2023 President’s cruise

Haven’t seen much on cruise critic regarding the Presidents Cruise. I am catching up on a few pages of another  social media site. 

Lots of swag, that I imagine will be available on eBay early next week. Lots of activities and lots of photos. 

Those who are attending look to be having a lot of fun and are enjoying the  attention received from Royal Caribbean top management. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Haven’t seen much on cruise critic regarding the Presidents Cruise. I am catching up on a few pages of another  social media site. 

Lots of swag, that I imagine will be available on eBay early next week. Lots of activities and lots of photos. 

Those who are attending look to be having a lot of fun and are enjoying the  attention received from Royal Caribbean top management. 

m

I wonder if the President and staff are tired of the Pinnacles by now?  I would think they would be seeking out new cruisers. Ya know those who sail on other ships or new to cruising.

Those would be the ones to talk and learn things from IMHO

• Like 2

I assume with it being a president cruise they pull out all the stops? Saw on another board that they noticed some carpets and furniture has been renewed. 
I wasn’t going to ask since reading the half and half frenzy 😂

We just got off Allure. It was pretty normal for the most part. Encountered a few more entitled guests and back to back cruisesr than a normal cruise.

I talked to a lot of the staff and almost all of them were not looking forward to the President’s cruise. You can tell they were stressing over how the ship will be full of entitled/ demanding guests. If you look on another platform you will see post after post of complaints. I feel sorry for the staff!

We cruise Royal a few times a year but you couldn’t pay me to get on that cruise even with all the benefits! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We just got off Allure. It was pretty normal for the most part. Encountered a few more entitled guests and back to back cruisesr than a normal cruise.

I talked to a lot of the staff and almost all of them were not looking forward to the President’s cruise. You can tell they were stressing over how the ship will be full of entitled/ demanding guests. If you look on another platform you will see post after post of complaints. I feel sorry for the staff!

We cruise Royal a few times a year but you couldn’t pay me to get on that cruise even with all the benefits! 

I can totally believe how entitled some guests are. We were on independence in feb and one woman was crying and literally stamping her feel because she wanted a specific seat in the theatre to see grease, the staff relented and asked others to move to accommodate her she then proceeded to talk to people around her for the whole show going on and on about her pinnacle status 😑

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Polition67 said:

I can totally believe how entitled some guests are. We were on independence in feb and one woman was crying and literally stamping her feel because she wanted a specific seat in the theatre to see grease, the staff relented and asked others to move to accommodate her she then proceeded to talk to people around her for the whole show going on and on about her pinnacle status 😑

I have a lot of stories from the diamond lounge! It’s amazing how some act but I’ve also met a lot of nice people. 

My favorite recent encounter is a man with his “pin” proudly on his shirt cutting in front of the elevator line and stating he is able to get on first. Didn’t end well for him. Hopefully the next group also didn’t allow him on the elevator as we wanted some space. You know social distancing! Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure how a post about the president’s   cruise  became a “let’s dump on Pinnacles”   thread.

Anybody can go on a President Cruise. You don’t even have to be a member of crown and anchor.  

m

Let's be real, who would you think are the one's complaining...

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:05 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I wonder if the President and staff are tired of the Pinnacles by now?  I would think they would be seeking out new cruisers. Ya know those who sail on other ships or new to cruising.

Those would be the ones to talk and learn things from IMHO

So you are saying they are tired of having Mario onboard are they? After all he only eats in the buffett doesn't gamble and doesn't upgrade to al inclusive and works to pay for this cruising.

Before answering back please bare in mind no matter what they tell you the ships are NOT FULL

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Polition67 said:

20 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

My favorite recent encounter is a man with his “pin” proudly on his shirt cutting in front of the elevator line and stating he is able to get on first. Didn’t end well for him. Hopefully the next group also didn’t allow him on the elevator as we wanted some space. You know social distancing! Haha

Only two of the thousand reasons whey we never wear our "pins".😇

• Like 5

Do President's Cruises cost more?  Does everyone get swag or just those registered via the PC?  Not that I want to go on one.  Seems like it might be a bit high stress or something.

