45-day checkin woes

Our booking (on Vision) says "check in now!", but most, among those I'm in touch with, have not been able to do so.  Some have been trying since midnight.

The format does look a bit different from our previous cruises, and of concern to us, no longer has the option to fill in everything without using the app.

Anyone else finding this, or better yet, have a cure?

Same issues with Jewel, but was able to check in with everything this morning, except arrival times. Those aren’t coming up on website or app. There was obviously some issues last night, as I checked at 9 pacific, and everything was down.

Edited by crzndeb

46 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Our booking (on Vision) says "check in now!", but most, among those I'm in touch with, have not been able to do so.  Some have been trying since midnight.

The format does look a bit different from our previous cruises, and of concern to us, no longer has the option to fill in everything without using the app.

Anyone else finding this, or better yet, have a cure?

Happens at times. Had more then one do this, couple wasn't able until 1-2 days later, another even longer. Then one last yr could not pick Check in time until 30days out. Just keep checking...

Edited by ONECRUISER

55 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Same issues with Jewel, but was able to check in with everything this morning, except arrival times. Those aren’t coming up on website or app. There was obviously some issues last night, as I checked at 9 pacific, and everything was down.

Might be because a TA is before our sailing and they are thinking about allowing extra time for those passengers to get off in Bayonne before allowing us to board? They might be thinking about padding times some before letting us schedule boarding times.

57 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Don't use the check in button on the app. It never seems to work for the initial check in. Use the check in link on your user profile page in the app instead

worked just fine for 7 of us.

Worked out ok for me on Harmony last week. 

Checked in a few minutes after midnight , using the app on my iphone . Only selected my check in time and filled out the rest on my laptop later that day .

I find that method works best for me as i dont have to get my passport info as i only want to  select the time at that point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, loman said:

Worked out ok for me on Harmony last week. 

Checked in a few minutes after midnight , using the app on my iphone . Only selected my check in time and filled out the rest on my laptop later that day .

I find that method works best for me as i dont have to get my passport info as i only want to  select the time at that point.

The problem just started today.

I love app on board. I “reserve” (not actual reservation) multiple events, music in various venues, shows.. and I get reminders, so I don’t need to have paper schedule with me.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jimbo said:

Might be because a TA is before our sailing and they are thinking about allowing extra time for those passengers to get off in Bayonne before allowing us to board? They might be thinking about padding times some before letting us schedule boarding times.

Is this common to allow extra time for passengers to get off of TA’s? Why would a TA need extra time than other cruises? We have a flight booked that day for 11:00. We were going to change it, but decided to leave it at that time.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Is this common to allow extra time for passengers to get off of TA’s? Why would a TA need extra time than other cruises? We have a flight booked that day for 11:00. We were going to change it, but decided to leave it at that time.

Sometimes a little bit of a delay. It is hard to say how much of one. The ship will just be arriving in the US from a foreign country after an extended stay, so the crew and facilities will be subjected to a mandatory Coast Guard, Immigration and Health inspection. They may still have express walk off, so I would do that if you can. 

• Thanks 1

When we came from Australia to Hawaii, we were still off by 9:30, so there wasn't really any delay. And I don't really remember one from our TA. I think we were off by 10, with regular disembarkation in FLL, with a noon flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Sometimes a little bit of a delay. It is hard to say how much of one. The ship will just be arriving in the US from a foreign country after an extended stay, so the crew and facilities will be subjected to a mandatory Coast Guard, Immigration and Health inspection. They may still have express walk off, so I would do that if you can. 

Thanks. We do plan on doing the early walk off.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

I always checkin through my online account (using my desk top) and never use the app until I board and even then rarely use it.

Yes, that's what we've done for years, but this time there is no option to do so.

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just FYI, for the Jewel on the 14th of September, earliest check in time was 12 noon, so don't really know how that effects passengers getting off the TA.

Just something to be aware of, have a backup plan in place incase you miss your flight.

Two thoughts: 

- Try using your computer instead of your phone; it seems to be easier.  

- On one of the cruises we took last year, we were unable to check-in on the appointed day.  I tried repeatedly.  No luck.  The next day it opened at midnight, and I was "in" immediately.  I can only assume RC set the wrong date in the computer.