richwmn

Today is National Cinema Day, US Bowling League Day, and Skyscraper Day

A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours. - Milton Berle

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegan Soba Noodle Salad
Drink of the Day - Sauza Razzmatazz Margarita
Wine of the Day - O. Dalliance 2012 Red Wine
Destination of the Day - Celukan Bawang, Bali Indonesia

Today in History:
301 San Marino, one of the smallest nations in the world and the world's oldest republic still in existence, founded by Saint Marinus
1783 Treaty of Paris signed in Paris ends the American Revolutionary War between Great Britain and United States of America

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 09-04

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 09-04

Nieuw Amsterdam

Whittier, Alaska 0100-2000

Nieuw Statendam

Stavanger, Norway

Noordam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Dubrovnik, Croatia eta 09-04

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Invergordon, Scotland

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 0700-1500

Zaandam

Montreal, Quebec 0700-1700

Zuiderdam

Quebec City, Quebec Overnight

0903World.thumb.png.6ab7f199a5e93f6679d9e7dc1392037c.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily.

It is sunny and 76°F here.

We had a lovely church service this morning and Father David's Sermon is in my previous post.

A fun quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I pray 🙏 everyone is safe and well.

Good wishes to those currently or due to sail.

IMG_20230903_115147.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 29

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and Graham.  I was in a bowling league way back in the 60's, but rarely go to a cinema.  Skyscrapers are interesting.  I see a ring of truth in Berle's comment.

I have not been to San Marino.  This was a great day for the US in 1783. 

I visited Bali just once, embarking the Crystal Symphony there back in 2014 for a string of 3 cruises that ended in Fort Lauderdale on the Amsterdam.

Not sure about the meal.

AV duty at church and then it will be hunkering inside with the heat.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It is a cool 62 this morning, with a high of 86 and sunny skies expected.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report today.

Interesting days today.  I haven't been to a cinema in years, never played on a bowling league (DH did), and appreciate the beauty and work put into skyscrapers.  A funny Milton Berle quote to ponder.  The vegan soba noodle salad sounds unique.  I'll pass on the drink and wine.  Fascinating item about San Marino being founded oh so long ago.  And a very important day in history when the Treaty of Paris was signed to end the Revolutionary War. Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports this morning.

Prayers today for the Care list.  We pray for improvement of everyone on our list.  Yesterday I heard my friend's DB Mark is touch and go, up one day and down the next.  I also heard this weekend that two of my DGS's have been ill (2 different states).  Neither has Covid though the one headed to college in a few weeks had just had a Covid booster.  Hoping they are both feeling well soon.  DS will be taking the new college student to Portugal with him in about 5 days on a week long business trip, just for fun before he begins classes later this month.  Hope everyone is well for that trip and enjoy their time abroad.🙏  Cheers to those on the Celebration list and those cruising.  Good luck today to Maureen @RMLincoln and DH as they travel to NY for their cruise and to Jake @Crazy For Cats and DH join their cruise after quite a difficult travel day.  🚢🥂  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for updating our lists each day.

Our destination today is Celukan Bawang in Bali, Indonesia.  This is a brand new port for the Daily and Fleet Report.  This is a completely different port and opposite side of the island of Bali than Benoa.  I have only been to Benoa.  We would love to see some great new photos today of Celukan Bawang!!

Hoping all have a phenomenal Sunday on this long Labor Day weekend.🗽

• Like 34

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Sharon in AZ’s Aunt Betty passing on 8/30

Catmando with cancer recurrence, and new medical issues

Cruzin Terri’s cousin post stent, not doing well

RIP Jimmy Buffett

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Franklin or Idalia 

Shooting victim(s) 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Kazu with elbow pain and mobility issues

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder, PT for now and eventual surgery

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering at home, poor appetite

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Juan!

Bon Voyage Luvteaching (Karen)!

Aliaschief and DW in Oregon spending 2 weeks with family

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas improving after a fall and rib fractures

StLouisCruisers (Sandi) and Dennis becoming HAL 5-star Mariners

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from rehab

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy Sept 4 to Sept 20, B2B) *ship departure delayed 1 day due to late ship arrival in NYC from Bermuda due to hurricane Idalia*

Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday, Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess to Sept 8 ), Luvteaching (Westerdam to Sept 10), HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13)

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

Interesting collection of days. I think I will pass and just celebrate a nice day.  OMG - Milton Berle sure hit the nail on the head with that quote 😂 

My friend is visiting today and I offered to prep stuff rather than pick up sandwich - smoked salmon, gigantic shrimp, home made rolls (hope they turn out) and all the accompaniments are on the menu. And wine - I’m sure there will be wine.  A bit of tidying and prepping is in order this morning. 😉 

IMG_0895.jpeg.ca4016786368a7a841daadcebdc52d73.jpeg

I confess to bribing Ivan yesterday.   Many of his toys needed washing desperately and I knew he would be ever so upset losing 4 of them (losing one is tragic).  I had some Costco toys I hid so I gave him a new one which kept him occupied.

