concierge class silhouette and 1 buffet question

md80fan

We normally cruise RCL but finally booked a celebrity cruise, one to try the different ports, and second to try a different cruise line.

It will be out of South Florida to the Caribbean in 2024. 

We ended up having to get concierge class veranda as that was all that was available except for obstructed view on deck 6 which we prefer to avoid. I tried looking up some information on concierge class and being new to Celebrity i was thinking some more experienced Celebrity cruisers can chime in.
It says we get a bottle of sparkling wine. Is this a regular size bottle or some sort of mini bottle. My father does drink a little wine and we were planning on bringing a bottle onboard but if we get a normal size bottle we might not. 1 might be enough for the cruise.

It says there are binoculars in the room. Are these any good or are they weak ones. My dad likes to bring his to look at birds and other ships off in the distance but curious if these are high powered enough to actually see anything or should we still bring ours.

Is there any other things to know about concierge class like priority getting on and off. Is this kind of like "the key" with RCL   

The one question about the buffet is my father is obsessed with Stir Fry and loved it on the Oasis class RCL ships that had it. I told him Silhouette has it and I want to make sure with all the cut backs and cost savings the buffet will still have stir fry at night as he is loves that to eat. Anybody that has been on recently if they can confirm they still have the Stir Fry

We are looking forward to trying Celebrity and also trying some new ports that we have not seen before.

• Like 1

There is usually a Concierge  lunch in mdr  after you board 

Celebrity Binoculars are very basic, we bring our own..

.Lots of others have higher priority  getting on and off...

The included bubbly ( or wine you can trade for)is reg size but not very good..maybe  drink the bubbly with OJ...

No idea abt stir fry..

Silhouette gets  good reviews..we are booked for late 2024..Concierge Class

Btw...Oasis is a much bigger ship..

Have fun!

I recall a stir fry station on the Silhouette.  We will be on her again in January,  The also have a nice pasta station.  Since we sail often on both Celebrity and Royal (Oasis Class)  we find the buffet on the Solstice and Edge class (Celebrity) much better.   Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, md80fan said:

Is there any other things to know about concierge class like priority getting on and off. Is this kind of like "the key" with RCL

The ‘Celebrity Pass’ has just been introduced, but at a daily cost of $32.99 per person.
The embarkation lunch is served between 12.00 & 1.30pm, so you have to make sure you embark early.

Edited by upwarduk

We have recently returned from Sailing on the Silhouette in Concierge. The sparkling wine was waiting for us in the cabin but on our previous cruise on the same ship we had to request it.

Yes there are binoculars but I would suggest you  bring your own.

Re Stir fry - there is an oriental food station which has a small amount of stir fry but the choice was limited and not very exciting. I have had better on previous cruises.

In Concierge they deliver canape's in the afternoon - we weren't keen on them so asked for some fruit instead which was nice it came as slices of melon & pineapple

Only adding our experience with the Stir Fry station. We were on Silhouette for the Spring Transatlantic and I had a couple of excellent meals at the Stir Fry station. Overall, the buffet was very good and had a number of different stations. 

We always sail as concierge. There used to be priority boarding, but I heard they recently changed to only suite people have priority. The robes are softer than regular veranda rooms, and you can get a pillow menu if the pillows in the room aren't what you like. My wife gets a body pillow from the room attendant.  You get a full bottle of sparking wine and on last 2 cruises, the room attendant told us to just let him know when we wanted it. The embarkation lunch is nice but it has been the same menu for last couple of years. We prefer to just do the buffet and sit in the rear dining area. Utilize the concierge for any of your needs. Enjoy the experience. 

On 11/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, lydnsyd said:

We have recently returned from Sailing on the Silhouette in Concierge. The sparkling wine was waiting for us in the cabin but on our previous cruise on the same ship we had to request it.

Yes there are binoculars but I would suggest you  bring your own.

Re Stir fry - there is an oriental food station which has a small amount of stir fry but the choice was limited and not very exciting. I have had better on previous cruises.

In Concierge they deliver canape's in the afternoon - we weren't keen on them so asked for some fruit instead which was nice it came as slices of melon & pineapple

So the canapés are not an extra charge? Is there anything special about the concierge lunch?

1 hour ago, Szt said:

So the canapés are not an extra charge? Is there anything special about the concierge lunch?

There is no extra charge for the Canape's. We didn't go to the Concierge Lunch but I guess the plus might be that it will be less crowded than the OVC

5 hours ago, Szt said:

They are free. My experience on the last couple of cruises is that they are awful. Some people have been able to ask for a cheese plate instead. The canapes are small bites of things you find in the buffet. So watermelon and feta salad, small piece of salami, brownie bite, etc. 

• Like 1

The Concierge embarkation luncheon is nice, albeit with a limited menu.  It's really pleasant to receive the free glass of bubbly and be served, versus fighting the buffet crowd.   Additionally,  there is a dedicated disembarkation day waiting area with caffeine, juice and pastries.  Sometimes, Concierge passengers will be invited to the helipad for sailaway from a port.   That's a nice event to attend too! 

3 hours ago, lorimay said:

They are free. My experience on the last couple of cruises is that they are awful. Some people have been able to ask for a cheese plate instead. The canapes are small bites of things you find in the buffet. So watermelon and feta salad, small piece of salami, brownie bite, etc. 

I wouldn't mind the latter but usually, over many years, it was some kind of fish every single day.  Past few years we asked for cheese/crackers which have always been provided after letting our attendant know our preference.  In future, maybe I should wait for first day and see if now they provide a nicer snack than fish with crackers.

Edited by Oceangoer2

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I wouldn't mind the latter but usually, over many years, it was some kind of fish every single day.  Past few years we asked for cheese/crackers which have always been provided after letting our attendant know our preference.  In future, maybe I should wait for first day and see if now they provide a nicer snack than fish with crackers.

I love feta so actually enjoyed it with the watermelon

Once I even got some mini shrimp. Most times if I'm around buffet before lunch closes I grab my own snacks 

• Like 2

Last time we stayed in a concierge cabin we asked our cabin steward if we could have cheese and fruit instead of canapés. He happily complied. We traded in our bottle of bubbly for a bottle of red wine. We’ve also brought our unopened bottle to the dining room and received a credit toward a bottle of our choice that we enjoyed with our dinner.

• Like 1

The only thing that makes the embarkation day lunch special is that you get to have a sit down meal in the MDR and can avoid the chaos of the buffet.  The menu is limited, but the food has been good (our last sailing was in Dec. 2021, so I can't say what it's like right now).

As others have said, bring your own binoculars.  

The Silhouette is a wonderful ship.   Enjoy!