Upgrade Worth It?

vision14k

Talk some sense into me someone…

We paid about 5k for 3 of us (1 child) for an upcoming Wonder cruise (Balcony Cabin)… there is a JS available for an additional $3k…. We are 14 points away from diamond so this would help us reach that this cruise.  Also, our child is two years old so it’s nice having a bathtub   BUT is $3k worth it for this upgrade??!

Not for me. Paying an additional 60% for a bathtub and a little more floor space is not worth it to me. But... My financial situation may be different than yours and I'm not travelling with a two-year-old.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 4

We have a Junior Suite on Adventure OTS sailing in about a week. (Just two of us and it is an EIGHT night cruise) 

Have had the reservation for about a 11 months - via a travel agent.

All in, (Cruise, taxes, port charges, pre-paid gratuities, travel insurance) we are at: $3,300. 

🙃

Edited by bgoff60
  • Like 1

No way !! Royal has gone crazy with their pricing but as long as people continue to pay, they'll continue going up. My cruise next week will be my last with RC until the prices come back down. I swore I'd never step foot back on a Carnival ship but I recently ate my words. I booked a suite on a newer ship (Carnival Celebration) 7 days for $3100.

• Like 2

It's your vacation.  You got a great deal when you initially booked your cabin.  You've been looking forward to it for a year.  Don't second guess yourself.  Doing a Royal-Up to a suite will get you no extra Diamond points.  Those points only come for the cabin initially booked.  Just sit back and enjoy what you've got.  Don't worry about what might have been.  Sure, you could have been a millionaire, Hollywood might have called, but you still have to go back to the same old grind at the (remote) office on Monday.

2 hours ago, crazyfrazee said:

No way !! Royal has gone crazy with their pricing but as long as people continue to pay, they'll continue going up. My cruise next week will be my last with RC until the prices come back down. I swore I'd never step foot back on a Carnival ship but I recently ate my words. I booked a suite on a newer ship (Carnival Celebration) 7 days for $3100.

Like you I have said I will never cruise on Carnival again. Unlike you there is nothing that will change my mind. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Nope not for me. I never understand paying to choose a room in the area you want to be to then pay again to upgrade and be put almost anywhere in that new grade. 🤷 If you win the bid. 

That’s understandable,  but OP’s considering a regular upgrade, not RoyalUp

Edited by Starry Eyes