IMG_1833.thumb.jpeg.6f05f47120db802ae6962a369686095b.jpeg

Only problem is he needs a new toy like a hole in the head.  I thought I would take it away when he wasn’t looking but I don’t think he is going to give it up 😂 

Glad Jake @Crazy For Cats made it and will be boarding today.  Bon voyage!

IMG_3409.jpeg.21df2edfd1c663d3d8ed487966a46a06.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating & cruising.

IMG_0896.thumb.jpeg.172a5692973cdd80cad9da5206d784b2.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 31
  • Haha 11

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! The waning moon was so bright this morning Bindi and I could easily see our way on our walk - even though day is just starting to break here. Last night’s scallops were amazing. I still can’t believe Aldi’s flash frozen scallops could be so good. And so cheap!

Vanessa, thank your for taking care of our lists! Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores & a surprise birthday party for a neighbor who is turning 85! That will be a great way to end the day. 

IMG_1660.jpeg.43d551fef2aae4b539d8ffc93621d779.jpeg

IMG_1693.jpeg.278ece60004ffc283a647c36074ebbbe.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg.93518df2190cecc26dbbecc3117e25af.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support! Cheers to all who are celebrating! @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda a belated anniversary to you & Steve!  May you celebrate many more!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Dalliance 2012 Red Wine

This California red blend comes from the Lake Country just North of Napa. It is available from a decent number of distributors for a reasonable price. Good - very good reviews from consumers & at least one reviewer. Online prices start at $9.99.

Wine Enthusiast - 86

Full body, ripe grapy fruit flavors and a healthy pinch of spicy oak join with a smooth texture that is just slightly tannic. The feeling is mouthfilling, and the wine is dense enough with cherry and berry flavors to be satisfying. It's a blend of mostly Zinfandel and Syrah.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

Sauza Razzmatazz Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Sauza® Silver Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Lime Juice
1/2 part Simple Syrup
Garnish: Lime Wedge,
Salt

Instructions
By the glass: Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a ice-filled margarita glass. Garnish with lime wedge & salt.
By the pitcher: Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir. Serve in ice-filled margarita glasses. Garnish glasses with lime wedge & salt.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 7.11.07 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning from Montreal,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.   We had a good night's sleep and feel refreshed.  I did wake up at the usual time to serve breakfast,  guess I'm well trained.  Heading down for breakfast and to see the HAL contact for ship transfer details. 

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

A nice view from the hotel. 

20230903_071023.thumb.jpg.a4843aad08f2cbf0f525b260b5155e9e.jpg

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from Montreal,  thanks for today's daily fleet report.   We had a good night's sleep and feel refreshed.  I did wake up at the usual time to serve breakfast,  guess I'm well trained.  Heading down for breakfast and to see the HAL contact for ship transfer details. 

I hope everyone has a good day today. 

A nice view from the hotel. 

20230903_071023.thumb.jpg.a4843aad08f2cbf0f525b260b5155e9e.jpg

Bon Voyage you two!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Sharon in AZ’s Aunt Betty passing on 8/30

Catmando with cancer recurrence, and new medical issues

Cruzin Terri’s cousin post stent, not doing well

RIP Jimmy Buffett

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Franklin or Idalia 

Shooting victim(s) 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Kazu with elbow pain and mobility issues

Haljo1945 with a frozen shoulder, PT for now and eventual surgery

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering at home, poor appetite

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Juan!

Bon Voyage Luvteaching (Karen)!

Aliaschief and DW in Oregon spending 2 weeks with family

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas improving after a fall and rib fractures

StLouisCruisers (Sandi) and Dennis becoming HAL 5-star Mariners

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from rehab

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy Sept 4 to Sept 20, B2B) *ship departure delayed 1 day due to late ship arrival in NYC from Bermuda due to hurricane Idalia*

Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday, Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess to Sept 8 ), Luvteaching (Westerdam to Sept 10), HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B) and Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13)

Thank you Vanessa for a very comprehensive list and remembering everything.

• Like 21

Good morning!  Thanks for the Report.

It's supposed to be a hot one for us today, could be 40C (104F) with the humidex.  I don't think I'll be doing much.

I haven't been to the cinema in years, I don't bowl but I do appreciate the architecture of some skyscrapers.

Love the quote, too true in too many cases.

