Two 4 day cruises; same class ship; CocoCay or Labadee? Your Vote Might Matter

Two Different 4 Day cruises on Similar Ships - Your Vote Might Matter  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two quick getaways do you prefer

• Liberty Monday - Friday to CocoCay and Nassau
    • Independence Wednesday to Sunday to Labadee and Sea Days

Looking at two different quick getaways

4 Day Monday-Friday on Liberty of the Seas: Sea Day, CocoCay, Nassau  out of Fort Lauderdale

4 Day  Wednesday - Sunday on Independence of the Seas: Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day   out of Miami

Since both are Freedom class ships they should have similar, if not identical, amenities and onboard attractions. (Any actual differences?)

Prices are nearly identical.  

With Independence I only need 3 days off of work versus 4 or 5 (but it really doesn't matter if I block the whole week off anyways). 

With Liberty I sail from Fort Lauderdale which is slightly closer to home (but won't make a significant difference in grand scheme of things; driving not flying) 

Usually treat Nassau like a Sea day; so I guess it comes down to....CocoCay or Labadee?  Been to both several times.  I recall food being much better at CocoCay; is that still the case post-covid? 

What's the condition of these ships like these days? Getting beat up on short cruises or still looking pretty good? Overcrowded or manageable?  Looking to go on an "off" week out of season to just chill out for a few days. 

6 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I recall food being much better at CocoCay; is that still the case post-covid? 

Much better is a severe understatement. CocoCay by a landslide.

• Like 2

I do love Sea Days; but Nassau is basically a Sea Day for us; so less crowds. 

Surprised to learn Liberty is not "Amplified" but for a short getaway cruise it may not matter except for no food eateries near pool deck; both ships have slides, flowrider, other similar attractions. 

14 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Looking at two different quick getaways

4 Day Monday-Friday on Liberty of the Seas: Sea Day, CocoCay, Nassau  out of Fort Lauderdale

4 Day  Wednesday - Sunday on Independence of the Seas: Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day   out of Miami

Since both are Freedom class ships they should have similar, if not identical, amenities and onboard attractions. (Any actual differences?)

Prices are nearly identical.  

With Independence I only need 3 days off of work versus 4 or 5 (but it really doesn't matter if I block the whole week off anyways). 

With Liberty I sail from Fort Lauderdale which is slightly closer to home (but won't make a significant difference in grand scheme of things; driving not flying) 

Usually treat Nassau like a Sea day; so I guess it comes down to....CocoCay or Labadee?  Been to both several times.  I recall food being much better at CocoCay; is that still the case post-covid? 

What's the condition of these ships like these days? Getting beat up on short cruises or still looking pretty good? Overcrowded or manageable?  Looking to go on an "off" week out of season to just chill out for a few days. 

I'm surprised nobody stated the obvious right answer 

>> Both !!!

Just kidding . I was going to say Labadee because Nassau is one of my least favorite ports , but then you state you treat it like a sea day ,(I do too)  Sooo ,I guess the question for you might be do You really prefer an actual sea day or the half empty ship vibe where there will be less going on and a much quieter day ...? I think My vote will go to Labadee for the reason as someone else stated , that Coco cruises are way more common nowadays . 

Labadee was my first ever cruise stop 16 years ago ,(sentimental favorite) , and Coco has become one of our favorite stops as well .

Love the private islands , Obviously won't go wrong with either pick !

Cheers

The ships are very alike: 

- They both have water slides, though they're not the same water slides -- you should check them out online for yourself. 

- They both have good shows, but they're different shows -- again, you should check this for yourself before you choose. 

- They both have Playmakers, which my husband loves.  

- You should check both to see what rooms are available on each.  

- You should check to see how many ships will be at Coco Cay vs. Labadee -- while I much prefer CC, I might go for a single-ship Labadee over a crowded CC.  

Pros and cons for Liberty: 

- If I were driving, I'd rather go out of Fort Lauderdale.  It's a little closer and night-before hotel prices are more reasonable.  

- Coco Cay over Labadee for sure!  Nicer amenities, plenty to do without spending money.  

- I have no love for Nassau, but you say you'd treat it as a sea day, so the two ships are equal in that way. 

- Liberty has Sabor (Mexican food) for a cost -- someone back me up on that?  

- You'd disembark on Friday and still have the weekend to relax before heading back to work. 

Pros and cons for Independence: 

- Port of Miami is crazy, but parking is easy. 

- Indy has Fish and Ships for no cost.  

- You'd disembark on Sunday and have to go to work on Monday.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Nassau is a wasted port stop

You say wasted, I say it gets people off the ship so many of us can treat it like a sea day with less crowds.

To each his own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You say wasted, I say it gets people off the ship so many of us can treat it like a sea day with less crowds.

To each his own.

That is a good point , but onboard activities are subdued while in port.

vs a Sea day.

Edited by MCC retired