Celebrity cruise ships, recommendations

Hazelwoodp

3 minutes ago, Hazelwoodp said:

We have cruised on Summit, Solstice and Silhouette.  Other than those three, which ships have you loved the most and why.   We’d like to book another cruise next year and want to stay with Celebrity.  Thanks for your help!

You have sailed on "M" class and "S" class.  I believe you should try "E" class now.  Do your research and do not end up in a room you wouldn't like.

We have sailed all of the Celebrity ships.  We have loved them all.  But, I have to admit, Beyond is one of if not the favorite ship.  It is the most beautiful ship we have sailed on. 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We love all the Celebrity ships!  However for the past few years we have done all the Edge Class ships.  We love them, Edge, Apex, Beyond and doing Ascent next. They are a different layout from the other ships. We love to hang out in Eden for cocktails, and Eden restaurant is also great. We also love the theater. Very high tech. Edge and Apex have same layout but different art work.  Beyond is a little different. We like them all. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

S class all the way.

I am trying M class,  but really don't care for E class.

The E class ships are A Lot different than the M and S class ships.

The older ships never seem crowded (well except at Lunch in the OVC on Sea days?) but the E class ships are intended to carry a lot more guests (More Profits) and they eliminated 2 of my favorite Celebrity things. The Main dining room and the forward facing Sky Lounge.

The Infinite Veranda is a joke and Eden is a giant wasted space.

You need to Try an E class ship and see if it's right for you.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hazelwoodp said:

We have cruised on Summit, Solstice and Silhouette.  Other than those three, which ships have you loved the most and why.   We’d like to book another cruise next year and want to stay with Celebrity.  Thanks for your help!

We book for the intinaries and not the ship. We like all three classes in Celebrity's fleet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

We book for the intinaries and not the ship. We like all three classes in Celebrity's fleet. 

I agree. All being equal I prefer the S class because of the various speciality dining options without as much class separation as the E class, and the much greater availability of balconies cabins than E class if desired. I enjoy all the ships so it does boil down to the itinerary and often the M class ship go to more interesting places that the larger ships cannot. Having said that, the E class ships are definitely worth trying. Different vibe that may be your jam.

Just now, billc23 said:

I agree. All being equal I prefer the S class because of the various speciality dining options without as much class separation as the E class, and the much greater availability of balconies cabins than E class if desired. I enjoy all the ships so it does boil down to the itinerary and often the M class ship go to more interesting places that the larger ships cannot. Having said that, the E class ships are definitely worth trying. Different vibe that may be your jam.

We enjoyed our March Apex (itinerary and ship) cruise. We booked an Alaska cruise while on board the Apex for September 2024 and that cruise just happens to be on the Edge. Looking forward to the itinerary and ship.  

I like the E class , we have done Edge and Beyond, I think they have superior entertainment, love their martini bar and love the live entertainment staring early in the afternoon. E class also has by far the best suite perks, because of outdoor retreat with pool etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hazelwoodp said:

We have been on all Classes ( M-S-E ) of Celebrity ships-- never had a bad cruise.

" Loved the most " :

Our preference is an S class -- with a large balcony on the " hump" ( as they are referred to) in the center of the ship , the outdoor  Lawn Club Grill Specialty restaurant on the top deck, Murano, and Tuscan Grill for a second breakfast, and the Solarium Pool ( Adults only , except for the time a CCer " spotted " a child in there and ran back to their cabin to post it on CC for people like me to laugh at )!!

However, ( and, I'm not intending to start another debate ) on a recent cruise on the Edge we enjoyed everything -- except the Infinite Verandah -- which is only a 3ft addition to the cabin with a window that opens 1/2 way down.

" Why " :

Service--- Food-- Lots of very nice people -- there was nothing to complain about.

( And, FYI -- I never even once noticed that there were no round tomatoes in the buffet which " prompted " a CCer to start a thread about a few days ago ( LOL ).

