How low do drink packages go?

23 minutes ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I've heard that the alcoholic drink packages go on sale for Black Friday. How low do they go?

Nobody knows but with the way things are going these days I wouldn't expect more than $5 or $6 per day at the next Black Friday sale. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Nobody knows but with the way things are going these days I wouldn't expect more than $5 or $6 per day at the next Black Friday sale. 

I'd love to be wrong, and I don't buy the DBP (or very much TBH), but I don't expect this year's black Friday sale to be as good as in years past.

There are a lot of factors involved with DX pricing on Royal.  Cruise length, region and how well sales for the packages have been trending on each sail date for each ship are all known factors, plus some we don't know.  

If you are seeking a fixed number as the best price please understand Royal is not like other lines that have more fixed prices for their packages.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'd love to be wrong, and I don't buy the DBP (or very much TBH), but I don't expect this year's black Friday sale to be as good as in years past.

I suspect you are right.  On my next two cruises, both on Harmony, it dropped to 67.99 from 72.99. It has been as high 77.99.  I don't expect anything better than  65.99 on Black Friday.  Even that is a long shot I fear.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you are seeking a fixed number as the best price please understand Royal is not like other lines that have more fixed prices for their packages.  

I think it's interesting that carnival raised its cheers drink pkg pricing on cruises 5 days and less. Already was $59 + 18%, but going up if it's a short cruise. 

I have a cruise in a couple of weeks.  For over a year the "sales" had been the 20%/BOGO50.  About a month ago the discount went to 30% off.  That's about as low as I have seen even for the black friday sales.  For example, last Black Friday for this same cruise ran the BOGO50 as the "sale" price (go figure).  Obviously, your base price varies dependent on the ship, etc.  The other thing to be aware of it RCI can change the base price at any time.  So, as everyone says, if you like the price, buy it now.  You can always cancel and repurchase if the price drops later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I suspect you are right.  On my next two cruises, both on Harmony, it dropped to 67.99 from 72.99. It has been as high 77.99.  I don't expect anything better than  65.99 on Black Friday.  Even that is a long shot I fear.

Ours are even higher.  I think it also depends on the ship and the length of sailing.  Our next 3, all on Oasis class ships. 

IMG_9122.thumb.jpeg.804178a731574dffbfa31bfbc06df395.jpeg

IMG_9120.thumb.jpeg.c1390ac5e4b79e3bd5787a1f3f2badac.jpeg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.f8c4045c45166050f99744b491d6d233.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, h20skibum said:

Ours are even higher.  I think it also depends on the ship and the length of sailing.  Our next 3, all on Oasis class ships. 

IMG_9122.thumb.jpeg.804178a731574dffbfa31bfbc06df395.jpeg

IMG_9120.thumb.jpeg.c1390ac5e4b79e3bd5787a1f3f2badac.jpeg

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.f8c4045c45166050f99744b491d6d233.jpeg

Yeah that 91.99 looks like my Icon sailing.  I'm not really looking seriously anymore.  I'm good with my Diamond drinks and just paying cash for the one beyond that.  But on Harmony I have a few teenage GK's that will want to have a couple mocktails a day so I'm going to gift those to them and get myself the DBP.  I know that isn't the most economical way to do things but it gives me and excuse to buy the DBP again.  At $67.99 I think I can make it pay. 🙂 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

I've heard that the alcoholic drink packages go on sale for Black Friday. How low do they go?

$18 bucks per day.  Not a Black Friday sale...Just a Royal cruise planner error but they did honor it.  Unfortunately, we never got to use it because of COVID.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

$18 bucks per day.  Not a Black Friday sale...Just a Royal cruise planner error but they did honor it.  Unfortunately, we never got to use it because of COVID.

Yeah, I had 25 days of that pkg but Covid killed it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Same here!  I had two cruises booked with the $18.  Maybe we should blame RCCL for Covid as a way to avoid having to honor this great price.  😂

• Like 1

The lowest was $18. You remember that crazy debacle right? The lowest I’ve ever paid was $42 we are paying $65 for our cruise in a couple of weeks. I think the days of a sub $60pp/pd are long gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We had that $18 rate but they emailed us and cancelled the beverage package/refunded us.

• Like 1

If you want to fly to Asia and go on a cruise from there, you can get the deluxe package for about $43/day. But then there's the whole "fly to Asia" thing, which will negate all your savings. 

The deluxe beverage package prices have gotten way out of hand. I don't even think the refreshment package is worth the money anymore. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 2

I knew someone would bring up the $18 glitch. 

That really doesn't help your fellow passenger evaluate the drink package price. 

They asked a reasonable question with hopes of receiving helpful info.

M  

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Haha 1

The BOGO 50 works out the same as the 25% off sale, just a different wording. The 30% off pops up occasionally. I vaguely remember a few 35% sales back in the day. The smaller ships tend to be cheaper from what I have seen, pre-covid you could find those sub $50. I agree with @Sea Dog that sub $60 is probably over with, unless you find an internet/Bev package combo at $65-$70. They are high enough now I survive on bringing my own wine and D vouchers.

• Like 1