Edited by moposh

Well the Presidents Cruise is a lot of hype . Chaka Kahn was the worse performance of any we have seen on any stage . A lot a lot of folks left performance early . Along with other rumors . Lots of negative posts deleted on F B pages and terrible communications with pre cruise emails and deliveries of communications on events on board to cabins . We will never do another presidents cruise . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, ssb said:

Well the Presidents Cruise is a lot of hype . Chaka Kahn was the worse performance of any we have seen on any stage . A lot a lot of folks left performance early . Along with other rumors . Lots of negative posts deleted on F B pages and terrible communications with pre cruise emails and deliveries of communications on events on board to cabins . We will never do another presidents cruise . 

That sounds exactly like the President's Cruise we took in 2016. Entertainer was different but equally poor. Our entire row walked out not even halfway through the performance. Communication was awful. Never again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, moposh said:

Do President's Cruises cost more?  Does everyone get swag or just those registered via the PC?  Not that I want to go on one.  Seems like it might be a bit high stress or something.

Yes they cost more.  I believe everyone gets swag some higher level C and A members probably get  more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

So you are saying they are tired of having Mario onboard are they? After all he only eats in the buffett doesn't gamble and doesn't upgrade to al inclusive and works to pay for this cruising.

Before answering back please bare in mind no matter what they tell you the ships are NOT FULL

I did not call out Mario by name so unsure as to why you mentioned.

Overall, I was making a tongue in cheek comment.  But Bayley should seek out newbies and get their opinions.  Pinnacles they already have the loyalty.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, crzndeb said:

A friend just posted a pic on IG, and here are the counts:

Gold- 876

Plat-   274

Emerald- 152

Diamond- 482

Diamond+- 787

Pinnacle- 547

Ship holds somewhere around 6000. So, the other 3000 are new cruisers!

m

1 hour ago, moposh said:

I signed up right away when it was announced, before the price started to move. It was still a lot imo. Its july so summer prices are extra high, then my TA said cant use solo discount, the DP340. Though I've read since they later said ok to solo discounts, so maybe there wasnt a rush to book it. 

I'm not pinnacle or maybe I'd have gone, but it wasnt a inexpensive date, though I'm sure it's gone up since then. I cancelled once I saw the total price before DP340. A lot of folks in texas were already signed up, so one assumes got it for even less. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

What does Mario and how full the ships are have to do with presidents cruise reviews?

Allure was overbooked 4 weeks in a row. Emails were sent out with offers to move to another date so I assume yes allure is running full. Allure is the ship used for this presidents cruise. This thread is regarding presidents cruise not some other random ship. When allure came in last Nov prices were high then because Texans were so happy to see a oasis class ship in texas. 

I was in a roll call for presidents cruise, but seems like more roll calls opened. Reviews dont seem anything great so far, but I've been reading them. 

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Omg! Ace where have you been? I haven’t seen you post over here since covid or did I just miss it? You’re still so obsessed with him? I only thought that was about how much he makes and if he still has to work for a living. Maybe one of these days you’ll get to cruise with him and learn all about his life, that is if he talks about it. Have you tried booking one of the cruises he’s on?

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I did not call out Mario by name so unsure as to why you mentioned.

Overall, I was making a tongue in cheek comment.  But Bayley should seek out newbies and get their opinions.  Pinnacles they already have the loyalty.  

See above.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

What does Mario and how full the ships are have to do with presidents cruise reviews?

See above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 2:24 PM, Polition67 said:

I’d have been the stubborn guest not moving, and gently stating my case if I were in the coveted seat! Sheesh!

• Like 2

I saw pictures labelled swag. I think everyone wanted swag. Hats with a band saying presidents cruise. And wrist bands to get in a show, and some other stuff. Nothing to get too excited about. I'm moving next year and trying to cut back on this stuff. 

• Like 1