New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

1 hour ago, loman said:

The D lounge on Harmony last month was empty most of the time . They was 6 -8 people in there 

at most during the morning or afternoon. 

It would definitely be a bonehead move by RC to ban Diamonds during the off peak time .

All they would save is a few coffee beans while angering a lot of pax.

The ban is during HH, not the rest of the day.  It's during peak usage time.

I don't think I have been in the D (excuse me, the Crown) Lounge for anything except a morning latte, since they went to the voucher system. 

Those deck 4 lounges do not hold the same appeal as those larger venues with a view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don't think I have been in the D (excuse me, the Crown) Lounge for anything except a morning latte, since they went to the voucher system. 

Those deck 4 lounges do not hold the same appeal as those larger venues with a view.

On Radiance class ships there is a great view.

• Like 4

Just now, steveru621 said:

On Radiance class ships there is a great view.

Same with V/F class too. They also had a great outdoor seating area before the Suite Lounges took over the Rockwall staging area which got moved to the DL outdoor area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

was excepted from bogo in the specific letter. On allure it was not excepted .. that's why I asked for a copy of the letter we used to get specific to THAT ship. Not a generic phamplet. Some ships letter varied in the past

You probably want to actually look at the pamphlet you keep touting as generic then, because the ones that I am looking at right now for both this sailing and last week’s sailing are specifically tailored to Mariner with the specific times, days, events and exclusions for each specific calling. 

IMG_0045.jpeg

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We boarded Mariner on 10-13-21.  Our welcome letter did not mention any restrictions for Diamond members.  Due to the number of Pinns onboard, Pinns are not allowed in the Suites Lounge this week but apparently there are fewer on board next week so we will be allowed in.  Yippee !

Did you receive something in your cabin with the Suite Lounge restriction? Hopefully you found out that way. We were on a cruise recently where we didn’t find out until we were actually outside of the lounge trying to figure out why our cards didn’t work.

Never mind…found it…

IMG_0045.jpeg

Edited by orville99

56 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes 2 of you now confirmed what i posted early in this thread. I said I got this. In fact I have this exact general thing they gave me in my cabin a few weeks ago in front of me. I posted the letter specifically for that ship they told me is gone. All you get is a copy of what's online. So 2 of you posted it to me to confirm exactly what I said? Not sure why. I have a copy and its a copy of all levels what's online. Not the old specific letter. The letter saying welcome to D+ here are the exceptions for this ship is gone. Dont know why people posting a copy of what's online. I just got off allure and was staring a fact. But ok thanks for confirming  .... i guess you agree there is no specific letter as I said? Is this show me your generic phamplet and ill show you mine time? Got a copy right here.

Seems no pinnacles care about their access being cut from happy hour drinks, just diamonds cut from snacks on a couple of ships. Lol

If you look more closely at the pamphlet Orville and I posted, you will see it is just not a simply copy of the online info.  It has actually been modified for the specific cruise.  For example, it states the day and location of the top tier event.  It gives the location and hours for the Pin breakfast.  Some cruises it tells Pins their lounge in the library; on other cruises it told them they may use the suite lounge.  

Granted, that LA did not change the generic exclusions for the BOGO, so it unnecessarily mentions that Hooked is excluded…NBD. If you have a BOGO question or want a variance from the standard BOGO conditions, I suggest you go to the restaurant on day 1 and ask… and for best availability you will want to go early before you even have access to letters in your cabin.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Did you receive something in your cabin with the Suite Lounge restriction? Hopefully you found out that way. We were on a cruise recently where we didn’t find out until we were actually outside of the lounge trying to figure out why our cards didn’t work.

It's usually a letter from the Diamond Lounge concierge that lets you know.

I shouldn't say "I told you so".....but I am.  😉 

Happened much quicker than I thought it would, but since they were quickly changing the name plates on the former Diamond Lounges...I had a pretty good hunch.  

Luckily, I stopped going to the lounges since the vouchers came out.   But I still love them for the morning coffee...apparently no restriction there...err...so far anyway.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, island lady said:

But I still love them for the morning coffee...apparently no restriction there...err...so far

DW brings me coffee every morning while I’m sitting on the balcony watching the waves. Hopefully they won’t figure out a way to ban that…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just off Oasis today. No changes to Diamond Lounge sign and access the same as it always has been. The Solarium sign has been updated to read 18+. Still a young couple with a baby in a stroller thought it didn’t pertain to them lol. I’m sure this change in the Diamond Lounge is just to placate the Pinnacles when they can’t access the suite lounges due to crowding.

