'm going to attempt to recreate my flag cake from 2020. 

I am not a huge fan of country music, but there are some country music songs that I enjoy, especially since they have a good beat and you can understand the words.  😁  I think it was hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk a week or so ago, but we didn't try it.

An interesting quote, and thanks to @0106 Tina, I understand it a little better, but I still have to think about it more.

We'll skip the meal and the drink today.  The wine would be good with the brisket, but not at that price.  Actually, beer would probably be better with the brisket, but for some reason in the last few years, beer has not been agreeing with me.

We have sailed out of and into Los Angeles (San Pedro) several times, and were there in 1983 on a land trip.  In 2016, on Ruby Princess we did b2b2bs and spent the turnaround days driving into LA.  I'll post my pictures shortly.

The action by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, changed the course of the Colonies.  I wonder what it would be like now if we had not won our independence.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, our condolences to you and your family on the passing of your aunt.  I'm glad her passing was peaceful, and I hope the family can find a good and easy solution to where the other aunt will live and the disposal of your aunt's things and apartment.  

@smitty34877  Terri, that is good news that DH was improved yesterday, but sorry he needed another transfusion.  I hope he can come home soon.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I hope the in home PT helps your DH strengthen his legs.

@dfish  Enjoy your burgers and brats with your DS, DBIL and DB.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm very happy you were able to go into Haugesund, even if it was cold.  I hope Jim feels better tomorrow.  Thank you for your pictures of a port we have not been to.  It looks lovely.

@dobiemom  Marcia, I'm glad everything for your December cruise is all set.  I hope your friend feels better by the time you head for LV.

@Heartgrove  Jack, the area where you father tried surrounds the Quartzsite area.  It went from Yuma north to the area north of Bouse, AZ and west to Chiriaco Summit, CA, near the entrance to Joshua Tree NP.  You can still see tank tracks in the desert, and remains of many of the camps in the Bouse area and north of Blythe, CA.  There is a small George Patton museum in Chiriaco Summit that is very interesting.  There is the Quartzsite alignment in the desert between Bouse and Q that soldiers added to help pilots find Q. It is a very large rock arrow with the word Quartzsite at the point of the arrow.  

1976917_10151932371881249_2011643293_n.jpg.66a24b57dc0ab2b022fb1f34ab59b795.jpg

348299941_2368954793285308_101463582111292033_n.thumb.jpg.58c13022ead47cdb43b2742c4f6b5df8.jpg

348642333_1331912204031435_4190006640818774195_n.thumb.jpg.c9489d7adcea8ca14f0530a27b6d6e8b.jpg

348650600_1608635536313184_1960167953963826886_n.thumb.jpg.3b914a6b590ff7e76a11d3214cd8de2b.jpg

348845318_259842766713664_181455226421761751_n.jpg.a2569cee5c5668d7d1e09ac1d0cbd758.jpg

348966980_6082064621830619_7144673708709222197_n.jpg.ae5c9868b80abaa1bbc1b28a370673b5.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 17

After yesterday's discussion I thought I'd try something different on the fleet report.  I think most of us have had some great times on S-class ships, so here's my S-class fleet report:

Statendam-In service as Vasco da Gamma for German Nicko cruises.  At sea from Akureyri Iceland to Bergen Norway

Maasdam-  Sailing as MS Renaissance for French  Compagnie Française de Croisières.  Supposed to have been in service June 29 but the timing doesn’t match that.  She is cruising and in Lerwick Scotland today.

Ryndam- Being prepared for service as Celestyal Journey bu Celestyal cruises.  Currently in Elefsis, Greece.  First cruise scheduled for September 2,

Veendam- Berthed in Aigio, Greece since about 10/18/20 since being acquired by Seajets.  Due to enter service as a residential ship, Victoria Majestic with inaugural sailing from Fort Lauderdale December 1.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 12

As I mentioned, we had two turnaround days in San Pedro in 2016 went we did a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise, a 15 day Hawaii cruise and a 10 Sea of Cortez cruise on Ruby Princess.  Most of my pictures were taken from the car.  We wanted to see as much as possible and still be able to head back to San Pedro before rush hour.

Downtown LA and the Parker Center.

DSC04437.thumb.JPG.cf399731259ea07b3670cc0ae4686aa4.JPG

The iconic Capitol Records building.  Sorry about the reflection in the glass in the picture.

DSC04440.thumb.JPG.a4a57e64d4acf38b0066dede86ff11cb.JPG

Griffith Park  We saw the observatory but I can't find any pictures of it.

DSC04438.thumb.JPG.cf4ee17f4f1dfc120f6f1a8714fa52d1.JPG

DSC04439.thumb.JPG.dd2a33b092989a74e4d60aecfb260e08.JPG

Warner Brothers

DSC04550.thumb.JPG.2396b0f9411d3dba4de203f5e385a0d5.JPG

Disney Studios  The mouse is everywhere!

DSC04551.thumb.JPG.eb201590e0a6ce7e245c00f43968bf08.JPG

DSC04552.thumb.JPG.f9785e4dd26bfb7688e1ed31325e406e.JPG

DSC04553.thumb.JPG.4a501e1b1cfa9081b5e8c4a6d55b8704.JPG

Setting up for the Oscars

DSC04554.thumb.JPG.93d52154001df8a2c89072c260bf3562.JPG

Hollywood Walk of Fame

DSC04557.thumb.JPG.75947c7d6d1a43aa93ef56a0267016aa.JPG

Rodeo Drive  

DSC04558.thumb.JPG.3ccfb9123d36fd0cfe6518ea277187f1.JPG

We made better time than expected getting back to San Pedro, so we drove across the bridge to Long Beach.

Queen Mary and the Russian Sub

DSC04563.thumb.JPG.acb68c7d30b55597efc9c905f907295a.JPG

Long Beach skyline from the island where Queen Mary is berthed

DSC04565.thumb.JPG.7c9e6ffa52ebfb1fe062723f8c631a15.JPG

The main Street in Long Beach

DSC04569.thumb.JPG.fbe5be89bdc72e7de25871775d5c119e.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4