I'll pass on the meal, but would like to try the drink and wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@Crazy For Cats Bon Voyage!

@luvteaching  Bon Voyage!

@kazu Bertie has that same piggy from Costco!  I hope Ivan loves it too.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you Graham.A very good sermon today. To suffer from anxiety yet be front and centre in such a role shows what a good and brave man Father David is.  Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

We have known David for over 20 years and he did our Sarah's first wedding service as well as Pauline's mam and dad and my mam and dad's funeral services.

He is a genuine nice man.

It's lovely to see you on here as you are the nicest poster on our P&O forums and everyone on here will love you too.

Graham xx.

• Like 25

Good morning everyone.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your contributions to this tread and keeping it going. 

Thank you also to Graham for Father David’s sermon.  Always welcome on Sunday mornings.

I have a busy day.  Today will not be a day of rest for us as we will be putting our house back together again—hopefully for the last time.  

I expect my cleaner to show up at 10 am so it is now time to get my DH out of bed so that we have breakfast and get our lives together before she shows up.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you Graham.A very good sermon today. To suffer from anxiety yet be front and centre in such a role shows what a good and brave man Father David is.  Jane xx

Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily, Jane.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

Interesting collection of days. I think I will pass and just celebrate a nice day.  OMG - Milton Berle sure hit the nail on the head with that quote 😂 

My friend is visiting today and I offered to prep stuff rather than pick up sandwich - smoked salmon, gigantic shrimp, home made rolls (hope they turn out) and all the accompaniments are on the menu. And wine - I’m sure there will be wine.  A bit of tidying and prepping is in order this morning. 😉 

IMG_0895.jpeg.ca4016786368a7a841daadcebdc52d73.jpeg

I confess to bribing Ivan yesterday.   Many of his toys needed washing desperately and I knew he would be ever so upset losing 4 of them (losing one is tragic).  I had some Costco toys I hid so I gave him a new one which kept him occupied.

IMG_1833.thumb.jpeg.6f05f47120db802ae6962a369686095b.jpeg

Only problem is he needs a new toy like a hole in the head.  I thought I would take it away when he wasn’t looking but I don’t think he is going to give it up 😂 

Glad Jake @Crazy For Cats made it and will be boarding today.  Bon voyage!

IMG_3409.jpeg.21df2edfd1c663d3d8ed487966a46a06.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating & cruising.

IMG_0896.thumb.jpeg.172a5692973cdd80cad9da5206d784b2.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Ivan looks lovely.

• Like 16

Good morning. It will be hot here and the humidity  is back.

@Crazy For Cats, Bon Voyage!It was quite a travel day yesterday  but now you can relax.

@luvteaching, Karen, Bon Voyage and enjoy your cruise!

I would enjoy the soba noodles but would have grumpy eaters if I made them for dinner.We are having shrimp scampi today which will be happily consumed by most.

Have a wonderful  day everyone. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

@luvteaching Bon Voyage!  🍾🛳️

@Crazy For Cats Bon Voyage!  So happy you made it after the scare with the flight delays.  🛳️🍾

@kazu looks like Ivan loves his new lamb. 

Good morning.   No skyscrapers to see here.  Our cinema visits are on hold until we return home.  A fun quote by Milton Berle. Pass on the meal, the cocktail looks tasty and I wouldn't touch a 2012 vintage of a $9.99 wine with a ten foot pole.  A very important day in American history.  

Thanks for keeping us updated on the Cares and Celebrations Vanessa.  It takes a lot of work to keep up with the detail of everyone's comments to help us all out.  Prayers for all on the list and for those needing them.  Prayers for Ukraine and Maui and the hurricane victims in Florida.  

We got the west side stained in no time.  The stain had to be stowed until the south side was no longer sunny so I will do that this morning since it is cloudy.   Two more really hot days after today then a cold front moves through bringing us rain and a high of 59 on Monday.  We have had some strange years up here, we have had decent weather for the most part.  The poor fishing and the tomatoes not ripening well is frustrating.  

We had a couple of Monarch butterflies in the yard.  This time of year this is the generation that migrates to Mexico.  They were nectaring on my flowers all day loading up for the long flight. 

IMG_20230902_133924745_HDR.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

Good sunny and warm morning. It’s going to be hot all week long, in the middle to upper 90’s. Some schools have already announced they are closing early because they don’t have air conditioning.

Graham @grapau27, it was nice to see Father David outside in the beautiful sunshine. I appreciate his message every week.

The escaped convict has still not been found and people are still urged to stay inside. Longwood Gardens are staying closed until further notice. 

@Crazy For Cats, Bon Voyage, I’m so glad you made it safely to Montreal.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2