Is the Constellation really a terrible experience?

mustgo

A year ago today we were sailing aboard Constellation as she was crossing the Atlantic to her winter home port of Tampa.  We had an excellent cruise.  The ship was in good shape for her age and the crew was fantastic.  I would not hesitate to book a cruise on her again.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6b00f5a72d2049e17d0693b45cc7d75.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.307be2082b01d4f7069b522d5cc118f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.14ac697808d52823c9c27caa678a30aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19ee364b74b9ff2eef99f9458af0d65b.jpeg

• Like 11

Just now, NMTraveller said:

Third picture,  where what is that?

A pretty cool glass sculpture made by the world renown Dale Chihuly.  The sculpture is located in the starboard side of Deck 11 near the Reflection Lounge.

The glass flowers that adorn the ceiling of the Bellagio lobby is also made by him.

image.thumb.jpeg.5177d2b367621efb73b921fba0e5a4c9.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We sailed her for 21 days a year and a half or so ago and really enjoyed our experience.  We were in the Retreat so that could make a difference.  It was also before any MDR dining changes were made so can't speak to that.  She was overall in good shape - not revolutionized but public areas had been cleaned up quite a bit.  Our one and only complaint revolves around the television if that matters to you.  It was small, old, and did not have the usual automation features of on demand movies, online account, etc..  Our cabin had not been updated with new furniture or anything, but to us that didn't matter.

• Like 2

Thanks for all responses so far.  I am looking at a TA so food and main stage entertainment as well ads daytime lectures are my concern.  We are a paid of oldies on the ship and can deal with staterooms equally old.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mustgo said:

Thanks for all responses so far.  I am looking at a TA so food and main stage entertainment as well ads daytime lectures are my concern.  We are a paid of oldies on the ship and can deal with staterooms equally old.

Main stage entertainment has been iffy on Celebrity since 2012 when I first cruise on Celebrity 

the November 6 2023 TA is over 99% book I guess all those can’t be wrong 

also if you read other social media forums, people appear to happy cruising on her 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustgo said:

Reviews are really bad.  Are there no happy customers?  I do like the itinerary

Constellation is our favourite Celebrity ship having sailed over 20 times.  Even though she may show her age (as do I) we will soon be onboard for two months.

• Like 4

Been on Constellation many times and she is a lovely ship.   Maybe not brand spanking new but you will not be disappointed.  

95% of the cruise experience is the crew and guests.     You will get the signature Celebrity service.  Food will probalby be the same as the menus on all of the other ships.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been on Constellation many times and she is a lovely ship.   Maybe not brand spanking new but you will not be disappointed.  

95% of the cruise experience is the crew and guests.     You will get the signature Celebrity service.  Food will probalby be the same as the menus on all of the other ships.

I agree.  Was on her in January and had an excellent cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

And do you remember:

060.JPG

Bar on the Edge of Earth?  We missed that phase as our first cruise on Constellation was last year.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

We did a wonderful Med/Greek Island family cruise in June. We had three Concierge cabins and early seating in the MDR. We had a great time. Entertainment was excellent. Far better than the Edge ( January and March in a Celebrity and Royal suite). The food in the MDR was very good. Le Petit Chef was a lot of fun. My granddaughter wasn't feeling well one night. Our MDR waiter Michael put together all her favorite foods and personally delivered a tray to her cabin! Yes the cabins were dated but the shower was excellent and hot. Getting on and off was easy because it is a smaller ship. I would definitely sail on her again.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Bar on the Edge of Earth?  We missed that phase as our first cruise on Constellation was last year.

I thought it might be. !

When I  first saw how they destroyed Summit with the rags and dirty lounge beds that blocked the views I cried.....plus thd creepy "interactors"!

Glad that did not last long!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

I thought it might be. !

When I  first saw how they destroyed Summit with the rags and dirty lounge beds that blocked the views I cried.....plus thd creepy "interactors"!

Glad that did not last long!

It was supposed to be a six year arrangement with Cirque du Soleil.  It started in late 2004 or early 2005 and was so poorly received that it was cancelled in 2005 although the "decorations" in Summit's and Constellation's lounge were not removed until much later.

Here is an in depth article about it: link

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was that back in the day's of the failed "Cirque Experience"  - it was and Experience but one you wouldn't want to repeat.

But wait didn't they try Version 2 in Eden on the Edge when it was launched.   Creepy people wandering around.