We board Jewel on Friday so we'll see what happens.  This itinerary usually has a lot more experienced cruisers. We'll see what they end up doing.  We're traveling with friends who are Pinns and we are D+ and on Jewel the DL and CL are both up in the VCL so views are good and it's usually pretty busy.  We're doing the b2b CL to Quebec City, QC to CL.  20 nights total.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

No, I don’t think I’ve even been in the diamond lounge during HH. With vouchers who needs it. If we’re allowed during our time on Harmony maybe I’ll check it out but I usually have early dining so I’d only have a 1/2 hour anyways.

Allure early dining 5 pm. Diamond lounge snacks 5 pm. Same exact time. That's what I meant they probably did this on purpose. After dinner I've walked thru but nothing jumped out at me.

There wasnt any half hour between dinner and the snacks on allure I just got off.

See ya on harmony. We will see if early dinner is 5 pm when I comes to texas too. 

30 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Just off Oasis today. No changes to Diamond Lounge sign and access the same as it always has been. The Solarium sign has been updated to read 18+. Still a young couple with a baby in a stroller thought it didn’t pertain to them lol. I’m sure this change in the Diamond Lounge is just to placate the Pinnacles when they can’t access the suite lounges due to crowding.

This sounds like the best explanation I've seen so far!

18 minutes ago, BND said:

We board Jewel on Friday so we'll see what happens.  This itinerary usually has a lot more experienced cruisers. We'll see what they end up doing.  We're traveling with friends who are Pinns and we are D+ and on Jewel the DL and CL are both up in the VCL so views are good and it's usually pretty busy.  We're doing the b2b CL to Quebec City, QC to CL.  20 nights total.

On my recent Jewel cruise to Greenland, they gave us an extra voucher for specialty coffee. I rarely use the 5 I get, but I never went to the DL, and just got my morning Caramel Latte at Cafe Latte-tudes. You may get the same thing on your cruises, if they are top tier heavy.

7 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

On my recent Jewel cruise to Greenland, they gave us an extra voucher for specialty coffee. I rarely use the 5 I get, but I never went to the DL, and just got my morning Caramel Latte at Cafe Latte-tudes. You may get the same thing on your cruises, if they are top tier heavy.

We never use the machine in the lounge.  We use one of our 5 vouchers and get coffee at Cafe Lattetudes every morning.  When we were on Jewel last fall to the Caribbean, there was a line every morning for the  coffee in the lounge.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

“As one of our top Pinnacle Club members, you and other guests in your stateroom will still have full SeaPass card access all cruise long”

Do non-PC guests in the Stateroom with a PC have suite lounge, suite sun deck and CK access?  If a PC couple books so each is booked in a cabin with a half a newbie couple, would all four have access while other PC’s are locked out?  I hope not.

I think this means, if you and your spouse/partner have different points it reverts to whoever has the most points even though they may be lower than others. I have many more than my husband and when his name is listed first we do not get our full amenities.

Just now, Tree_skier said:

I've never been so I'm going to check it out this Dec.  Is there stuff there you can't get at the windjammer or cafe promenade?

The actual snacks vary but yes. On Oasis class (usually what I’m sailing) there are usually 3-4 hot apps like breaded shrimp, dumplings, samosas, little egg rolls, little steak/chicken skewers, pigs in a blanket, mini quiche, etc. Then there is always a cheese & cracker spread & a small sweets tray with little chocolate things, chocolate covered strawberries, etc.

Some things are of course better than others & it’s food so personal preference applies but I usually find some of them quite good.

On the flip side, they were awful on Indy last year and it was nothing like I was used to on other ships. On Indy it was one little plug in heating tray with luke warm mozzarella sticks & dry meatballs… and then the cheese & crackers.

In any case, it’s worth checking out. Just like popping into the WJ, you never know when you might find something you like. You can always walk right back out.

In the SL (not the DL but they usually have similar stuff afaik) on Wonder in June I think I had about 20 breaded shrimp b/c they were so good & I knew I didn’t love that night’s CK menu, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've never been so I'm going to check it out this Dec.  Is there stuff there you can't get at the windjammer or cafe promenade?

It's a section of hot and cold finger sized food. They had chocolate covered strawberries every night I saw on allure, small brownies or cake. Hot might be beef on a stick or shrimp but no cocktail sauce, chili sauce. Or cold shrimp placed on a slice of cucumber. It's not like WJ or other places, party food. 

You've had suites so if you been in the suite lounge pretty much the same. Agree with mike. On smaller ships the hot area is much smaller than on oasis class ships. I've had the small cut in half spring rolls not bad.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1