• Like 3

Pinboy, what about important stuff like who is the Captain?? And the Porch gave me brown mustard on my hotdog yet they advertised ball park mustard. Unbelievable!  You're one of my favorite posters, keep the levity coming!

Edited by billc23
  • Thanks 1

My vote goes to Silhouette for many of the reasons outline earlier.  

1. She is the newest of the three ships listed.

2. She has the most specialty restaurant choices of the three--two more than her older sister, Solstice.

However choose Solstice only if you wish to participate in the Hot Glass Class which is run by Hollywood Hot Glass.  Of the three, it is only available on Solstice.

Choose Summit if you want an aft balcony cabin.  Like the rest of her sister ships, Summit has the aft cabin balconies in the fleet as they are quite large with a good mix of sun and shade from the overhead covering.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5ff400c0a1bb36733b75fe915d5bbee.jpeg

Silhouette in her old paint job docked at Port Everglades.  Jan 18, 2019.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

I agree with the posts saying they loved all the 3 Celebrity Class ships. each has a uniqueness that we enjoy. 

But favorite right now is the Edge Class. We havent done Beyond, but have Edge and Apex, and are set for the Ascent for a 4N Thanksgiving cruise that is Prior to its formal cruising. 

Since the OP has been on S and M Class, what I liked best about Edge:

1. the four separate dining rooms. Quieter. Quicker service. A bit of different decor…..and just fun.

2. Eden. Loved the bar, the lounging area, the specialty restaurant. The lunch area at sea And the wraparound walkway around the stern. 

4. I know some dont like them, but I love the Infinite Veranda layout. I dont sunbathe anywhere so the design is what I enjoy. Opens the room up to a larger use space and so on.

5. The round more open theater setup. Love it.

My reference to the IV SRs of course will open the door to the Hate IV, but each to our own tastes. That’s what is so nice about different designs!

And yup, each need to try out the ships since taste is so subjective. Jut like I dont really care too much about dining comments, especailly the ‘I found nothing editable’…..really!?!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

My favorite ship is Equinox.  I've probably sailed her the most and have made years long friends with some of the staff. I am not a huge fan of E class ships. I need a real balcony,  and find them too crowded and noisy to my taste (although I have only been on Apex, and am trying Ascent next year). They do have the best Retreat areas.

The E class vs S class debate may depend upon if you are travelling in a suite or not.  The suite cruisers tend to prefer E class.

The non-suite cruisers miss the forward looking views and balconies on E class. 

The suite cruisers on E class get balconies.

23 hours ago, billc23 said:

Pinboy, what about important stuff like who is the Captain?? And the Porch gave me brown mustard on my hotdog yet they advertised ball park mustard. Unbelievable!  You're one of my favorite posters, keep the levity coming!

Appreciate it, especially since you have been a member in " Good Standing " ( probably sitting ?? ) and enjoying CC since 2006. 

As you know, we have to take some of the comments from the trolls on CC with a " grain of salt " .

Oops, that reminds me---- salt and pepper shakers with a Canadian flag logo---- would that be a nice memento( tip ) with $20 for our Cabin Attendant instead of $100 ?  

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:20 PM, D. B. said:

The E class ships are A Lot different than the M and S class ships.

The older ships never seem crowded (well except at Lunch in the OVC on Sea days?) but the E class ships are intended to carry a lot more guests (More Profits) and they eliminated 2 of my favorite Celebrity things. The Main dining room and the forward facing Sky Lounge.

The Infinite Veranda is a joke and Eden is a giant wasted space.

You need to Try an E class ship and see if it's right for you.

We found Edge crowded 

• 2 months later...

I have a quick question regarding Celebrity Silhouette cruising 4 days to the Bahamas March 2024

Question- has anyone selected the option "Ultimate Speciality dinning" on this ship? Is it worth the $228 per day for the 4 days we sail per person for lunch and dinner- Comes out to $114 per person per day (lunch & dinner)

dont see that many speciality options on this ship

is it worth it?

can anyone share their experiences?

t

Edited by crisaborke
mis spelled