It's official, Coco Cay beach beds have doubled in price.

These used to go for $199 (breezy bay and south beach)-$299 (chill island). They've been all $399 for the last week or so. I thought maybe they upped the price to offer a "sale" during labor day or otherwise. Nope, Labor day sale just launched and beach beds are still $399.  I know that there are free options on coco cay and paying is optional, but when you're the second ship to port pickings are slim and finding lounge chairs to accommodate a family is frustrating - this from personal experience. I was always able to justify the convenience at $199 but $399 - nope. 

• Like 1

I 100% agree.... I was shocked and very disappointed. We always got the beds for the 2 of us and now at $400 I can't justify that... my hope is that they will be on sale during black friday but I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

No one is on the ship and they're free there.  Also plenty of free ones on coco cay if you get there on time.  RCCL must get a good laugh when people pay for a chair.

The number of newbies I see on FB who really think they have to purchase something in advance shows they know what they're doing in marketing but I and many others do try to let them know you don't have to spend a dime!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

No one is on the ship and they're free there.  Also plenty of free ones on coco cay if you get there on time.  RCCL must get a good laugh when people pay for a chair.

FWIW I just got off Oasis. Solo. Second ship to port. I was off right when gangway opened. Headed to south beach. Took nearly 30 minutes looking up and down all rows of “free” lounges before finally finding a SINGLE free lounger last row right by the beach bed area farthest row from ocean.

As more people came trickling in most families with young kids in tow- there was much loudly communicated frustration at the ZERO availability of “free” lounge chairs. Two separate families were loudly begging the bed “concierge” to pay for a bed… they were all taken.

Having to shlep my kids from one “free” coco cay beach area to another in the heat on an “all inclusive” vacation scouring for a place to lay down for free would utterly ruin my “perfect day”. 

• Like 5

Well, this stinks.  We normally get one but decided not to on our last stop.  As a group of 5 we spent the better part of the day trying to find a place to set up shop all together and not onesie twosie all over the place.  Also perfect for the sun/shade debate.  Made us feel like it would have been well worth it.  But not at double.

I booked a few months ago BB at $219. It was for a cruise that is all the way out in Nov 2024. I don't normally book anything that far out but $219 seemed like such a good price and it is so rare to see anything on sale that far ahead I scooped it up.  So glad I did.

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I booked a few months ago BB at $219. It was for a cruise that is all the way out in Nov 2024. I don't normally book anything that far out but $219 seemed like such a good price and it is so rare to see anything on sale that far ahead I scooped it up.  So glad I did.

That's the price I booked - and I purchased like 3 months for May 2024.  I was debating just staying on the ship, but it's a girls trip and we are all celebrating our big 5-0 so I decided to splurge and surprise us with one. Never been to Coco Cay and everyone seems to love it - was just gonna stay on the ship but now am excited to enjoy it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Never been to Coco Cay and everyone seems to love it - was just gonna stay on the ship but now am excited to enjoy it.

No-brainer good call. If you hate it (no idea why you would) you can always go back to the ship.

This is coming from someone who loves it, btw.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No-brainer good call. If you hate it (no idea why you would) you can always go back to the ship.

This is coming from someone who loves it, btw.

Only because we are sailing on Icon and thought I might enjoy an empty ship. 😍

• Like 2

obviously not worth it.  Ok, deep breath, you just need to get up early.  In May we went to south beach.  If you do this, get off early and TAKE THE TRAM, we walked with a stroller and kiddos, crazy times.  There is a towel shack there, no need to carry them towels, plenty of chairs, there is a free buffet, some game sites, a bathroom and a bar.  Bar service to the chairs was surprisingly good, gave our waitress a $10 bill to come often, lol. we are on vacay.  On the way back we walked again, stopped at the water park (free one), then the pool.  Full free day at the Island. Save your money, but take the tram out as it's the furthest point.  There is also a floating bar, and some cool water lounging areas too.  No sea lice for us in May, but grandson did get stung by a jellyfish, which they are everywhere, or anywhere and it's possible.  We had a great day, aside from the initial hot long walk.

