2023 President’s cruise

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I saw pictures labelled swag. I think everyone wanted swag. Hats with a band saying presidents cruise. And wrist bands to get in a show, and some other stuff. Nothing to get too excited about. I'm moving next year and trying to cut back on this stuff. 

Lots of cute swag.  I'm sure some of it will be on ebay next week.  There is already a shirt there. 

Getting ready to move - what a chore!

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I’d have been the stubborn guest not moving, and gently stating my case if I were in the coveted seat! Sheesh!

I’d do the same as long as those seats were for me to be sitting in. Some seats are for suites, pinnacles, etc. It kind of sounds like the people sitting in them shouldn’t have been there in the first place. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’d do the same as long as those seats were for me to be sitting in. Some seats are for suites, pinnacles, etc. It kind of sounds like the people sitting in them shouldn’t have been there in the first place. 🤷🏼‍♀️

True but I wouldn’t ever sit where not allowed, it sounded more to me like it was just someone feeling that entitled since the reserved seating for suites and all is not always front and center!

I have only seen someone throwing their status around when at Guest Services.  I have never heard or seen it done in any other venue.   The only stories I've ever heard are on here.  I've seen words being exchanged but never once was status mentioned.  We've sat near the concierge multiple times in lounges and near the door and have never seen anyone stating their status or demanding something due to their status.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can totally believe how entitled some guests are

Funny, I never see this kind of behavior, maybe I'm just oblivious and having too much fun to notice.  I met a pinnacle on Odyssey, Betty and her husband, you'd never know their status by looking or  talking.  Delightful people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Funny, I never see this kind of behavior, maybe I'm just oblivious and having too much fun to notice.  I met a pinnacle on Odyssey, Betty and her husband, you'd never know their status by looking or  talking.  Delightful people.

This sounds like us. Before vouchers, we would go to the DL happy hour every night. On more than one occasion we met Pinnacles there who were easily twice our age at the time and, safe to say, magnitudes wealthier... but were so down to earth and nice that we had lengthy chats. I prefer the vouchers but I do miss that aspect (and I'm actually pretty introverted IRL).

I'll never forget meeting an older Pinnacle couple just after we turned D and weren't really avid cruisers yet (my wife had points from sailing as a kid). We were fascinated by how they spent months and months per year cruising (I totally understand now of course). They weren't there for anything lavish like Sky or Star class. They told us they just enjoyed having french toast in the MDR most mornings and spent a lot of time relaxing on their balcony just watching the ocean go by.

It really helped me understand how there are so many different ways one can enjoy cruising... and that's why I tell non-cruisers they should try it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BND said:

I have only seen someone throwing their status around when at Guest Services.  I have never heard or seen it done in any other venue.   The only stories I've ever heard are on here.  I've seen words being exchanged but never once was status mentioned.  We've sat near the concierge multiple times in lounges and near the door and have never seen anyone stating their status or demanding something due to their status.  

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

It happens, but nowhere near the frequency that is represented on these boards. We have met way more nice, laid back, and cordial Pins than the few obnox's discussed here. Those ones are just more visible and notable because of their boorish behavior. "A few rotten apples..."😇

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We've met several Pinns onboard in the DL usually.  One couple we'll be dining with each night on our upcoming 20 night b2b are recent Pinnacles and really nice people.  We met them last year at our dining table on a 12 night cruise from Baltimore.  We only know they are Pinns because it came up at dinner last year when we were talking about how many cruises we'd each been on.

I’m on the president’s cruise right now. Just seems like a regular cruise to me with a lot of added hype. Lots of pinnacles but I haven’t noticed an overwhelming presence. I assume they’ve got their own venues for the most part. 
I’ve noticed no snobbery. I know quite a few Ps and have mostly just caught a glimpse or two of a lot of them. 
Pinnacles and D+ got two Moët Champagne parties which were nice. 
Oh yeah, Chaka Kahn sucked. Lots of bickering about it on FB when people say it sucked and the Chaka fans defending her. 
They bought out the entire port at Costa Maya with food and open bar but the heat was unbearable.  
And don’t forget to get one of the new Royal Bling chain necklaces for only $38k. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The President cruise was hyped up here on CC.  Before the live threads during President cruises, no one cared.  RC probably saw the enthusiasm and expression of disappointment of missing the cruises in the posts that decided to start charging more for the sailing.  Maybe next year the prices will start to level out.  

No one cares about the President cruise on Celebrity.  It's definitely a RC thing.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I did not call out Mario by name so unsure as to why you mentioned.

Overall, I was making a tongue in cheek comment.  But Bayley should seek out newbies and get their opinions.  Pinnacles they already have the loyalty.  

Royal like any line will take what it can get in these post covid times. They are not going to cast any cateogry adrift.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Royal like any line will take what it can get in these post covid times. They are not going to cast any cateogry adrift.

LOL that you think it's because of "post covid" times.  It's the economy we're in and this is hardly the first time we've had an inflationary period.  Every time we do people complain about the cost of everything.   Or, haven't you noticed the costs of everything from groceries to fuel to even borrowing money?  Why should a cruise line (or any company) be exempt?

Also, you're the one who kept saying we'd be "masked" forever, etc. LOL.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BND said:

LOL that you think it's because of "post covid" times.  It's the economy we're in and this is hardly the first time we've had an inflationary period.  Every time we do people complain about the cost of everything.   Or, haven't you noticed the costs of everything from groceries to fuel to even borrowing money?  Why should a cruise line (or any company) be exempt?

Also, you're the one who kept saying we'd be "masked" forever, etc. LOL.  

Of course they are not exempt from the ecnomic factors but to my reading of this thread some people seem to be arguing that the entire upper tier of Royal loyalty be cut away in favour of something new. and have that past loyalty mean nothing. Do that people might walk away from Royal? Royal can turn nothing away if they make money on it. No one can to be fair

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Of course they are not exempt from the ecnomic factors but to my reading of this thread some people seem to be arguing that the entire upper tier of Royal loyalty be cut away in favour of something new. and have that past loyalty mean nothing. Do that people might walk away from Royal? Royal can turn nothing away if they make money on it. No one can to be fair

People can want what they want, but that won't happen.  They may make adjustments to the tiers (as they have previously) but they're not going to cut away the top tiers perse.

6 minutes ago, BND said:

People can want what they want, but that won't happen.  They may make adjustments to the tiers (as they have previously) but they're not going to cut away the top tiers perse.

I wonder how much of this world cruise is an attempt to cut into a segement of the older cruise focused lines by the duality of not only a world cruise -seeing if a world cruise works for Royal - with the twist of being the longest ever to draw people in. But also the thinking that by doing so they might cut into the Cunard, P&O and even MSC world cruise market segment at least for a year or two.

Edited by ace2542

presidents cruise, one and done!  Yea, chaka sucked. what was with the sniffing into the mike and no attention span as her on stage people had to keep her on track. If she was so good, why did more than 1/2 leave early, like after 2/3 song of screaming. Who ever approved and selected this from

rccl should reimburse the company from their own pocket.

4 minutes ago, southeastsun said:

presidents cruise, one and done!  Yea, chaka sucked. what was with the sniffing into the mike and no attention span as her on stage people had to keep her on track. If she was so good, why did more than 1/2 leave early, like after 2/3 song of screaming. Who ever approved and selected this from

rccl should reimburse the company from their own pocket.

The sniffing?  I think she was trying to get that last bit of blow all the way up. 
The backup singers did all the singing and she just finished the song with a scream at the end.