On 8/29/2023 at 2:37 PM, Tree_skier said:

I bought 2 beds for that price, plus Nassau VAT tax for out Easter '24 Anthem cruise.  What is funny is that currently all of the beds are priced alike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

obviously not worth it.  Ok, deep breath, you just need to get up early.  In May we went to south beach.  If you do this, get off early and TAKE THE TRAM, we walked with a stroller and kiddos, crazy times.  There is a towel shack there, no need to carry them towels, plenty of chairs, there is a free buffet, some game sites, a bathroom and a bar.  Bar service to the chairs was surprisingly good, gave our waitress a $10 bill to come often, lol. we are on vacay.  On the way back we walked again, stopped at the water park (free one), then the pool.  Full free day at the Island. Save your money, but take the tram out as it's the furthest point.  There is also a floating bar, and some cool water lounging areas too.  No sea lice for us in May, but grandson did get stung by a jellyfish, which they are everywhere, or anywhere and it's possible.  We had a great day, aside from the initial hot long walk.

If you're second ship to port, doesn't matter how early you get up..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, soremekun said:

Let's boycott Royal Caribbean and only book Margaritaville at Sea!

You now have a second ship/port as a choice with them:

"Margaritaville at Sea is expanding its operations with the introduction of a new cruise ship and the addition of Tampa, Florida as a homeport. This expansion, starting in June 2024, signals the cruise line’s growth from its traditional base in Palm Beach, Florida.

The new ship will offer four and five-night itineraries in the Gulf of Mexico, including destinations in the western Caribbean and southern Florida.

Margaritaville at Sea has become one of the most popular small cruise lines sailing out of Palm Beach, Florida, with its two-night cruises to the Bahamas. However, the company announced today it will begin offering cruises out of Tampa, Florida, sailing to western Caribbean destinations Cozumel and Progreso, as well as Key West.

The first cruise onboard the Margaritaville at Sea Islander will set sail on her maiden voyage on June 14, 2024. Cruises on offer will alternate between four and five nights and include a four-night Cozumel cruise, with a day in Cozumel, and a day at sea on days 2 and 4. 

There will also be a five-night cruise to Key West and Cozumel, a five-night cruise to Key West and Progreso, and a five-night cruise to Progreso and Cozumel. The new cruises are already bookable on the cruise line’s website, with the cruise line offering exclusive preview incentives.

“Since we launched our first ship, Margaritaville at Sea Paradise, last year, we’ve been working to expand what our guests have been asking for; more amazing views, longer itineraries, and new ports of call,” said Christopher Ivy, CEO of Margaritaville at Sea. 

The news that the Margaritaville at Sea Islander will be homeported in Tampa has been welcomed by the port. She joins other cruise ships sailing from Tampa, such as Carnival Paradise, Enchantment Of The Seas, Carnival Pride, Norwegian Jade, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Legend, and more.

The Margaritaville at Sea Islander is the former Costa Atlantica, which Costa Cruises sold to Chinese cruise line Adora Cruises. Unlike her sister ship, the Costa Mediterranea, she never entered service with Adora Cruises and was sold off to Margaritaville. 

The 85,619 gross tons Margaritaville at Sea Islander has space for 2,650 guests. The vessel is already undergoing work to transform her for her new owners, which includes a new livery and Margaritaville theming throughout, making her ready for her maiden four-night cruise to Cozumel. 

Onboard, guests can enjoy a wide range of food and beverage options, befitting the Margaritaville feel. This includes the only three-story poolside LandShark Bar at Sea and a Margaritaville-inspired cornhole and mini-golf course.

Kids and those young-at-heart will enjoy the Caribbean Amphibian Splash and Slide on the outside decks. Margaritaville at Sea signature favorites like JWB Prime Steakhouse and Rita’s Taco House will also be present onboard.:

Margaritaville at Sea Expands With Second Ship and Homeport (cruisehive.com)

• Like 1